Ebola

cryingbluerain

More on the way..

BzACrpDIcAAmmz0.jpg

Roberts International Airport in Liberia

Liberians Flood airport Attempting To Flee Ebola Struck Country

CDC Argues Against Shutting Down Air Travel From Africa To Stop Ebola

Just want to say THANK YOU to every stupid fuck who insists on visiting countries where Ebola is running wild, THANK YOU for bringing EBOLA to North America, what a bunch of twats!

Please sign the petition here: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/have-faa-ban-all-incoming-and-outgoing-flights-ebola-stricken-countries-until-ebola-outbreak/FFJHH9yX

Have the FAA ban all incoming and outgoing flights to ebola-stricken countries until the ebola outbreak is contained.

white house switchboard 202-456-1414 comment line 202-456-1111

I'm aware it may already be too late to petition. It seems the government already has it's mindset. These petitions could take months to be looked at. Ya never know.

Back in July, Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.) suggested the State Dept. ban citizens from Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone from entering the U.S. and foreign travelers who have visited those countries in the previous 90 days.

Grayson grew concerned after an American who contracted Ebola in Liberia died in Nigeria after flying into the country through an international airport.

“This latest case is particularly troubling because Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos, Nigeria, is the third busiest airport in Africa, and it offers direct flights to the United States,” Grayson wrote to Secretary of State John Kerry. “I urge you to consider the enhanced danger Ebola now presents to the American public, and therefore request that appropriate travel restrictions be implemented immediately.”

The administration ignored Grayson’s plea but, in contrast, British Airways, Air France, Korean Air and Kenya Airways decided to suspend flights to the Ebola hot zone in August.

“If [the Obama administration] instituted the travel ban when Alan Grayson, of all people, demanded it, [Duncan] wouldn’t be here,” Krikorian added.

From what the public health experts from the World Heath Organization and the CDC say, blockades are counterproductive since they prevent needed medical supplies, etc. from reaching affected countries in a timely manner. What I find most appalling is the CDC left the contaminated sheets, clothing, etc. in the Dallas apartment with the quarantined family for several days. They only removed the items and cleaned the apartment yesterday,

From what the public health experts from the World Heath Organization and the CDC say, blockades are counterproductive since they prevent needed medical supplies, etc. from reaching affected countries in a timely manner.

Wait until the disease spreads to Washington D.C., then there will be some changes.

What I find most appalling is the CDC left the contaminated sheets, clothing, etc. in the Dallas apartment with the quarantined family for several days. They only removed the items and cleaned the apartment yesterday,

The ambulance driver was not told for 48 hours later. And they didn't even clean it until days after that.

The man vomited all over everything.

ebola_cleanup.jpg

Caption should read: How Not To Clean Up Ebola Vomit

From what the public health experts from the World Heath Organization and the CDC say, blockades are counterproductive since they prevent needed medical supplies, etc. from reaching affected countries in a timely manner.

Defies all logic. Think about it. That's like saying abstinence will give you an STD. It's like saying if you don't cut off your finger with a meat cleaver, your finger will bleed and fall off.

What an idiot! If a travel ban was enacted it could contain an exception for 'Emergency personnel, doctors and nurses'. All others to be banned from incoming and outgoing flights.

Should emergency personnel contract the disease, they should be treated off-shore on ships in at least Level 3 confinement, until the incubation period of 21 days has passed. CDC after meeting with Obama are the same people that 3 weeks ago said the chances are so small of Ebola that people shouldn't be concerned. What is a quarantine if it's not enacted?

This is a stand down order.

That is correct, as long as they follow procedure we are good to go. Ebola is not transmitted via airborne vectors, only through direct contact such as blood, saliva, or fecal.

Thanks God for that because a recent victim flew United. I have not been on United for years. But I will be next week

Thanks God for that because a recent victim flew United. I have not been on United for years. But I will be next week

I hope it turns out alright for you, LZ77.

Los Angeles Times: CDC Forced to Admit that Ebola Might Be Spread to Healthcare Workers through Coughing and Sneezing

Scientists have said for some time that Ebola may be spread through coughing, sneezing and other aerosol transmission.

The top American health agency - the U.S. Centers for Disease Control - has denied this for months. But CDC has finally been forced to admit that it's true.

Dr. C.J. Peters - "would not rule out the possibility that it spreads through the air in tight quarters." “We just don’t have the data to exclude it,” “some” infections may have occurred via “aerosol transmission.”

Dr. Philip K. Russell, a virologist who oversaw Ebola research while heading the U.S. Army’s Medical Research and Development Command - much was still to be learned. “Being dogmatic is, I think, ill-advised, because there are too many unknowns here.”

