Know any band member alias' ?

yoosrid

• 1 month later...
One show I saw in 2005, some girl in the audience had a bunch of lemons she was hoping to toss on stage :blink: I thought, you're gonna try to hurl those up at him :o Okay :rolleyes:

I've never heard the spud reference either.

Someone wanted to hurl lemons at (or near) Robert?! Oh good grief...

On another note, are we sure his nickname is "Spud" and not "Stud"? :hysterical:

:D Sorry everyone, I couldn't resist! :lol:

Someone wanted to hurl lemons at (or near) Robert?! Oh good grief...

On another note, are we sure his nickname is "Spud" and not "Stud"? :hysterical:

:D Sorry everyone, I couldn't resist! :lol:

Yes she did. I guess she thought he'd be quite taken with that original idea :wacko:

Stud...:lol:

One time we got a parcel in the mail for a "Myk Rotch." We didn't understand it because we don't have a resident named that in this hall. I said it about 20 times before I finally realized what I was saying. The genius of this moment has always made me want to check into a hotel under that alias.

I'm really immature just imagining somebody from the hotel calling and saying, "Hello, I have some messages for Myk Rotch."

This is totally off topic haha, but if the guys ever read this, do it!

• 1 year later...

I remember reading somewhere that Jimmy used to check into hotels under the alias, "Jimmy McGregor". This had something to do with an old Aleister Crowely alias, the "Chevalier McGregor". I just looked it up and Chevalier means Chivalry or Knight.

I also remember reading that Jimmy Page and Roy Harper used the name the "McGregors" when they played a couple of low-key gigs in the early 1980's.

Who this "McGregor" was, I have not a clue. Anybody know anything about this?

I remember reading somewhere that Jimmy used to check into hotels under the alias, "Jimmy McGregor". This had something to do with an old Aleister Crowely alias, the "Chevalier McGregor". I just looked it up and Chevalier means Chivalry or Knight.

I also remember reading that Jimmy Page and Roy Harper used the name the "McGregors" when they played a couple of low-key gigs in the early 1980's.

Who this "McGregor" was, I have not a clue. Anybody know anything about this?

Jimmy registered as "James MacGregor" when checking into the Sunset Marquis in Los Angeles on Dec 4, 1983.

He was on the ARMS Benefit Tour at the time.

When Jimmy and Paul, - soon joined by Tony Franklin and then Chris Slade - began group rehearsals at Nomis Studio in London in Sep/Oct '84 Jimmy had them booked in as The MacGregors.

Samuel Liddell "MacGregor" Mathers, born as Samuel Liddell (January 8 or 11, 1854 – November 5 or 20, 1918), was one of the most influential figures in modern Occultism. He is one of the founders of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, a ceremonial magic order:

http://www.golden-dawn.eu/home.aspx

Jimmy registered as "James MacGregor" when checking into the Sunset Marquis in Los Angeles on Dec 4, 1983.

He was on the ARMS Benefit Tour at the time.

When Jimmy and Paul, - soon joined by Tony Franklin and then Chris Slade - began group rehearsals at Nomis Studio in London in Sep/Oct '84 Jimmy had them booked in as The MacGregors.

Samuel Liddell "MacGregor" Mathers, born as Samuel Liddell (January 8 or 11, 1854 – November 5 or 20, 1918), was one of the most influential figures in modern Occultism. He is one of the founders of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, a ceremonial magic order:

http://www.golden-dawn.eu/home.aspx

Yes. Thank You, Mr. Jones. I may have gotten the name wrong (Jimmy McGregor) as opposed to "James MacGregor", but I know (knew) that my post was fairly accurate.

Let me ask you this: Why would, in your opinion, Jimmy Page use the alias, "James MacGregor"? Do you think that it did have something to do with Mr. Crowley or Samuel Liddell? If so, what would be your guess? By the way Jimmy Page's birthday is January 9, 1944.

Yes. Thank You, Mr. Jones. I may have gotten the name wrong (Jimmy McGregor) as opposed to "James MacGregor", but I know (knew) that my post was fairly accurate.

Let me ask you this: Why would, in your opinion, Jimmy Page use the alias, "James MacGregor"? Do you think that it did have something to do with Mr. Crowley or Samuel Liddell? If so, what would be your guess? By the way Jimmy Page's birthday is January 9, 1944.

