POSSIBLE TOUR RUMORS/ANNOUNCENTS THREAD

madison

Associated Press gets it wrong!!

Associated Press Link

Led Zeppelin Heads Bonnaroo Lineup

12 hours ago

NEW YORK (AP) — The reunited Led Zeppelin will headline the 2008 Bonnaroo Arts and Music Festival, concert organizers announced Wednesday.

Led Zeppelin, who reconvened for a single December concert in London, had for months been rumored to be heading to Bonnaroo, which will be held Jun 13-15 on a 700-acre farm in Manchester, Tenn.

Confirmation of Led Zeppelin's Bonnaroo performance was sure to stoke further speculation on a possible reunion tour. Last week, guitarist Jimmy Page said he was eager to tour with singer Robert Plant and bassist-keyboardist John Paul Jones. (Jason Bonham, son of late drummer John Bonham, has joined on drums.)

Plant will also perform at Bonnaroo with bluegrass star Alison Krauss, with whom he made the hit duet album, "Raising Sand." Led Zeppelin recently released "Mothership," a two-disc compilation.

Also scheduled to perform are Metallica, Pearl Jam, Jack Johnson, Kanye West, My Morning Jacket, Willie Nelson, B.B. King, Phil Lesh and Friends, Sigur Ros, the Raconteurs, Against Me! and Death Cab for Cutie.

A lineup of comedians performing in the festival's "Comedy Tent" will include Zach Galifianakis, David Cross, Janeane Garofalo, Jim Norton, Mike Birbiglia and Brian Posehn.

Tickets to the seventh annual festival go on sale Feb. 16. More acts will be announced later, with an expected total of over 100 bands.

Here is the deal.!! Ah, but a closer look at the press release reveals that it's Lez Zeppelin, the all-female Zep tribute band, not Led Zeppelin!! UH!!!!!!

Link

Zeppelin booked to play Bonnaroo! (Well, sorta...)

Feb 6, 2008, 12:00 AM | by Gary Susman

Categories: Music

Woo-hoo! "ZEPPELIN CONFIRMED," according to the press release announcing this year's Bonnaroo lineup. Makes sense that the long-rumored reunion tour might start at the June 12-15 music festival, especially since unlikely-but-terrific duet team Robert Plant and Alison Krauss (pictured) are already booked. Ah, but a closer look at the press release reveals that it's Lez Zeppelin, the all-female Zep tribute band, not Led Zeppelin, that's confirmed to perform in Manchester, Tenn. D'oh!

Still, looks like there's something to please everyone in this year's Bonnaroo lineup, from Kanye West to Pearl Jam, from Death Cab to Vampire Weekend, from Willie Nelson to B.B. King, from Metallica to Sigur Ros. There's also a comedy tent, with Janeane Garofalo, Zach Galifianakis, and a nightly talk show hosted by the much-easier-to-spell David Cross. Tix go on sale Saturday exclusively at the Bonnaroo website.

So, how many of you are going? Who are you most looking forward to seeing? Think that, as long as Plant's there, the real Led Zeppelin might show up anyway? Does anybody remember laughter?

ditto your and tedvance posts! presale privilege :)

I'm saving for this one hopefully to make a couple concerts stateside. that's exciting that you are planning a trip to England. very cool

Yeah, I'm trying to convince several friends to join me. Sounds like it could be a real adventure. Kind of a reverse from the grandparents' original trip here.

Been away from this forum for a while.

There seems to have been a lot of exciting info posted but in a nutshell it looks like quite a wait before any definite tour is announced.

Oh well I think Lep fans are used to waiting.

John

Well folks, I dont know how you are going to interpret Roberts words tonight, but it sure sounds like we will see Led Zeppelin again!!!

I hope he's not playing Lion and mice with us. LOL. <_<

Seriously though, I understood the "second coming" statement as you did. We can hope.

Zeppelin Show Bid

02/19/2008

(Metal Underground) According to James McCarthy from Wales On Sunday, Millennium Stadium bosses are making an audacious bid to bring rock gods LED ZEPPELIN to Wales. They are in talks with promoter Harvey Goldsmith amid rumours that the supergroup are planning a world tour in October.

WRU spokesman John Williams said: "They are represented by Harvey Goldsmith, who is bringing BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN to the stadium.

"We are talking to Harvey about what else he could possibly bring and Led Zeppelin has come up in conversation. There is no deal but we are asking and he is listening. We are at an early stage."

- more on this story

Click here to read today's full report

An old 'non-story' that first saw the light of day in the immediate aftermath of the O2 gig. Yes, the Millennium Stadium management team appeared to have approached Harvey Goldsmith. One slight fly in the ointment is the fact that Zeppelin aren't touring...