"I see the reasons to dampen down public fears. We're scientifically, we’re in the middle of the first experiment of multiple, serial passages of Ebola virus in man…. God knows what this virus is going to look like. I don’t.”

Charles L. Bailey supervised the government’s response to an outbreak of Ebola among several dozen rhesus monkeys housed for research in Reston, Va., a suburb of Washington.

What Bailey learned from the episode informs his suspicion that the current strain of Ebola afflicting humans might be spread through tiny liquid droplets propelled into the air by coughing or sneezing.

no one has ever done a study [disproving that] coughing or sneezing is a viable means of transmitting,” he said. Unqualified assurances that Ebola is not spread through the air, Bailey said, are “misleading.”

Tom Skinner, a spokesman for the CDC in Atlanta, said health officials were basing their response to Ebola on what has been learned from battling the virus since its discovery in central Africa in 1976.

we can never say never” about spread through close-range coughing or sneezing.

I’m not going to sit here and say that if a person who is highly viremic … were to sneeze or cough right in the face of somebody who wasn’t protected, that we wouldn’t have a transmission,” Skinner said.

Up to 100 possibly exposed, 4 in isolation. 12 to 18 people had direct contact with the patient. Let's hope you don't have to update your post IpMan.

Hey Bro. How's it goin? I don't know where you get your sources from so early.

Turns out the Ebola dude, Thomas Eric Duncan lied on his Visa application to get into the country. And with the laws so slack, he was easily allowed entry to visit even with the Red Flags on The Visa in addition to the lies to all the questions pertaining to having been in contact with others with Ebola. That sux! Liar Liar pants on fire. :P In Liberia, the head of the country's airport authority, Binyah Kesselly, said the government could prosecute Duncan for denying he had contact with someone who was eventually diagnosed with Ebola.

Health officials said on Thursday that 12 to 18 people had direct contact with the patient, who flew to Texas from Liberia via Brussels and Washington two weeks ago, and they in turn had contact with scores of others.

Center For Immigration Studies

Reuters

I think the Dallas hospital is trying to make Duncan the fall guy in order to cover up their own negligence. He told the nurse he had recently returned from Liberia, when he visited the ER. That should have been a red flag for the ER staff. Instead they gave him a prescription for antibiotics and sent him home.

I think the Dallas hospital is trying to make Duncan the fall guy in order to cover up their own negligence. He told the nurse he had recently returned from Liberia, when he visited the ER. That should have been a red flag for the ER staff. Instead they gave him a prescription for antibiotics and sent him home.

Oops,900,000 die in US hospitals due to infection.

Let's see:

.Duncan helps lady with Ebola. Woman dies. Duncan suddenly quits his job and hops on the first plane out.

.Lied on his Visa

.Lied on the airplane screening questions

And now that the CDC finally admitted that Ebola could be contracted through coughing and sneezing, he could have infected others, including his family, EMT, people on the plane, people he came in to contact with.

I'd say there is a very good chance he would qualify for a fall guy.

Too bad he's dead. I was thinking Obama could visit him, shake his hand and give him a big hug for a compassionate photo-op.

21 Day incubation cycle. And the lady that called him "Daddy" helps him into the ambulance while he's vomiting and rides to the hospital with him in the ambulance with vomited sheets, etc is allowed to go back to work after 9 days. And she's a nursing assistant at a nursing home.

Here's some red flags for you Duck:

That is five strikes against his application:

1.Single

2.Unemployed

3.Liberian (5th highest overstay rate of any country in the world)

4.Has recently resided outside of his country of citizenship, displaying weak ties there

5.Sister living in the United States.

Together, all these factors should have weighed very heavily against the issuance of a visitor's visa to Duncan. He clearly appears unqualified

Here's another red flag:

112 individuals were caught illegally crossing into the United States from Guinea, 231 from Liberia, and another 145 from Sierra Leone, the three Ebola “hot spots”. This represents a 95% increase over 2013, before the Ebola crisis heated up.

And those are only the ones caught. It doesn't take into consideration those that have crossed in with Obama's stand down of ICE and border control agents. So much for the "all little Central American children illegally crossing" theory.

Let's see:

.Duncan helps lady with Ebola. Woman dies. Duncan suddenly quits his job and hops on the first plane out.

.Lied on his Visa

.Lied on the airplane screening questions

And now that the CDC finally admitted that Ebola could be contracted through coughing and sneezing, he could have infected others, including his family, EMT, people on the plane, people he came in to contact with.

I'd say there is a very good chance he would qualify for a fall guy.

Too bad he's dead. I was thinking Obama could visit him, shake his hand and give him a big hug for a compassionate photo-op.

21 Day incubation cycle. And the lady that called him "Daddy" helps him into the ambulance while he's vomiting and rides to the hospital with him in the ambulance with vomited sheets, etc is allowed to go back to work after 9 days. And she's a nursing assistant at a nursing home.

