Best of Page and Plant 1995-8 tour on video?

kayley10

I wonder why nothing has been officially released? I much preferred the 98' tour to the 95' simply because I thought Jimmy was performing at what I would call his second peak. I could not believe the shit he did on that tour, completely blew me away. His Tea for One was fantastic!

+1

I wonder why nothing has been officially released? I much preferred the 98' tour to the 95' simply because I thought Jimmy was performing at what I would call his second peak. I could not believe the shit he did on that tour, completely blew me away. His Tea for One was fantastic!

The '95 tour is among the most bootlegged of all time. Even so they probably could have released one of the Autumn '95 California shows but it would have competed against the dvd release of 'Unledded', which the record label would not have wanted.

The '98 tour was in support of a commercially disappointing album.

The '95 tour is among the most bootlegged of all time. Even so they probably could have released one of the Autumn '95 California shows but it would have competed against the dvd release of 'Unledded', which the record label would not have wanted.

The '98 tour was in support of a commercially disappointing album.

If that was indeed the logic (about the 98' tour at least) it is a shame. Sure, the album was disappointing I must admit but even before it came out I kinda knew it would be, they just had too much of a shadow to overcome and the overall production sure did not help.

The tour itself though was a separate animal, so what if the album was not awesome, the tour sold out and the shows were amazing. For once I wish they would have taken a page from the Gene Simmons Playbook...whatever it is, sell it, the money is there. Not that I believe in that approach but if it gives us access to this material I am for it!

Tea For One was a part of the 95/96 tour, played on the Japan shows in 1996.

No, they only played it in Japan 1996. Thats were they goofed it up a couple times, nailed it a few times.

I checked those out on YouTube and nowhere did Page screw it up in any performance that I could tell. As Matjaz1 said above, I only noticed where the band and the orchestra were "off" a couple of times and I don't really consider those screw ups but some have higher standards I guess. To me it's rock and roll, if someone wants perfection listen to classical where every note is perfect and always sounds boringly exactly the same.

I told my daughter the other day when she asked me the difference between classical and rock: Rock is so popular because of it's simplicity and looseness, it has become the soundtrack to modern life. Classical on the other hand cannot ever be the soundtrack to life because of it's very structure, no one loses their virginity in the back of a Buick at 17 to The Magic Flute (get it???), they lose it to the Stones, Zeppelin, or Mazzy Star.

There is this from 1998: http://www.amazon.com/The-Paris-Concert-Amnesty-International/dp/B00004Y7HF

Also, wasn't the Shepherd's Bush Empire show from 1998 released on home video, or is that my imagination? I have a dvd of it somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered a version of the Irvine Meadows show on DVD from amazon today. $8 plus shipping. I have Japan shows on VCR tapes but I need to get them transferred to DVD. Plus I also have the Orlando '95 and both Chicago '95 shows we attended - on VCR tapes also. Good quality and they all captured the shows well.

• 8 months later...

I would kill for an official release of the video for 1996/02/29. I can't see any P&P stuff getting released any time soon, due to lack of demand from anyone outside of people who've seen their shows or the diehards who hang around here, but it's a real shame because most of those shows are great.

Edited by Sue Dounim

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...

As we are in the first week of May I'm reminded that 26 years ago I was just getting ready to see Page & Plant on the Unledded tour on their Phoenix and Las Vegas dates. What unforgettable concerts they were! How time flies, 26 years gone... I would still welcome a live DVD of one of the dates,  or a compilation. One can dream!

Edited by luvlz2

I can well imagine how much excitement would be generated when the announcement appeared tha5 Page & Plant and company would be appearing at a small venue or club.  Perfect way to see these two up close and personal.

ADK-Zeppy

Edited by ADK-Zeppy

On 5/9/2021 at 11:01 AM, ADK-Zeppy said:

I can well imagine how much excitement would be generated when the announcement appeared tha5 Page & Plant and company would be appearing at a small venue or club.  Perfect way to see these two up close and personal.

ADK-Zeppy

Indeed. I saw them at Buxton Opera House (UK) in 1994. They were outstanding. Here is the opener:

• 2 years later...