How many fans are over 50

TheRambler

That's hilarious Rambler. I was really into Dylan as well as a lot of other music including Zeppelin back then. I refused to have a boyfriend who was not similarly minded, and most were way more diversified than I was. It is a family joke that I divorced my husband because he grew into a huge Genesis (Phil Collins) fan and played those records all the time. I still can't listen to Genesis. Hall & Oates are the most common vintage LPs in vintage vinyl shops here. It's true, I think, that you are what you listen to - it speaks volumes about who you are. We know we are all cool : )

About the plethora of young people on this forum - admit I was very surprised by that too. Not because Zeppelin isn't classic and therefore endures, but because for me their music was a part of the time in which it was first performed and recorded. I wonder what they feel in the music that those of us who saw the band live in the day feel? It's sort of like my kids when they "discovered" the Beatles. I can only relate to that music as I did when I heard it for the first time when it was new.

Once I had discovered the sound of blues/rock, I quickly discovered lots of other bands who were equally talented but Led Zeppelin were always my favourites. I did quite like Bob Dylan and have 1 of his albums! I was heavily into Free with Paul Rodgers, the man's voice was superb. Yes, Taste, Cream, Deep Purple etc. My older sister was into the Beatles but I went my own way when I became of age! Her hubby was into The Stones and he couldn't understand what I saw in Zeppelin. I used to say to him well if you can't see it, I'm not about to tell ya!

I'll be 63 in March & have been a Fan since hearing their 1st LP in early '69. It was like NOTHING "out there" at the time!!! We were all especially blown away by Plant's Voice; as there were none like him then (or today; for that matter). Long Live Led Zep!!!

I'll be 63 in March & have been a Fan since hearing their 1st LP in early '69. It was like NOTHING "out there" at the time!!! We were all especially blown away by Plant's Voice; as there were none like him then (or today; for that matter). Long Live Led Zep!!!

I think you're right Donman, Led Zep back then was clearing charting a new direction in music. Some other bands had a blues base, but not the heaviness nor the interpretive qualities.

Right you are, "SC". Their mixture of Acoustic AND the Heaviness set them apart; Musically-speaking. Plant's Voice set them apart even further. It was SOOOOOOO nice to see JP, RP & JPJ all enjoy that "Lincoln Center" version of "Stairway..." !!!! They loved it!!

Don

Okay...I'm in :) I'm 55 and honestly, have just come into my intense fan-dom in the last 8ish years. Still...better late than never!!

And Don, not to be a nitpicker, but it was the Kennedy Center. And I only do this because it's a local thing for me :)

Right you are, "SC". Their mixture of Acoustic AND the Heaviness set them apart; Musically-speaking. Plant's Voice set them apart even further. It was SOOOOOOO nice to see JP, RP & JPJ all enjoy that "Lincoln Center" version of "Stairway..." !!!! They loved it!!

Don

Lincoln Centre? Do you mean the Kennedy Centre extravaganza? Yeah, definitely, their ability to merge acoustic and hard rocking heavy riffs really impressed me. It strikes me as similar to finding a groove in counterpoint or in art, how negative space speaks volumes and expands the experience.

Wow I've got a new lease of life since I joined this forum. It's great to talk to so many Zepp fans. I had only heard them when I was 14 and not seen them yet. When I saw Robert Plant for the first time, I fell head over heels in love/lust with this strutting specimen of manhood. The long blonde shaggy hair and those tight jeans were too much for a young girl, I can tell you! Their music was so different and if the bluesy sound didn't get ya, the rock sound blew your head off. Let's not forget the lyrics, which were also so meaningful but yet sometimes light and airy. Gosh I think I've got carried away there but when I think of growing up, all I think of is Led Zeppelin.

Hi,

56 here (nearly 57), got into Zep in 1971. Some advantages of age is that I was lucky enough to see them 4 times (1972, twice in 1975 and Knebworth). One of millions that didn't get a ticket for O2.

Still listen regularly mainly the live stuff.

Andy

Hi,

56 here (nearly 57), got into Zep in 1971. Some advantages of age is that I was lucky enough to see them 4 times (1972, twice in 1975 and Knebworth). One of millions that didn't get a ticket for O2.

Still listen regularly mainly the live stuff.

Andy

Oh you lucky lucky thing you! I remember all the cuttings from the music papers for Knebworth 1975 and I had a lot of them on my bedroom walls. I think Robert had a beard then. I can't imagine what it was like to see them live but having bought The Song Remains The Same video when it came out I can see that it must have been spectacular.

Hi! I'm 53 years old. Old enough to have been around and listening to music when Zep was in their heyday. Unfortunately, I never got to see them in person. They only performed in my hometown once, back in 1970. I was ten years old at the time; too young to attend rock concerts.

Having just joined this forum it looks like at 59 I'm one of the oldest !!

I was fortunate enough to see them at 'Mothers' in Erdington, Birmingham (England). What a venue that was.

Imust have brought up my 2 boys well because at aged 26 and 30 they are both into Led Zeppelin as well.

Archived