Here's some red flags for you Duck:

That is five strikes against his application:

1.Single

2.Unemployed

3.Liberian (5th highest overstay rate of any country in the world)

4.Has recently resided outside of his country of citizenship, displaying weak ties there

5.Sister living in the United States.

Together, all these factors should have weighed very heavily against the issuance of a visitor's visa to Duncan. He clearly appears unqualified

Here's another red flag:

112 individuals were caught illegally crossing into the United States from Guinea, 231 from Liberia, and another 145 from Sierra Leone, the three Ebola “hot spots”. This represents a 95% increase over 2013, before the Ebola crisis heated up.

And those are only the ones caught. It doesn't take into consideration those that have crossed in with Obama's stand down of ICE and border control agents. So much for the "all little Central American children illegally crossing" theory.

None of the above changes the fact that the ER staff blew it. You are so angry with Duncan you aren't asking yourself an important question: Why did the ER doctor send him home after Duncan told them he had recently arrived from Liberia? The Ebola outbreak in Sierra Leone and Liberia had been in the news all summer. Yet, it doesn't occur to them that Mr. Duncan might be experiencing early symptoms of the virus? I suspect the ER doctor didn't admit him because they knew (or suspected) he was a foreign national without health insurance. Either the doctor or hospital administration made a financial decision that placed countless lives at risk.

he was a foreign national without health insurance. Either the doctor or hospital administration made a financial decision that placed countless lives at risk.

Welcome to the ACA!

:thumbsup::notworthy:

The lady Duncan handled that died from Ebola.. Maybe, just maybe Thomas Eric Duncan just kinda left out that little bit of information when in the hospital.

Maybe just maybe, the feds failed to convey urgency or seriousness, after, just days earlier, President Obola gave his speech with the CDC about how infinitesimal the odds were of any Ebola happening in the United States.

Maybe because The Department of Health and Human Services has transformed into a political outfit too busy covering for Obamacare’s failures to respond to other health crises. The last two announcements from the department are both titled, “The Affordable Care Act is working.” Rather than drafting a set of emergency procedures to determine self-protective measures concerning travel and immigration, HHS Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell is busy preaching to the choir at a D.C. think tank.

Welcome to the ACA is right.

Anyone arriving from Africa should be isolated by Customs and screened by doctors to ensure they aren't infected.

With it easy to lie about visa information the fact people are coming from potentially infected areas, the risk is heightened especially the other passengers and the flight crew.

In most cases and I don't know if it's true travellers change flights because there aren't many direct routes to the USA or Australia.

They would possibly be via London (to America) or South Africa (to Australia).

It would be shameful if that patient was sent away from that US hospital because of no medical insurance.

That is bad risk management and considering it's been in the news for weeks now, gross negligence.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/10/09/15/43/infectious-disease-case-in-queensland

Scary times indeed..

“If it breaks out, it’s literally, ‘Katie bar the door,’ and there will be mass migration into the United States,” Kelly said. “They will run away from Ebola, or if they suspect they are infected, they will try to get to the United States for treatment.”

https://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/general-if-ebola-reaches-central-america-there-will-be-mass-migration-us_810793.html

Anyone arriving from Africa should be isolated by Customs and screened by doctors to ensure they aren't infected.

With it easy to lie about visa information the fact people are coming from potentially infected areas, the risk is heightened especially the other passengers and the flight crew.

In most cases and I don't know if it's true travellers change flights because there aren't many direct routes to the USA or Australia.

They would possibly be via London (to America) or South Africa (to Australia).

It would be shameful if that patient was sent away from that US hospital because of no medical insurance.

That is bad risk management and considering it's been in the news for weeks now, gross negligence.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/10/09/15/43/infectious-disease-case-in-queensland

There are no direct flights to London from any of the infected areas.

Second Case of Ebola Diagnosed In Dallas

Virus contracted even though nurse wore full protective gear

Early Sunday, Texas health officials announced that one of the nurses who tended the Ebola patient at the Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas had fallen ill and tested positive in a preliminary test for the fast-killing disease.

http://youtu.be/l8YA7QC29C4

Second Case of Ebola Diagnosed In Dallas

Virus contracted even though nurse wore full protective gear

Early Sunday, Texas health officials announced that one of the nurses who tended the Ebola patient at the Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas had fallen ill and tested positive in a preliminary test for the fast-killing disease.

http://youtu.be/l8YA7QC29C4

They're catching it early. Hopefully, with the appropriate successful treatment, she'll be able to make a complete recovery.

Africa is a very large continent. The Ebola epidemic is confined to a segment of West Africa so intensive screening of persons arriving from other parts of Africa would be waste of finite resources.

Archived