The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

7 hours ago, Mr.Bones said:

What exactly is that supposed to mean? I assume you picked the wrong emoji and did not notice because anyone who would post that on a RIP thread would be a disgusting imitation of a human being and I know you would never stoop to such a low. 

Please let everyone know this was a mistake.

Not a fan of RBG but I'm not celebrating her death, I'm merely enthusiastic about the future of the SCOTUS.

14 hours ago, kipper said:

Very well said.

So I wonder why Elton's John's "Tiny Dancer" is playing? 

Because he's a thief. Elton John, Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Perry's family have all said they did not give Trump permission to use their songs at his rallies and asked him to stop.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Because he's a thief. Elton John, Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Perry's family have all said they did not give Trump permission to use their songs at his rallies and asked him to stop.

But how does it work with playing music at a rally or event like that?  Whoever the publishing company is that owns the music rights, as long as they are getting paid the fee for it playing at a event, isn't that all that is required?  

1 hour ago, kipper said:

But how does it work with playing music at a rally or event like that?  Whoever the publishing company is that owns the music rights, as long as they are getting paid the fee for it playing at a event, isn't that all that is required?  

https://www.abajournal.com/news/article/can_recording_artists_stop_trump_from_playing_their_music_at_rallies_some_l

On 9/19/2020 at 4:47 PM, SteveAJones said:

Not a fan of RBG but I'm not celebrating her death, I'm merely enthusiastic about the future of the SCOTUS.

The I suggest you take your "enthusiasm" to a political forum as your "enthusiasm" is a violation of forum rules.

4 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

I can’t say I’m sad to see her go, she’s burning in hell for her actions, murdering innocent babies.

She looks evil, Ginsberg.

Jesus Christ, that's it. What part of NO POLITICS are you having a problem misunderstanding????

You should be embarrassed by such a rude, nasty, ignorantly moronic comment.

Edited by Mr.Bones

11 minutes ago, Mr.Bones said:

Jesus Christ, that's it.....................................

Do I need to point out that you are playing an equal part to the very thing you are complaining about.

PM function still works too.

Edited by kipper

18 minutes ago, Mr.Bones said:

Pointing out the rules is playing an equal part? That is a silly comment.

All I am saying is that when "the hammer comes down" it may just end up with a popular thread locked or deleted. 

Everybody can see the types of exchanges that go on, including the moderators. You aren't pointing out what is already on record.  Usually when a thread ends up locked it isn't due to the first offending posts which cause that, it happens due to a backlash of other posts by others.  Sort of, "if you can't kids can't play nice then time to come inside and go to bed".   My advice would be that returning with personal attacks (calling someone moronic) is actually escalating-- not escalating. 

Sometimes using sarcastic humor is the better way to note disapproval to a thing. And that for the rest of us is way more entertaining too.

Meanwhile, I think we should just leave the rest of this alone.

Respectfully,

Kip

Edited by kipper

10 hours ago, Mr.Bones said:

Jesus Christ, that's it. What part of NO POLITICS are you having a problem misunderstanding????

You should be embarrassed by such a rude, nasty, ignorantly moronic comment.

I am not embarrassed by my comments.

This is the Rest In Peace thread, if you want to wish her RIP, good for you, I know she won’t be resting well, so I’m not going to wish, that.

There are things that are forgivable, but making it possible to kill babies, isn’t one of them.

She looks evil.

Edited by RainbowElf