Today, local rock radio in Dallas, on 93.3 FM The Bone, on the afternoon show, at 4pm, said, referring to Led Zeppelin:

"We were supposed to get tour information last week....Maybe we'll get the information by the end of this week...."

Who knows what that's all about.... Is it "ratings month" ? ?

Anyways... I'm just relaying what they said.

• 1 month later...

Well lI just got another Yahoo alert saying that Zeppelin are considering a tour. the rumour mill continues on. I am a believer. So if they do it, what cities do you think they will hit? I think it would have to me indoor venues based on the timing. I am hoping Buffalo hits the list.

By WENN world entertainment news - Sunday, March 30 11:20 amLed Zeppelin's founders are again hinting about a full reunion tour, admitting the one-off London show the supergroup played in December left them wanting more.

(Advertisement)

The existing members of the Stairway To Heaven rockers reformed last year to pay tribute to late music mogul Ahmet Ertegun at a London benefit, and fans have been desperate for more dates ever since.

But, despite three months of speculation and rumours, nothing has been confirmed.

Now, frontman Plant insists more shows could come.

He tells Britain's Uncut magazine, "Hopefully, one day, we could do it again."

And the group's bassist, John Paul Jones, adds he and guitarist Jimmy Page agree: "We spoke afterwards, and we both thought the same - it felt like the first night of a tour.

"You think, 'Oh, I could do that a bit better, or change something in that song.' And we didn't get a chance to do any more."

Email StoryIM StoryPrintable ViewBlog This Recommend this article

Average (3 votes)

Today, local rock radio in Dallas, on 93.3 FM The Bone, on the afternoon show, at 4pm, said, referring to Led Zeppelin:

"We were supposed to get tour information last week....Maybe we'll get the information by the end of this week...."

Who knows what that's all about.... Is it "ratings month" ? ?

Anyways... I'm just relaying what they said.

I'm not surprised the rumors are surfacing again considering the latest interviews.....I think I'll just wait until or if ever, Robert, JPJ and Jimmy make an official annoucement either in person or through their authorized reps. B)

I'm not surprised the rumors are surfacing again considering the latest interviews.....I think I'll just wait until or if ever, Robert, JPJ and Jimmy make an official annoucement either in person or through their authorized reps. B)

There has to be some substance to it. The Axel rumours and now these. Its just a matter of time. Next fall seems like the time if and when it does happen. But then comes the where? How much? I hope they dont pull the shit they pulled in England here if they do tour. the wristbands and all that crap.

There has to be some substance to it. The Axel rumours and now these.

There have been persistent tour rumors since 1990. Perhaps a die-hard Plant enthusiast can confirm or deny he's already booked to return to the studio with SS this September,

as I have heard this to be the case.

There have been persistent tour rumors since 1990. Perhaps a die-hard Plant enthusiast can confirm or deny he's already booked to return to the studio with SS this September,

as I have heard this to be the case.

But the O2 concert has made things a bit more believable now. I wonder what the new stuff would be like? I wonder if Jimmy doesnt already have some riffs down and if Robert has some lyrics. Perhaps they will have Jonesy contribute more in the lyrics? But I wonder if they will try something totally differant?? We shall have to wait. impatiently.

There has to be some substance to it. The Axel rumours and now these. Its just a matter of time. Next fall seems like the time if and when it does happen. But then comes the where? How much? I hope they dont pull the shit they pulled in England here if they do tour. the wristbands and all that crap.

I see a concoction of speculation and rumors....nothing substantive to make me believe there is anything in the works at this point.....B)

• 1 month later...
Yahoo alerts is saying a Led Zeppelin world tour is "very likely". Whitsnake's lead singer is expecting a call from Jimmy Page any time. They are saying by the end of the year a full blown world tour is more than likely.

Coverdale pulling someones leg. It's not true.

Whitesnake expects invitation from Led Zeppelin

Sunday, May 11, 2008 16:32 [iST]

London: Music group Whitesnake are confident that they will be invited by legendary rock band Led Zeppelin to join them on a world tour.The Zeppelin tour has been eagerly awaited ever since they performed a one-off gig in London last December, contactmusic.com reports.

Said David Coverdale, lead singer of Whitesnake: "I'm expecting a call from Jimmy (Page, Led Zeppelin guitarist) any day asking my band Whitesnake to support them on a world tour. Am I on board? You bet! It's probably worth billions."

Coverdale also thinks Zeppelin will be much better than the Rolling Stones in concert.

He added: "Unlike rolling out the wheelchairs with the umpteenth Rolling Stones World Tour, a Led Zeppelin tour will be incredible." source

Archived