The Ask and Answer Thread

MS1

I cannot say that this peson was the weirdest person I'd ever met, but he was definately among the top ones. (I worked in a grocery store for more than 8 years--five years at the same one as the night manager, I saw a LOT of strange people.)

This guy we called "Beck's Dad." I'm sure he had OCD. He looked like Beck in 50+ years. He would come in around 11:15 every night, and he would carefully select his purchases. He always bought a bar of soap (every night), a few cans of soda, a few candy bars, and any trash tabloid at the checkstand, whether he had read/bought them before. He always wanted his groceries in a double paper bag. He shopped there regularly, and once I started to work more days, I didn't see him as often. I worked a few nights a week, so I saw him every once in a while, and of course, he remembered my name and treated me like an old friend (he was a very nice man, but strange). I remember the last time I saw him--I though he had aged significantly.

Once, I saw him stand on the street, waiting for cars to go by to cross the street for over 45 minutes. There were plenty of chances for him to cross, he just didn't go.

In a fiction writing class, I started a short story about him that I don't think I ever finished. It wasn't very good.

What is something that someone you love does (unintentionally--part of who they are) that drives you nuts?

fascinating story, fascinating man...I wonder what caused him to be like this...

My sister...she's thirteen (do I need to say more?). SHe's my best friend and the closest person in the world...but her teenie ways are funny.

What's the most embarrasing thing you ever bought?

I'd have to say regretting something you haven't done. ;)

What's the biggest waste of time in the world in your opinion?

Fighting of any kind (on a small scale) and wars (on a larger scale). In my daily life, although i don't have to do too often since i no longer work day shift, sitting in traffic.

What is this world coming to???

I can't answer that, but I must say that I always wondered if someone shot the deputy, or if he was just saying, "hey, at least I didn't shoot the deputy, too!"

What is something you're looking forward to this weekend?

Not me. I do have corned beef, cabbage and red potatoes all ready to be thrown into the crock pot in the morning!

I may buy a 6-pack of Guinness.

What was something good that happened to you today?

I had a great white coconut donut at Tim Hortons today. That's about it.

What's the next big concert coming to your town?

Sure...many big bands will appear (not Zeppelin...I have no more hopes)...they will get there with their private jets, play the usual show, donate an amount of money they won't even feel in their purse, and return to their luxury life. Um, sorry, but I'm not into live 8...

Is the nature of human beings the good or the evil?

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know men actually DO that (all men I know are civilized enough to get themselves a glass from the cupboard right next to the fridge)...

If you had the chance to return to a certain moment of your past and change something, would you dare to? And which moment would that be?

I didn't know men actually DO that (all men I know are civilized enough to get themselves a glass from the cupboard right next to the fridge)...

If you had the chance to return to a certain moment of your past and change something, would you dare to? And which moment would that be?

Hell Yes! There are several moments in my past i would like to go back to if i could. I wish we could go back in time and do things over again. :( I would not have asked any girls out back in my teen years. I would have avoided a lot of rejection, heartache, bitterness,etc.

Have you ever seen a stranger more than bunch of times in diffrent areas of your city?? (I have and it's creeping me out.)

Yes. If I see that person enough, I usually just walk up to them and say, "Hey, what's your name? I see you out all the places I like to go, so you must be cool. I think we should know each other." But that's just me.

What SHOULD you be doing right now?

Archived