So goddamned sick of concert seating charges.

Sunshine woman

My frustration has been slowly accumulating ever since my $180 concert ticket at the Sydney Opera House in 2010 and now I'm fuming. Fleetwood Mac at Sydney Entertainment Centre are charging $200 for 'gold' section 35 seats (the yellow section below). The blue is silver section for $150 and the orange is bronze section for $100.

post-23667-0-74196200-1371521323_thumb.p

I'm sick and tired of bands stating that they "play for the fans" and then charging $200 for seats that are actually pretty shitty. And sadly, Fleetwood Mac isn't even the crux of the problem, it's The Rolling Stones that are being the most ridiculous. Overall, concerts are just getting too damned expensive.

I couldn't agree more! Here in the States you have to add Ticketmaster phone and service charges on top of the ridiculous ticket prices themselves. My last arena gig was the O2 event in 2007. Since then, the only cnocerts I go to are in small venues and clubs - with reasonable ticket prices and general seating! If it means not seeing the Stones or Mac, so be it! I'll be just as happy seeing The Cult or Lez Zeppelin at an affordable show!

yeah, i looked at the fleetwood mac sydney tickets ... not even good seats left when i looked, and for hubby and i to spend $300 plus petrol, food etc .. it is just getting out of hand. we both saw robert plant, as i just couldn't let him pass by, and whoopie cat sold me some pretty good tickets :friends: . then rodriguez toured and hubby is a massive fan, so he went on his own, but i would have liked to have gone .

Here is my take on the issue: When bands like Fleetwood Mac or The Rolling Stones reunite and tour, the primary motivation is money. I don't have a problem with this. They're musicians; making and performing music is how they earn their living. I can't afford their ticket prices so I won't attend. I'm bummed but I'm not angry with them. Concerts are a luxury; not a necessity.

Glastonbury Festival:

Ticket £205.00 For 3 days it is not that bad

Booking Fee £ 5.00 - For the privilege of actually going and booking on line

Sending Tickets out in the post: Now here's the rub £6.00. An envelope would cost about 20p and a stamp is 60p. Disgrace

Here is my take on the issue: When bands like Fleetwood Mac or The Rolling Stones reunite and tour, the primary motivation is money. I don't have a problem with this. They're musicians; making and performing music is how they earn their living. I can't afford their ticket prices so I won't attend. I'm bummed but I'm not angry with them. Concerts are a luxury; not a necessity.

Yes, but I've never seen Fleetwood Mac or The Stones' and I wasn't around when they were popular, so this is literally my only chance to see them because they're not getting any younger.

Glastonbury Festival:

Sending Tickets out in the post: Now here's the rub £6.00. An envelope would cost about 20p and a stamp is 60p. Disgrace

$9.50 handling fee for ticketmaster online purchases.Excuse me, but what the fuck? It's online. You literally have to press a button and I print out the ticket myself. Fuck this shit, it's ludicrous.

$9.50 handling fee for ticketmaster online purchases.Excuse me, but what the fuck? It's online. You literally have to press a button and I print out the ticket myself. Fuck this shit, it's ludicrous.

Not as scandalous as if the show is cancelled. In this little rip off you don't get your handling/booking fee back. ONLY the price of the ticket.

I think I would pay anything for Robert Plant,in the last year I saw Bon Jovi and AC DC..I thought the prices were ok for both,saw Kid Rock and Bob Seger last month

totally agree. I wanted to see the Stones so badly, especially because they've been around nearly 3 times longer than i have...but for that price HELL NO. I could see Robert Plant 5 times for the price of one Stones ticket

I know,and then the paper and ink to print your self

Not as scandalous as if the show is cancelled. In this little rip off you don't get your handling/booking fee back. ONLY the price of the ticket.

That is a rub, 60p for the post box stamp is pathetic when it's nanny state running it

Glastonbury Festival:

Artists no longer work for nothing in the live setting, as album sales have decreased that income is no longer there, so artists are charging more for the live gig to compensate for the loss of money from album sales – keep in mind that despite what the government claims, inflation has been running rampant over the last 5 years so prices will go up. I don’t have a problem with artists discovering there inner capitalist, it points out how hypocritical some of them are, the market will bear what it shall bear.

For tonight's Heart/JBLZE show, the tickets were $50 a piece....with $20 extra in fees per ticket - and that's with picking them up at will call.

That's bullshit! One of the fees I had to pay for Friday's concert(Robert Plant!!) is a "convenience fee"...convenient for whom? Certainly not me or my bank account.

Whatever happened to just having to pay sales tax with the face value of the tickets?

Edited by Texas Melanie

Artists no longer work for nothing in the live setting, as album sales have decreased that income is no longer there, so artists are charging more for the live gig to compensate for the loss of money from album sales – keep in mind that despite what the government claims, inflation has been running rampant over the last 5 years so prices will go up. I don’t have a problem with artists discovering there inner capitalist, it points out how hypocritical some of them are, the market will bear what it shall bear.

Misuse of the word capitalist. A capitalist is someone who profits off of other people's labor. Someone who just charges a lot for their services is not a capitalist.

concerts are viewed as the real money maker.

As they make monkeys out of the concert goers.

I feel the same about Bad Company playing here on Thursday with the nosebleed seats at $37. These old bands should be grateful anyone even comes to see them anymore and take what they can get.

Ahhhhh.... The old days of the Fillmore, Avalon & Winterland where you could see 3 good bands for $3.50.

• 3 months later...

I definitely miss seeing concerts for twenty bucks general admission! Concerts were so much more enjoyable general admission like that, even though it was more dangerous. Now in many cases the prices get jacked up depending how much closer you want to sit just so you can sit next to some little kid with his parents...Well the Arizona state fair starts tomorrow, you can see some good general admission concerts for the price of fair admission. This year we have ZZ Top, Cheap Trick, Jerry Lewis, Megadeth and others...

Edited by luvlz2