Led Zeppelin catalog to be on Spotify

For My Life

It doesn't make a huge difference to me as I own all the LZ catalog anyway, although I am a Spotify subscriber. I just hope that they take the trouble to name all the tracks properly when they're uploaded to Spotify. It's amazing how sloppy and inconsistent the record companies are sometimes. I've even seen spelling mistakes in the names of tracks and albums on Spotify, or the name of a band spelled two different ways!

Are these going to be versions we have atm or those that are/were remixed for upcoming box sets?!

"Remastered," not "remixed."

I'm asking a friend who has access to the service to compare with the Mastered for iTunes release from last year.

It is an online on demand music streaming service. For a monthly fee, users can listen to any of the songs within Spotify's catalog.

https://www.spotify.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotify

& they can download too & yes, all the credits & artist detail & the music itself is far from a priority.

yes, there has to be new tech & new music delivery methods as time goes on, but it MUST support existing music & nurture new music creation

life is not a free for all. orgs & mindsets like spotify, see it as such & make money (a LOT!) out of advertising.

did you enjoy the ads on your old vinyl LP? as you sat there and lost yourself in the music and artwork?

Arrgh ! This will take me a little time ... !

So

1) Led Zeppelin are on Spotify

2) Spotify is now on mobiles which is a promising feature

3) My neighbour has mastered listening to new music on Spotify and another friend also swears by it.

I have therefore finally signed up.

First thing is I get an awful cover version of The Ocean

Next, Trampled Underfoot - somehow sourced from my own collection on itunes (HOW?) ..

Well, onwards... I'd better make it work. Not going to bed till I've heard Dazed and Confused !

Okay, the first four albums are up and as I expected I have a minor gripe! The two tracks that contain brackets in their titles ('Hats Off To (Roy) Harper' and 'Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)') have been uploaded with square [ ] brackets in the titles instead of round ( ) brackets as they should be. Is it too much to ask for the record company to get this right?

Okay, the first four albums are up and as I expected I have a minor gripe! The two tracks that contain brackets in their titles ('Hats Off To (Roy) Harper' and 'Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)') have been uploaded with square [ ] brackets in the titles instead of round ( ) brackets as they should be. Is it too much to ask for the record company to get this right?

as long as they aren't dance remixes, its not that big of a deal man

Archived