In 2013 Robert might "chill" awhile!

Bayougal65

It’s official, his on-going retirement party over the last number of years of discovering sleepy music has come to an end. It was fun while it lasted Rob…

Sorry Charles,

Looks like Rob is not yet to retire, but he is touring Australia and NZ with a stop in Singapore in the spring of 2013!

And not a sleepy tune in the set!!!

I like his idea of chillin'..... chillin' down under that is!

:D

Www.Robertplant.com

Man, Charles...u really can't get past LZ's past at all...so for the people that like Americana and world music influences.... it's all just sleepy music? Alison Krauss' band and T Bone Burnett are accomplished musicians and producers...Dylan must just put u out like a light. Justin Adams from Robert's band is excellent...nothing seems to be worthwhile to u now...ok flame on...I'll enjoy my descent into sleepy music.

Man, Charles...u really can't get past LZ's past at all...so for the people that like Americana and world music influences.... it's all just sleepy music? Alison Krauss' band and T Bone Burnett are accomplished musicians and producers...Dylan must just put u out like a light. Justin Adams from Robert's band is excellent...nothing seems to be worthwhile to u now...ok flame on...I'll enjoy my descent into sleepy music.

:bravo:

Who said that? I know that I didn't - I like many things after Zeppelin. I rather enjoyed the albums Principle of Moments, Honey Drippers, Manic Nirvana, and Fate of Nations. I also liked the single songs Shine It All Around, and Angel Dance. The rest of it for me was bollocks.

• 2 weeks later...

Who said that? I know that I didn't - I like many things after Zeppelin. I rather enjoyed the albums Principle of Moments, Honey Drippers, Manic Nirvana, and Fate of Nations. I also liked the single songs Shine It All Around, and Angel Dance. The rest of it for me was bollocks.

Good for you. A lot others disagree. We can agree to disagree, but don't flaunt your opinion around like it is right, and I mean you saying it is sleepy music.

Agreed to a point. I don't like any of it

I haven't liked everything and some of it hasn't aged all that well but...

Robert Plant has had a very gutsy solo career..

He could have milked Led Zeppelin dry.

He could have become a crooner like Rod Stewart.

He definitely went down his own path.. and that takes guts.

Plus, Strange Sensations was an incredible band.

He deserves to chill as much or as little as he wants.

I haven't liked everything and some of it hasn't aged all that well but...

Robert Plant has had a very gutsy solo career..

He could have milked Led Zeppelin dry.

He could have become a crooner like Rod Stewart.

He definitely went down his own path.. and that takes guts.

Plus, Strange Sensations was an incredible band.

He deserves to chill as much or as little as he wants.

strange sensation was probably the best, most versatile band that he's formed since zeppelin, really looking forward to his record with them next year, they're just so much more dynamic than stuff like the allison krauss project or the band of joy where the bands were maybe more genre specific. Yeah, I know they're the sensational space shifters now, but it's basically strange sensation under a different guise.

I'm desperately longing for new music. Don't get me wrong, I really do like many of his interpretations of Zep and Non Zep numbers. But one or two years ago Patty Griffin talked about new music being recorded and recently Buddy Miller spoke about an album with NEW music on it. Music, made by themselves. I'd really appreciate that coming.

Okay, I'm looking forward to an SSS-Album either but pleeease without Song To The Siren. That's such a wonderful song and for me it's one of the highlights from Dreamland, but if I listen to the South-America downloads, I can only hope that we'll be speared from that.

And though I grant him each and every hour in his beloved USA, there's something else I do hope for: a European Tour in 2013!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

well you gota remember how plant operates... he always slips into this zone ,trying to pause , in neutral ,has been doing covers " momentarily. let his creative batterys run at low rpm "and get ready for a FULL CHARGE !

he knows where their are some "exciting ideas" & IMO he wants to look at them with a fresh forward concept, or it could turn out good,still but then " good" is not what will get him excited to do ANY project!

if he's not 'fully' able to look at these ideas from a clear view,or if other ideas are still in his system= HE WILL just enjoy himself a few MORE years working them through......

ONLY AFTER THEN will he be ready for sucha concept, something with no barriers ...pushing the limits of unheard of ideas and experimenting with them free of any style contamination. no boundries no expectations, if his buddys are willing tp experiment just for themselves ...no other intensions, they will try "things"

& if it excites "them" they just may share it with "us"

...(amen)

• 3 weeks later...

saw RP with Band of JOy at Beacon Theater in NYC 2 yrs ago. An incredible show by awesome musicians in that band. For my money the best solo performance by RP since Zep that I witnessed. Buddy Miller, Daryl Scott and Patty Griffin are all world class talents. Can't wait for their next cd.

Archived