Just give it way. I see. Well, the thing is Samuel Liddell MacGregor Mathers went by the name of MacGregor Mathers. Aleister Crowley joined the London temple of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn in November of 1898 and advanced through the grades quickly. In 1900, he applied to the Second Order and was denied. Mathers, who was living in France at the time, was furious because he was being denied due to his sexual practices. Mathers felt the Order should never interfere in someone's personal life or religion. Thus, Mathers invited Crowley to come to Paris and receive his 5=6 initiation. This was the straw that broke the camels back in regards to the revolting Adepti in London.

Crowley remained in the service of Mathers through the first part of the revolt. Crowley, however, soon saw that the revolt would provide him with the chance to exalt himself and he soon set against both the Order and Mathers. To see this through his own eyes here is a quote from Crowley's history lecture; Liber LXI Vel Causae A:. A:. "In 1900 one P., a brother, [Crowley, "Perdurabo"] instituted a rigorous test of S.R.M.D. [Mathers] on one side and the Order on the other. He discovered that S.R.M.D., though a scholar of some ability and a magician of remarkable powers, had never attained complete initiation, and further, had fallen from his original place, he having imprudently attracted to himself forces of evil too great and terrible for him to withstand. The claim of the Order that the true Adepts were in charge of it was definitely disproved. In the Order, with two certain exceptions and two doubtful ones, he found no persons prepared for initiation of any sort. He thereupon by his subtle wisdom destroyed both the Order and its Chief."

Of course, the above statement by Crowley is not true at all. Both Mathers and the Order long survived Crowley's defection from the Order. As a matter of truth, the Order is larger and stronger today in a variety of forms and Temples than it ever was.

After leaving the Golden Dawn and receiving his Liber Al-Vel-Legis (The Book of the Law) in Cairo in 1904 , Crowley wrote many magical works and had a direct influence on two other organizations: the A:. A:. and the O.T.O. (Ordo Templi Orientis).

Although both of these organizations serve a sincere part of the esoteric community, neither should in any way be compared to classical Golden Dawn Orders.

The O.T.O. was formed in 1895 by Karl Kellner and pracitices Masonic rites of sorts and also arts as a vehicle for teaching tantric based sex magic. In 1922, Crowley assumed the position of outer head of the Order or (OHO). He then began to overhaul the O.T.O. to conform to his "Book of the Law" and to the new Aeon of Horus.

Crowley's beliefs can be found in his numerous works. They will fill the bookshelves of most Thelemites (Believers in the Book of the Law). Crowley also chose to publish what some thought was the body of Golden Dawn and Second Order information in his publication called the Equinox. There were court trials, injunctions etc. In time, the material became public. If he had access to the vast body of Second Order material that remained out of his hands, he probably would have published it as well.

From circa 1974 until 1979, Jimmy Page owned an occult book shop in Kensington, The Equinox. I may post more about that in the Zeppelin Mysteries thread, if I haven't already done so.

Just give it way. I see. Well, the thing is Samuel Liddell MacGregor Mathers went by the name of MacGregor Mathers. Aleister Crowley joined the London temple of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn in November of 1898 and advanced through the grades quickly. In 1900, he applied to the Second Order and was denied. Mathers, who was living in France at the time, was furious because he was being denied due to his sexual practices. Mathers felt the Order should never interfere in someone's personal life or religion. Thus, Mathers invited Crowley to come to Paris and receive his 5=6 initiation. This was the straw that broke the camels back in regards to the revolting Adepti in London.

Crowley remained in the service of Mathers through the first part of the revolt. Crowley, however, soon saw that the revolt would provide him with the chance to exalt himself and he soon set against both the Order and Mathers. To see this through his own eyes here is a quote from Crowley's history lecture; Liber LXI Vel Causae A:. A:. "In 1900 one P., a brother, [Crowley, "Perdurabo"] instituted a rigorous test of S.R.M.D. [Mathers] on one side and the Order on the other. He discovered that S.R.M.D., though a scholar of some ability and a magician of remarkable powers, had never attained complete initiation, and further, had fallen from his original place, he having imprudently attracted to himself forces of evil too great and terrible for him to withstand. The claim of the Order that the true Adepts were in charge of it was definitely disproved. In the Order, with two certain exceptions and two doubtful ones, he found no persons prepared for initiation of any sort. He thereupon by his subtle wisdom destroyed both the Order and its Chief."

