How many fans are over 50

TheRambler

There's already a thread for the age of fans; it should answer your question: http://forums.ledzep...ppelin-fan-age/

That thread you linked is for all ages - first page seems to be a plethora of twenty somethings.

I'm with you, Rambler. I can remember those days even if I couldn't get into some clubs to hear the music I wanted. We saw a ton of concerts including Zeppelin and when it was new, a great time to be a teenager. So good to see so many of our generation's bands inspiring new musicians and still going strong.

59 yet it only seems like yesterday when I listened to LZII, that was released in this country before LZ (long story that was discussed on an earlier version of the forum and I can't find it anywhere).

When I seen and heard them for the first time it was at a screening of Supershow 69 at the cinema.

Countless are the times I've played them on vinyl, 8 track, cassette, VHS, CD and DVD.

I was fortunate enough to see Led Zeppelin live too and that's coming up to 41 years ago.

Like fine wine, they get better with age.

Just turned 55, the day before Jimmys! And on Elvis's! Anywho..First heard Zep on a small transistor radio in PA, Black Dog to be exact. And Rambler and Deb, you hit the nail on the head!! Saw them in Tampa in '73 and the good old days of radio I remember fondly. Btw..if anyone is in the Flagstaff, AZ area turn the FM radio dial to 98.9. Commercial free album rock, just like the good old days!

Jeff

Just turned 55, the day before Jimmys! And on Elvis's! Anywho..First heard Zep on a small transistor radio in PA, Black Dog to be exact. And Rambler and Deb, you hit the nail on the head!! Saw them in Tampa in '73 and the good old days of radio I remember fondly. Btw..if anyone is in the Flagstaff, AZ area turn the FM radio dial to 98.9. Commercial free album rock, just like the good old days!

Jeff

Yeah remember late night album rock and blues FM radio? When my dad grounded me for being a hippie, I would listen to late night underground radio up in my room. I discovered Zappa, Dylan, great blues artists and other things that were way more adventurous than my 14 year old mind ever got up to. He realized his efforts backfired when the guitar lessons came along and later art college.

Yeah remember late night album rock and blues FM radio? When my dad grounded me for being a hippie, I would listen to late night underground radio up in my room.

only with the headphones on... I had a Zenith and wore it out, it went to college with me.

post-21997-0-34790300-1359439852_thumb.j

It died in '84... bought Kenwood and Bose 901s

54 here.

My Brother introduced me to volume 111 when it was released iN Australia when I was about 12.and been dedicated ever since.

My proudest achievement was introducing my 15 year old son to LZ as well. He is now 21 and is his favourite band as well.

My next goal is to intdoduce a Grandchild to LZ one day.

Jeff

Flagstaff has a GREAT place for skiing called "Snow Bowl" whenever I visit family in Tempe I made a point of travelling up there

I'm so glad it's not all young folk on this site! But it's great that "the young ones" like them too. I never saw them live because I met a Bob Dylan fan and was ridiculed out of liking them. He was history in the seventies though! Then I met a Hall & Oates fan, well he was history in the eighties! Finally I met someone who appreciated good music and I can indulge myself. Hallelujah!

I'm so glad it's not all young folk on this site! But it's great that "the young ones" like them too. I never saw them live because I met a Bob Dylan fan and was ridiculed out of liking them. He was history in the seventies though! Then I met a Hall & Oates fan, well he was history in the eighties! Finally I met someone who appreciated good music and I can indulge myself. Hallelujah!

That's hilarious Rambler. I was really into Dylan as well as a lot of other music including Zeppelin back then. I refused to have a boyfriend who was not similarly minded, and most were way more diversified than I was. It is a family joke that I divorced my husband because he grew into a huge Genesis (Phil Collins) fan and played those records all the time. I still can't listen to Genesis. Hall & Oates are the most common vintage LPs in vintage vinyl shops here. It's true, I think, that you are what you listen to - it speaks volumes about who you are. We know we are all cool : )

About the plethora of young people on this forum - admit I was very surprised by that too. Not because Zeppelin isn't classic and therefore endures, but because for me their music was a part of the time in which it was first performed and recorded. I wonder what they feel in the music that those of us who saw the band live in the day feel? It's sort of like my kids when they "discovered" the Beatles. I can only relate to that music as I did when I heard it for the first time when it was new.

Archived