POSSIBLE TOUR RUMORS/ANNOUNCENTS THREAD

madison

Hear hear,i was there,and ive played 3 dif sourced boots on rotation since and was doubly happy for Jason.I agree with the comment bout a back to basics approach a la the 80 tour,they stripped it down to its essence and I for one was glad we had 16 songs rather than 12 or whatever had No Quarter,Dazed and WLL stretched out.It wasnt a night for that and maybe a tour enviroment would allow them to extemporise in the future,tho' I fear not,if they do tour it wont be a long enough to allow the band to experiment.Also they wanted to get it bang on on the night,no fuck ups as in the past...and they delivered royally.

No Jason isnt Neil Peart or Grohl or whoever and neither was his dad...but if they do tour it'll be him behind the drums and no one else.

I didn't want to argue about anything. Seriously, and I don't mean to be rude/xenophobic/racist here, but the fact you cant understand a simple point and your awful punctuation is that an American trait?

Your missing a comma in there!

Nothing better when some new user comes on here spouting nothing but pure opinion, labeling it fact, then chastising people who contradict him and write crap like "I thought it might have an informed, adult and reasonably intelligent community" after saying pure bullshit one post earlier saying "I don't mean to be rude/xenophobic/racist here, but the fact you cant understand a simple point and your awful punctuation is that an American trait?". Nice, nil. Or is it Zero? Or which guise are you planning on using next after you get banned again?

Frankly, if you think Jason Bonham was only a nostalgic choice, YOU are deluded. In interviews leading up to the gig, all three members cited Jason's "encyclopedic knowledge" of the LIVE Zeppelin catalog for the reason this was going off so well. They said HE was the one who remembered how to segue between songs and passages. Plant went so far as to say Jason was the reason it was exciting and working.

Why don't YOU read a little bit before you make your assnine assumptions, nil. The FACT is Plant/Page/Jones had their choice of any drummer in the world because of they are LED FUCKING ZEPPELIN (to borrow from Grohl).

They chose Jason Bonham.

Not Dave Grohl. Not Michael Lee. Not Neil Peart. Not Ginger Baker.

And it was their decision. Not yours. Grow up, lil child.

Oh, and I'm not only a proud American, but one who can use proper punctuation perfectly, prick. And I am not afraid to use consonance to counter your assholenance.

Thank you for posting that, I think you speak for all of us :thumbsup:

I was at the O2 show, and have listened to the bootleg countless times since, and I dont think ANYONE could've done a better job than Jason did on the night. There was also real chemistry between himself and Page/Jones, and I must say that the version of Trampled Underfoot is one of the funkiest i've ever heard, and he really contributed to that IMO.

if they do tour, then the occupant of the drum stool is a no brainer, surely. Jason is the man in possession, and it needs to stay that way! :D

Thank you for posting that, I think you speak for all of us :thumbsup:

I was at the O2 show, and have listened to the bootleg countless times since, and I dont think ANYONE could've done a better job than Jason did on the night. There was also real chemistry between himself and Page/Jones, and I must say that the version of Trampled Underfoot is one of the funkiest i've ever heard, and he really contributed to that IMO.

if they do tour, then the occupant of the drum stool is a no brainer, surely. Jason is the man in possession, and it needs to stay that way! :D

yes, i agree & from the sounds of this quote from Solar's post says it all right from source (the band)

"all three members cited Jason's "encyclopedic knowledge" of the LIVE Zeppelin catalog for the reason this was going off so well. They said HE was the one who remembered how to segue between songs and passages. Plant went so far as to say Jason was the reason it was exciting and working."

now just hoping to see something like "they will tour maybe not starting until late summer of 2008 into 2009 but at least they will tour! :)"

hopefully not limited to a bunch of shows at MSG. It seems like that sometimes the only place in the US is MSG. sorry to sound greedy (which was another topic/thread) ....However, by the end of the show on 12.10 the band seemed like they had a great time and their relationship (as a band) renewed to plug away on a nice long 18 mo. thing... now their people just have to figure out all the logistics and that's not easy!

I think your missing the point. It isn't about the best drummer available for a Zep tour,

it's about who is the RIGHT drummer. Jason is the right drummer.