Of course, the above statement by Crowley is not true at all. Both Mathers and the Order long survived Crowley's defection from the Order. As a matter of truth, the Order is larger and stronger today in a variety of forms and Temples than it ever was.

After leaving the Golden Dawn and receiving his Liber Al-Vel-Legis (The Book of the Law) in Cairo in 1904 , Crowley wrote many magical works and had a direct influence on two other organizations: the A:. A:. and the O.T.O. (Ordo Templi Orientis).

Although both of these organizations serve a sincere part of the esoteric community, neither should in any way be compared to classical Golden Dawn Orders.

The O.T.O. was formed in 1895 by Karl Kellner and pracitices Masonic rites of sorts and also arts as a vehicle for teaching tantric based sex magic. In 1922, Crowley assumed the position of outer head of the Order or (OHO). He then began to overhaul the O.T.O. to conform to his "Book of the Law" and to the new Aeon of Horus.

Crowley's beliefs can be found in his numerous works. They will fill the bookshelves of most Thelemites (Believers in the Book of the Law). Crowley also chose to publish what some thought was the body of Golden Dawn and Second Order information in his publication called the Equinox. There were court trials, injunctions etc. In time, the material became public. If he had access to the vast body of Second Order material that remained out of his hands, he probably would have published it as well.

From circa 1974 until 1979, Jimmy Page owned an occult book shop in Kensington, The Equinox. I may post more about that in the Zeppelin Mysteries thread, if I haven't already done so.

Okay, Cool. I read every sentence you just wrote above. Very interesting and intriguing. However, and I do not mean to sound condescending or naive, but how does all this relate to Mr. Jimmy Page? I am sure you could go on forever, but what does all this mean in relation to Jimmy Page and/or Led Zeppelin. In my opinion, it seems that you are subtley hinting that Jimmy Page is or was somewhat fascinated and or caught up in all this "intrigue".

Okay, Cool. I read every sentence you just wrote above. Very interesting and intriguing. However, and I do not mean to sound condescending or naive, but how does all this relate to Mr. Jimmy Page? I am sure you could go on forever, but what does all this mean in relation to Jimmy Page and/or Led Zeppelin. In my opinion, it seems that you are subtley hinting that Jimmy Page is or was somewhat fascinated and or caught up in all this "intrigue".

You routinely ask questions on this forum and then completely fail to comprehend the answer. How does it relate? I can't spell it out anymore than I already did. I even used bold print to help you on your journey. Do you really fail to see the connection here? Did you not know Jimmy is a Thelemite?

Don't even bother to answer, because your the same person who also received answers to this four weeks ago and you still don't get it:

lzzoso Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:16 AM

What was Jimmy Page's and/or Led Zeppelin's relation to or involvement with Aleister Crowley? The man who called himself, "the Great Beast 666". It seems there has to be something considering all the "documented evidence" that has been written about Led Zeppelin and Mr. Crowley.

Any facts, hearsay, or opinions?

You routinely ask questions on this forum and then completely fail to comprehend the answer. How does it relate? I can't spell it out anymore than I already did. I even used bold print to help you on your journey. Do you really fail to see the connection here? Did you not know Jimmy is a Thelemite? Don't even answer.

Again, let me say that I am and always have been curious about the other side of Jimmy Page and or/Led Zeppelin. Beyond the Music we all know and LOVE. I am obviously not as "knowledgable" as some of you. To be perfectly honest with all of you, I do not know what a "Thelemite" is. I consider myself to an "Agnostic". ANY and ALL kinds of religion means nothing to me. Sorry, that is just the way I feel. Catholicism, Judiaism, Muslim, Hinduism, Satanism, etc.. Means absolutely nothing to me. If I had to choose a religion it would be and is the musical religion of Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin's Music. And what I mean by that is that I consider Led Zeppelin's music more spiritual than any religion that is taught and preached every Sunday morning.

Even though I have started topics about Led Zeppelin and Drugs, Aleister Crowley, Backstage antics, etc... it seems a majority of You take offense to such subjects or topics. Why? These things seem to have happened. Some of You have good or decent replies. Others are just so "offended" it actually makes me laugh.

Archived