New Empress Valley soundboard release - 13 Feb 1975 Nassau NY (w/Ron Wood!)

Triplet Kick

And EVSD has released the 13th Soundboard also as just a 3cd set... which will (hopefully) be a bit cheaper than the King's set...

0000083.jpg

No price was mentioned in Eric's last email -- the title is equally as bad as the nine-disc set's. :P

No price was mentioned in Eric's last email -- the title is equally as bad as the nine-disc set's. :P

Look again ;) I posted the price last night from Eric's email....my post was deleted.

I kind of like the title :P

I believe in one title they stole two of my uploads. Just my speculation, though.

Considering all they do is download the recordings off the 'net from torrent sites, and then apply their 'special magic' to them :lol: that doesn't surprise me in the least.

I believe in one title they stole two of my uploads. Just my speculation, though.

Considering all they do is download the recordings off the 'net from torrent sites, and then apply their 'special magic' to them :lol: that doesn't surprise me in the least.

That sucks.

Weasels!

• 3 weeks later...

To get back on topic, I just finished listening to the 02/13/75 show and apart for the little glitch at the beginning of Rock'N'Roll, the show is f*cking great and I truly do not understand what the big beef against Empress is about. Their boots are top quality (sound & packaging) and there is little more that can be expected. Yes, they are expensive, and perhaps that's where all this anger comes from, i don't know - not everyone has St-Valentine's Massacre and this set is a great way to have 2 amazing shows.

Perhaps i'm just your average listener, but it's not as if these releases were produced to be listened to on the latest Dynaudio speakers plugged in with gold platted cables.

Take a chill pill.
Enjoy the roughness.

Be a man.

L.

To get back on topic, I just finished listening to the 02/13/75 show and apart for the little glitch at the beginning of Rock'N'Roll, the show is f*cking great and I truly do not understand what the big beef against Empress is about. Their boots are top quality (sound & packaging) and there is little more that can be expected. Yes, they are expensive, and perhaps that's where all this anger comes from, i don't know - not everyone has St-Valentine's Massacre and this set is a great way to have 2 amazing shows.

Perhaps i'm just your average listener, but it's not as if these releases were produced to be listened to on the latest Dynaudio speakers plugged in with gold platted cables.

Take a chill pill.

Enjoy the roughness.

Be a man.

L.

amen!

Take a chill pill.

Enjoy the roughness.

Be a man.

L.

I don't see much anger toward EVSD here...most of the ire is related directly to their mastering, or perhaps the equipment they use to transfer the SBD tapes -- the latest 'board is overloaded to hell on that first disc...

I listened to the Sick Agains from all the '75 boards available and this SBD is definitely of a lower sound quality than all the others from this tour.

Higher generation, maybe?

(Not that we can really determine with any certainty the generational lineage of any of the other '75 SBDS, mind ya...)

It's all speculation -- some people claim the issue is with the tapes they use, some with their mastering, some with the manner with which they transfer their tapes...I'll take a bit of overload over subterfuge any day.

Higher generation, maybe?

(Not that we can really determine with any certainty the generational lineage of any of the other '75 SBDS, mind ya...)

It's all speculation -- some people claim the issue is with the tapes they use, some with their mastering, some with the manner with which they transfer their tapes...I'll take a bit of overload over subterfuge any day.

I guess it's worthy to note I was listening to the dadgad version of 1975/02/13.

he did a pretty good job of 1975/03/20. I just wish he had replaced the first 1:16 of Rock and Roll with the aud tape.

Dadgad's offerings are hit-and-miss with me. His "remaster" of this SBD was a miss, at least to me.

Subterfuge?! Innaresting use of terminology...

Not that anything like subterfuge ever takes place in the Zeppelin trading community...gawd forbid :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived