POSSIBLE TOUR RUMORS/ANNOUNCENTS THREAD

madison

I'm really liked Zooma and Thunderthief....esp. the tunes he played live the few times he toured...very original sounding stuff

Those albums are ok and I loved the concerts too.

Let me frame my point differently. Take a look at the 02 setlist. Now, just for sake of an example, which songs do you drop for:

Ice Fishing At Night? (Jones)

Doo Doo A Do Do (Plant)

Domino? (Page)

Not nearly enough, unfortunately.

I do know that Robert was AWOL for a week of rehearsals, leaving only a short time for him to cram before the show, as he was busy promoting Raising Sand. That should tell you something about how little attention he was able to maintain for Zep.

I think the momentum was broken when Page broke his finger. Some of the most enthusiastic stuff from Robert (like the Rolling Stone piece) was said right before then. But there was a lull in rehearsals because of the fracture and Robert may have taken that as a sign to snap himself out of being so into it.

Time will tell.

If Peter Grant was present and with the boys as we are here today, what do think we could,or, could not be looking forward to?

here's a cover from Jimmy and Robert I found today on You Tube. I posted it under Pre/Post also but here ya go in case you don't go there.....

i know you were addressing some.one else........but I LOVE THIS ..how fun

thought of Buddy Holly t/y

-------------

PS

here's given' some JPJ some air time JPJ BRING THIS GUITAR ON THE (IF) TOUR!

get ready to get blown away. jpj is a freakin genius@!!!!!!!!!

<<<<this one made me cry it's so beautiful

There's nothing to wager as the well is dry.

Sez you.

By his own admission, Robert Plant had writer's block for several years (1998-2003).

Were it not for the Strange Sensation he may never have had another album of new

material. Even 'Raising Sand' is an album of covers, as was 'Dreamland'.

Has Jimmy Page written a single remarkable piece of music since November 1975?

John Paul Jones?

Don't know. Haven't heard what he's written lately, but Page is quoted as saying he's been writing new stuff in recent years, and he's as proud of it as anything he's ever done. For myself, I'm willing to wait and see, and I hope it's true. Are you arguing that he's incapable of writing good music?

Might Rearranger owes a lot to Plant's experience in Zeppelin (IMO), which means maybe he's getting back in touch with the more powerful of his muses.

Jones, well, again, I'm more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt based on appreciating his talent.

When Zep got together the first time all those years ago, it was the coming together that sparked the greatness, and the coming apart that ended it. They have an option to come back together again, now, and Jason seems to have the right energy and love for the music.

You seem unnecessarily negative about this. Bet you a jelly donut you're wrong about the well and the dog.

You seem unnecessarily negative about this. Bet you a jelly donut you're wrong about the well and the dog.

The preponderance of the evidence to support my position that the well is dry is simply overwhelming. You can hope othwerwise until the cows come home, it doesn't change

the rather unremarkable output of Page & Jones as songwriters since 1980. Robert Plant has proven to be inconsistent as a songwriter since then, with at least one lengthy bout of writer's block.

This is not to say they are incapable of writing new music. This is to say the new music they may write is quite likely to be unremarkable. There is a time element involved with writing and recording new music. We can debate if they have the necessary time and inclination to do so, but as I put it earlier, look at the 02 setlist and choose the four songs you'll sacrifice in favor of some "new songs". Odds are you wouldn't be so foolish, and neither would they.

I'll take the bet because I like jelly donuts. :)

Those albums are ok and I loved the concerts too.

Let me frame my point differently. Take a look at the 02 setlist. Now, just for sake of an example, which songs do you drop for:

Ice Fishing At Night? (Jones)

Doo Doo A Do Do (Plant)

Domino? (Page)

your joking right... try -zooma, calling to you or most high...don't think they would ever do that under -led zeppelin though. And yeah i agree with the point made by -plants -mighty rearranger album...definately getting back to some guitar,bass,drum heavy sounds in the recording studio on that one.

your joking right... try -zooma, calling to you or most high...don't think they would ever do that under -led zeppelin though. And yeah i agree with the point made by -plants -mighty rearranger album...definately getting back to some guitar,bass,drum heavy sounds in the recording studio on that one.

I, for one, will continue listening to my Page/Plant boots. That is the last of the best we will hear from those two for a very long time. Plant's Now and Zen tour, Page's Outrider tour and JPJ's last solo tour may be the best we ever hear(d) from them individually. I give Jonesy the best odds of putting out a another 'rocking' album and tour. He seems to have the most fire left in his musical soul.

I, for one, will continue listening to my Page/Plant boots. That is the last of the best we will hear from those two for a very long time. Plant's Now and Zen tour, Page's Outrider tour and JPJ's last solo tour may be the best we ever hear(d) from them individually. I give Jonesy the best odds of putting out a another 'rocking' album and tour. He seems to have the most fire left in his musical soul.

Remember the -page/plant shows are over ten yrs for -unledded and now ten yrs since -walking into clarksdale. With the 02 ahmet show, it just showcases -jpj as far as i'm concerned...and with his albums, especially -zooma...one can't help but to think of some music with page/jones/plant together. Plus they just played under the name -led zeppelin... still can't believe it, to type it.

.. still can't believe it, to type it.

Neither can this entire message board. I love the optimism a single reunion gig generates. I think each band member is too buried in his own solo work at this time to even explore the possibility of a tour. I guarantee the last thing RP wants to explore at this time is the 'merciless repitition' of a full blown Zep tour.

Neither can this entire message board. I love the optimism a single reunion gig generates. I think each band member is too buried in his own solo work at this time to even explore the possibility of a tour. I guarantee the last thing RP wants to explore at this time is the 'merciless repitition' of a full blown Zep tour.

I can't help but to think of them writing material over the years and thinking...they'd might put something aside for a possible -zeppelin album?? Hey if it ever does happen, then it will have to be all the way around, them all wanting to do it. They have nothing to prove, they don't have to do it...but if it is some new music that they want to put out there to the world, then it would be great. I remember as a kid, being in the car with my parents and hearing -fool the the rain, a donna sommer song and a christopher cross song on the radio...or whatever it was. But my point is, -zeppelin didnt want to end... and they were an "album" band. Imo, they should just make a couple of more rock albums and then go and do solo stuff. They write music with chemistry....thats the key!!! just a few more records -led zeppelin....

I can't help but to think of them writing material over the years and thinking...they'd might put something aside for a possible -zeppelin album?? Hey if it ever does happen, then it will have to be all the way around, them all wanting to do it. They have nothing to prove, they don't have to do it...but if it is some new music that they want to put out there to the world, then it would be great. I remember as a kid, being in the car with my parents and hearing -fool the the rain, a donna sommer song and a christopher cross song on the radio...or whatever it was. But my point is, -zeppelin didnt want to end... and they were an "album" band. Imo, they should just make a couple of more rock albums and then go and do solo stuff. They write music with chemistry....thats the key!!! just a few more records -led zeppelin....

But the question would be if they still have that chemistry to write together. Playing those songs live is one thing and yes, there was a great energy there from what I have seen/heard but they've all moved in such different directions, it's hard to say if they'd bring all that together to make something work. Or if they want to at this point.

But the question would be if they still have that chemistry to write together. Playing those songs live is one thing and yes, there was a great energy there from what I have seen/heard but they've all moved in such different directions, it's hard to say if they'd bring all that together to make something work. Or if they want to at this point.

From the partial song i saw w/page and michael lee at live 8 i think jimmy has got some good writing of music left and that was a long time ago now... plus some great guitar work in -the firm and outrider. I just can't think he has not been writing music all this time...c'mon.

IMO, at their age they don't have that kind of time. If they found the time the results would quite likely pale in comparison. "One Step Down" at record stores everywhere.

Again, are you joking...you have to be right. -page/plant 95 98....maybe they are saving some great writing with -jones w/the name -led zeppelin?

After the ahmet show anything is possible!!!

I just can't think he has not been writing music all this time...c'mon.

He's been raising his children and napping on the couch. Call it his Dakota Years, a joke which any self-respecting John Lennon fan will get.

The Firm: good job. Outrider: had it's moments. The point of contention is he has not written anything either equal to or more remarkable than that which was written and

recorded prior to November 1975 in Munich.

From the partial song i saw w/page and michael lee at live 8 i think jimmy has got some good writing of music left and that was a long time ago now... plus some great guitar work in -the firm and outrider. I just can't think he has not been writing music all this time...c'mon.

Oh I'm not saying Page hasn't been writing music and that what he's creating isn't or wouldn't be amazing, but you were talking all of them getting together as Zep to create something new as that band. My point was individually they've gone in very different directions and their interests/goals are different. Whether they could bring that together was what I was referring to.

Will disagree with you Steve on the age thing being an issue. Robert has more energy and creativity now at 59 than i've seen from him in years. Age is nothing. There are artists in their 80s still touring.

Again, are you joking...you have to be right. -page/plant 95 98....maybe they are saving some great writing with -jones w/the name -led zeppelin?

After the ahmet show anything is possible!!!

Yes, what about the caliber of songwriting (not performances!) demonstrated from 1995-1998: Yallah, Wonderful One, City Don't Cry, the WIC album. All unremarkable!

Which four Zep songs are you going to drop from the setlist for that?!

As a 29yr old who's only ever seen LZ on recorded performances (and who failed to score any O2 tickets as well) I'd just be happy to see them in concert, period. Well, the O2 lineup is as close to the 'real thing' as we're likely to get now, but still. Three original members plus the son of the fourth is rather better than the band that dares to call itself 'The Who' (ie Townsend, Daltrey, and whichever session men happen to be available). So, if there is any future LZ activity, I wouldn't care what they played, or if there was any new material - I'd just like to see them, and that'd be enough. They wouldn't need any new songs anyway, when everybody would be there to hear the material that is already so familiar from the albums.

He's been raising his children and napping on the couch. Call it his Dakota Years, a joke which any self-respecting John Lennon fan will get.

The Firm: good job. Outrider: had it's moments. The point of contention is he has not written anything either equal to or more remarkable than that which was written and

recorded prior to November 1975 in Munich.

What -presence... the funny thing is, i think -jimmy could still play like that on album again because that album seems like it is more about playing than writing. C'mon jimmy, no -led zep 2 pt 2, but some more -presence inspired stuff! woo hoo.

Will disagree with you Steve on the age thing being an issue. Robert has more energy and creativity now at 59 than i've seen from him in years. Age is nothing. There are artists in their 80s still touring.

Their age is a huge issue in regards to recording & touring. With age comes limitations,

responsibilities, baggage, the lot. Robert, for all his current success, does not tour even

half as much as he did throughout the 90s. He's recorded one album of original material

in the past eleven years. I'm not arguing, simply presenting a different point of view.

Oh I'm not saying Page hasn't been writing music and that what he's creating isn't or wouldn't be amazing, but you were talking all of them getting together as Zep to create something new as that band. My point was individually they've gone in very different directions and their interests/goals are different. Whether they could bring that together was what I was referring to.

C'mon -ninelives...the o2 show!! they werent playing that well, solidly, in 80. They could definately write new music together, and as i think i said before, only if they all wanted to.

What -presence... the funny thing is, i think -jimmy could still play like that on album again because that album seems like it is more about playing than writing. C'mon jimmy, no -led zep 2 pt 2, but some more -presence inspired stuff! woo hoo.

Yes, but that album was written by relatively young lions licking their wounds. A stand against time, the elements, and chance. A new album 32 years later little more than roaring for the sake of roaring?

Archived