John Paul Jones attends premiere of new Philip Glass opera

Janvier

post-19355-0-39945300-1370150989_thumb.j

"LONDON, ENGLAND - JUNE 01: John Paul Jones attends performance of new Opera written by Glass, a fictionalised account of Walt Disney's final years at the Coliseum on June 1, 2013 in London, England. (Photo by Ferdaus Shamim/WireImage)"

Source: gettyimages, http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/john-paul-jones-attends-performance-of-new-opera-written-by-news-photo/169787235

She and Jones have been married for 40+ years. IIRC, they were already married when Jones co-founded Led Zeppelin.

Ohhhh don't let Jimmy hear you say that. :D He would set you straight.

I believe JPJ and his wife married in 1965 when he was a session musician and he still went by Mr Baldwin.

Ohhhh don't let Jimmy hear you say that. :D He would set you straight.

I believe JPJ and his wife married in 1965 when he was a session musician and he still went by Mr Baldwin.

The version of events I've read is that Jones, Page and Peter Grant put up the money for Zep's first American tour so he had a financial stake in the band from the get-go. Bonham and Plant were placed on salary during those earliest days.

The only member who's marriage survived.....

i think the Bonhams would still be together today if he had lived. wasn't his drinking part of dealing with being away from her ? JPJ also felt the same when he was away from his wife and kids but he was able to deal with it in a better way.

Interview with John Paul Jones from last night. Thanks to Red Carpet News TV for sending it my way.

Even with John Paul Jones saying his year is going to be filled with opera, the rumors will persist. Personally I'd very much like to see the opera. It sounds interesting

Let's see. John Paul Jones attends premiere of opera by the great Philip Glass. Jimmy Page goes to a Journey concert.

That says it all right there, as far as which one is still an 'active' musician and keeping his ears open.

How much did JPJ LOVE ( I mean LOOOOVVVEEE) the opportunity to say that HE was the busy one this time!

What a great moment for the guy genius who has always been over-shadowed by Plant and Page, even Bonham.

He had his moment to tell the Press - Fuck off - Now I'M Busy!! Take that Robert!

• 3 weeks later...

What a great moment for the guy genius who has always been over-shadowed by Plant and Page, even Bonham.

:bravo: Thank you! Why we constantly act like he doesn't exist is beyond me. Personally I can't wait to hear the opera.

Nobody acts like JPJ doesn't exist.

I surely didn't mean literally. Just compare the amount of threads about JPJ to Page, Plant or even (to a lesser extent) Bonham. Or just try reading books and articles. The point is he is constantly neglected in favor of the other members and does not get the credit he deserves.

I surely didn't mean literally. Just compare the amount of threads about JPJ to Page, Plant or even (to a lesser extent) Bonham. Or just try reading books and articles. The point is he is constantly neglected in favor of the other members and does not get the credit he deserves.

that's because he tends to be more quiet . he also doesn't use his being a part of LZ to promote himself. notice that robert plant's shows often mention him being part of LZ and even include the young pic of him. but i see John Paul playing with lots of different people and places but without mention of his background.

i don't think john paul really cares about how much and whether he gets attention but there are people who would buy a ticket to something just because it would mention "led zeppelin" .

maybe he should get Page to do some promoting and marketing of the stuff he is doing.

i am also looking forward to the opera he is working on.

Archived