Tennis

weslgarlic

• 4 months later...

^^^

Have you wet your knickers yet, Rick? Maria won and will now face Serena Williams in the final. :)

Now to see if the Brit chillumpuffer loves to hate, Andy Murray, can win his men's semifinal match and go on to the final, where hopefully Djokovic will await. His match doesn't start until after midnight Pacific Standard Time...another two hours.

But who needs sleep.

Edited by Strider

It seems fitting that no. 1 plays no. 2 in a final.

Sharapova and Williams have played in three Grand Slam finals with Williams winning two to one.

On form, Williams should start favourite and rankings mean nothing in finals until the match is over.

Neither have won all four titles in one year, so whilst very good players they are not great, just yet.

Williams has won two Grand Slam titles on six occasions in a calendar year with three G S titles in 2002 (she didn't play in the Australian Open that year) and Sharapova only one on five occasions.

As for the men, I think it will Djokovic vs. Berdych.

Tips.

Women: Williams in a close one.

Men: Djokovic regardless of who he plays.

^^^

Have you wet your knickers yet, Rick? Maria won and will now face Serena Williams in the final. :)

Now to see if the Brit chillumpuffer loves to hate, Andy Murray, can win his men's semifinal match and go on to the final, where hopefully Djokovic will await. His match doesn't start until after midnight Pacific Standard Time...another two hours.

But who needs sleep.

Still do man.... but hey if you can't love a winner?

It seems fitting that no. 1 plays no. 2 in a final.

Sharapova and Williams have played in three Grand Slam finals with Williams winning two to one.

On form, Williams should start favourite and rankings mean nothing in finals until the match is over.

Neither have won all four titles in one year, so whilst very good players they are not great, just yet.

Williams has won two Grand Slam titles on six occasions in a calendar year with three G S titles in 2002 (she didn't play in the Australian Open that year) and Sharapova only one on five occasions.

As for the men, I think it will Djokovic vs. Berdych.

Tips.

Women: Williams in a close one.

Men: Djokovic regardless of who he plays.

Maria is on top of her game. I do not see her being beat by anyone. I will take Maria to win it. Kick ass Maria. And oh, what a set of legs she has! Wow. :veryhot:

Maria is on top of her game. I do not see her being beat by anyone. I will take Maria to win it. Kick ass Maria. And oh, what a set of legs she has! Wow. :veryhot:

You and Reggie do realize that Serena is 16-2 all-time vs. Maria and hasn't lost to her in a Grand Slam final since Bush was president 10 years ago? Serena has won 15 consecutive matches against Sharapova and often in crushing straight-sets fashion.

Listen, I would like Maria to win, too, and hope she can at least be competitive against Serena. But methinks I've seen this movie before.

Andy Murray in the final? That thud you heard was CP fainting.

Edited by Strider

You and Reggie do realize that Serena is 16-2 all-time vs. Maria and hasn't lost to her in a Grand Slam final since Bush was president 10 years ago? Serena has won 15 consecutive matches against Sharapova and often in crushing straight-sets fashion.

Listen, I would like Maria to win, too, and hope she can at least be competitive against Serena. But methinks I've seen this movie before.

Andy Murray in the final? That thud you heard was CP fainting.

:wakeup:

Damn! What power Serena has!! :wacko: And she is supposedly unwell?! I shudder to think what she is like when she is as fit as a fiddle! :wacko:

Edited to add: I don't know much about tennis and I tuned in out of curiosity BUT to a newcomer like myself, this game is terribly engrossing! :)

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Hmmm...looks like it's back to the drawing board for Maria.

Although Maria definitely stepped up her game in the second set, once again Serena was just a little tougher, mentally and physically, and Serena beats Maria 6-3, 7-6 to win the Aussie Open. That's GS title #19 for Serena and she has now beaten Maria 16 consecutive times.