Agreed!! It is the right drummer who generates the right chemistry. Maybe we have "better" drummers to pick from (if it were, as some seem to think, up to us) but are those drummers the right drummers??? I think not. Plain and simple, Jason is the man for the job if it is to be Led Zeppelin, or at least as close to Led Zeppelin as some of us may ever see.

I only hope (and pray to the gods of rock n roll) that we do have a fascimile of a tour. I don't think an all out tour is possible, but I'm not giving up hope on at least a few dates, hopefully some here in the states. I will hold this hope until Mssrs. Page, Plant and Jones tell me they absolutely refuse to come out and play. I'll also hope and pray to those same gods that if we get a few dates here that they are stadium/venues and NOT festivals. I'm getting too old for the festival scene and I would think that those of their core fans (at least the ones who will be able to afford the tickets) may feel the same way. Not that I wouldn't do the festival if it were my only choice, but I'm hoping that's not the route they take.

Now, quit fighting about who's the better drummer 'cause no one will ever win that one. :D

I didn't want to argue about anything. Seriously, and I don't mean to be rude/xenophobic/racist here, but the fact you cant understand a simple point and your awful punctuation is that an American trait?

Don't answer that, you'll start harping on about auditions and grooming or something as if that was something I was talking about.

Whoa. Sorry you didnt get anything i was trying to say, was heading out the door and responding quickly. This is why i didnt bother with the dave grohl threads. The drummer for the ahmet o2 show was jason bonham, respect -page/plant/jones opinions then.

As for personal insults... f--k you.

Whoa. Sorry you didnt get anything i was trying to say, was heading out the door and responding quickly. This is why i didnt bother with the dave grohl threads. The drummer for the ahmet o2 show was jason bonham, respect -page/plant/jones opinions then.

As for personal insults... f--k you.

There's no point in getting wound up by that guy. I think he's making a lot of ppl's "ignore" lists these days! :lol:

how come the boner-roo rumours won't go away?

I don't think it's a question of rumours from multiple sources; it's more lazy journalism. There are so many entertainment websites along with tabloids like the Sun & Mirror here in the UK that will happily regurgitate these stories as their own, weeks after they first surfaced. And it's always 'a source close to the band' - which probably means some bloke he met in a pub.

Take the Millennium Stadium rumour. That started as a quote by the people who run the stadium just mentioning that they have approached Harvey Goldsmith, either before or just after the O2 gig, to see if Zeppelin would tour, and if so could they play in Cardiff. The next thing you know it's doing the rounds as 'Zeppelin set to play Millennium Stadium'.

I don't think it's a question of rumours from multiple sources; it's more lazy journalism. There are so many entertainment websites along with tabloids like the Sun & Mirror here in the UK that will happily regurgitate these stories as their own, weeks after they first surfaced. And it's always 'a source close to the band' - which probably means some bloke he met in a pub.

Take the Millennium Stadium rumour. That started as a quote by the people who run the stadium just mentioning that they have approached Harvey Goldsmith, either before or just after the O2 gig, to see if Zeppelin would tour, and if so could they play in Cardiff. The next thing you know it's doing the rounds as 'Zeppelin set to play Millennium Stadium'.

I believe the source they talked to for the Millennium Stadium rumor came about because the manager of the venue is a close friend of JPJ's.

It is multiple sources being reported and not lazy journalism. Rather, it is the concert promotors and venue management around the world creating this buzz. They are the ones who are spreading these "almost close" and "going to tour" rumors because they want/need the business that a Led Zeppelin would bring to the concert industry. Most reputable news outlets are not reporting this as fact. PR and industry papers, which have minimal accountability for anything they print, are the ones propagating this. Blogs pick up on it and the old childhood game of "telephone" starts.

what will be the stages of the tour of led zeppelin? (i mean what cities?) I can't find it anywhere and someone told me it is public. pls help, ty

Dude, read a little. There are 15 pages here discussion how IT IS ALL RUMORS!!!!

REPEAT:

THERE IS NO TOUR PLANNED. THERE HAS BEEN NO OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT OF ANY MORE LED ZEPPELIN SHOWS.

Archived