2013 NFL Thread

Strider

What's the old expression, any given Sunday. Dallas' playoffs hopes just went down in flames I believe and the Bungles proved yet again they are not ready for primetime or ready to make a deep run in the playoffs.

I do not agree on the Bengals. Name an AFC team that has been perfect and has not run into bumps in the road? You can't. Cincy has as good a shot as anyone. Do you now want to say Pittsburgh is the team because of last night? Denver is the other logical choice and San Diego went in there and beat them. I believe if Seattle gets there, they win it. It would be an upset if Seattle were to be beaten by anyone now as they are the team to beat

What's the old expression, any given Sunday. Dallas' playoffs hopes just went down in flames I believe and the Bungles proved yet again they are not ready for primetime or ready to make a deep run in the playoffs.

Yeah, I shouldn't have trusted the Bungles on the road....or New Orleans for that matter. So much for Rick's pick of Cincinnati going to the Super Bowl. They are not beating Denver or New England in the playoffs.

Dallas is a disaster...cannot wait to watch the highlights to see how they fucked that game up. Haha, USC fans know the pain and suffering of Monte Kiffin's porous defense. There needs to be a team-wide purge...starting with Jerry Jones.

I don't see how Monte Kiffin doesn't have a pink slip waiting for him right now. Matt Flynn turned into John Elway yesterday with that second half magic.

And Rick, I forget the exact number, but I heard the stat last night that the Bengals have not won a playoff game in over 20 years & we know Marvin Lewis' Bungles always come up short in the postseason, so I would not be surprised if they lock up the #3 seed if they get bounced in the 1st round again, despite have the home field. Cincy to me is a lot like Detroit, I have to see them do it in January before I start believing...

Hopefully for my own personal benefit, the good Lions will show up tonight. I would say home field should be the advantage, but I said the same thing when the Lions played the Bucs at home & lost, so who knows.... :unsure:

Hopefully for my own personal benefit, the good Lions will show up tonight. I would say home field should be the advantage, but I said the same thing when the Lions played the Bucs at home & lost, so who knows.... :unsure:

Well on Turkey day we got to see what the Lions can do. I say they win tonight. Whether they cover? Not sure. But I am guessing they will have a good offensive night. That game in Philly in a blizzard is probably not a good measuring stick of this team. They have never played well at Philly, or Wash. Remember the ass whipping they took there in the title game in the early 90's when the Bills were on their way to their 3rd st SB? I wish the Lions had won that game. I am likely wrong on the SB number? But Detroit did lose to Wash in the NFC title game and the fact they even got there was shocking. I will always say we had the best team that year, and we came roaring back too little too late after a bad start. I still blame the refs for non calls on Washington's dirty secondary when Andre Reed was mugged over and over.

I will always say we had the best team that year, and we came roaring back too little too late after a bad start. I still blame the refs for non calls on Washington's dirty secondary when Andre Reed was mugged over and over.

Yes on a couple of plays, Reed was mugged. He was a dangerous WR. But you got to admit a lot of that D was legit. Kelly was pressured. They got to him a little too soon and often. I can't say I was pulling for Buffalo, but I do wish they would have won just one of those SBs. I had a lot of respect for Jim Kelly.

That season, for the Redskins, was proof that you don't need a great quarterback to take it to the house. If your offensive frontline is your strength, any better than average QB can have time to pick and choose options. And I could run through the holes they blasted open.

I'm going for Detroit tonight. Baltimore's D will give up the ghost midway through the 4th.

That season, for the Redskins, was proof that you don't need a great quarterback to take it to the house. If your offensive frontline is your strength, any better than average QB can have time to pick and choose options. And I could run through the holes they blasted open.

Hell, Buffalo's first two Super Bowl losses was proof of that. The Giants beat Buffalo with Jeff Hostetler at QB. Does anybody seriously believe Hostetler was a better QB than Kelly?

By the time Buffalo played Dallas, their psyche was toast...they were beat before they even took the field.

I like Detroit tonight...unlike last week, Reggie Bush will be playing and Stafford is much more effective with Bush in the lineup.

Archived