POSSIBLE TOUR RUMORS/ANNOUNCENTS THREAD

madison

For what it's worth, your original post reads like YOU are the Master and Commander of

JPOL. Did you mean the source is (those) two members of JPOL? I wouldn't know as I'm only an active member on this, the official site.

Well let me clear it up for you so there is no confusion. Master and Commander are one and the same, and no, it is not me.

This coming from a self proclaimed Marcus Aurelius? :hysterical:

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, and loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. I can be seen only here within this, the official Led Zeppelin Coliseum, er Forum.

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, and loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. I can be seen only here within this, the official Led Zeppelin Coliseum, er Forum.

Ahhh, Maximus. Got it. Announcement tonight Maximus. Somewhere around 8pm EST.

The "people" will just have to wait until then.

Ahhh, Maximus. Got it. Announcement tonight Maximus. Somewhere around 8pm EST.

The "people" will just have to wait until then.

You can help me. Whatever comes out, we've got a better chance of survival if we work together. Do you understand? If we stay together we survive.

The preponderance of the evidence to support my position that the well is dry is simply overwhelming. You can hope othwerwise until the cows come home, it doesn't change

the rather unremarkable output of Page & Jones as songwriters since 1980. Robert Plant has proven to be inconsistent as a songwriter since then, with at least one lengthy bout of writer's block.

This is not to say they are incapable of writing new music. This is to say the new music they may write is quite likely to be unremarkable. There is a time element involved with writing and recording new music. We can debate if they have the necessary time and inclination to do so, but as I put it earlier, look at the 02 setlist and choose the four songs you'll sacrifice in favor of some "new songs". Odds are you wouldn't be so foolish, and neither would they.

I'll take the bet because I like jelly donuts. :)

Cool, then, you're on. For future reference, I like chocolate frosting with raspberry. :)

Oooh, bet I'm gonna get flamed for this, but... Plant was an inconsistent songwriter back in the day, too.

You have a point about them individually. And I'm going to ponder what four solo songs they could play together from each of their careers, that'll be fun anyway. My point is, they often seemed to bring out the best in each other when they worked together. That they played together and were vibrantly alive and kicking is evidence to the contrary of what you rightfully point out.

I can't help but to think of them writing material over the years and thinking...they'd might put something aside for a possible -zeppelin album?? Hey if it ever does happen, then it will have to be all the way around, them all wanting to do it. They have nothing to prove, they don't have to do it...but if it is some new music that they want to put out there to the world, then it would be great. I remember as a kid, being in the car with my parents and hearing -fool the the rain, a donna sommer song and a christopher cross song on the radio...or whatever it was. But my point is, -zeppelin didnt want to end... and they were an "album" band. Imo, they should just make a couple of more rock albums and then go and do solo stuff. They write music with chemistry....thats the key!!! just a few more records -led zeppelin....

That is such a good point! Can't say they were cut down in their prime, but they were hardly washed up, either.

Maybe that's why some of us are so wrapped up in the idea of them coming back together, it could be such a healing thing.

My point is, they often seemed to bring out the best in each other when they worked together. That they played together and were vibrantly alive and kicking is evidence to the contrary of what you rightfully point out.

I don't believe so. Evidence to the contrary of my point that the well is dry would be new, original and remarkable songs, of which there are none.

isn't it funny how when we try to have a single thread on touring that we tend to go off topic?

10 pages later, a newb isn't going to want to look through all the fluff to get to the answers they want.

From what I have seen, most newbs with a question don't bother reading existing posts

anyway, they just start a new, ambiguous, non sub-titled and misspelled thread.

Yes, but that album was written by relatively young lions licking their wounds. A stand against time, the elements, and chance. A new album 32 years later little more than roaring for the sake of roaring?

Still would be exactly that, don't you think? Maybe even more so. (Zeppelin purring puts most lion's roaring to shame, anyway.)

BTW, I love "City Don't Cry" and "Wonderful One." I would be happy as a horse in clover if Led Zeppelin played either one. I'd hope and assume they'd move them forward, too. Not unlike what Robert and Allison did with "Please Read the Letter."

isn't it funny how when we try to have a single thread on touring that we tend to go off topic?

10 pages later, a newb isn't going to want to look through all the fluff to get to the answers they want.

:lol:

Silly, impatient newbies... :D

Still would be exactly that, don't you think? Maybe even more so. (Zeppelin purring puts most lion's roaring to shame, anyway.)

BTW, I love "City Don't Cry" and "Wonderful One." I would be happy as a horse in clover if Led Zeppelin played either one. I'd hope and assume they'd move them forward, too. Not unlike what Robert and Allison did with "Please Read the Letter."

THAT is the risk of writing new music now: Zeppelin purring when they once roared.

IMHO, City Don't Cry and Wonderful One are wholly unremarkable songs. If Zep were

to perform them fine, but it would further prove my point that the well is dry.

About this phrase "happy as a horse in clover". I like it. Why not forward it to Jimmy

for consideration on the new Led Zeppelin album, "One Step Down". :)

Read below article from total guitar magazine in the UK for more speculation. The author - Nick Cracnell is a regular writer with the magazine.

Led Zep To Tour World AND Headline Glastonbury!

Reports are filtering in that Led Zeppelin are to headline the Glastonbury Festival next summer.

The legendary rock group — who played a sensational comeback concert at London's O2 arena earlier this month — will take to the stage for the world-famous musical extravaganza, in Somerset, England, before embarking on an 18-month world tour.

A source close to the band — Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and drummer Jason Bonham, who has replaced his late father John Bonham — said: "It will kick off at next year's Glastonbury after Robert has finished touring with American country star Alison Krauss."

Archived