Queen

Charles J. White

will I`ve been lucky in that seeing Queen live, there are the fabulous albums too! .like reswati as i mean is very a spot on point just the four musicians is the IMHO the best too!. my personnel top four albums are: Queen ii, A Day At The Races and Hot Space. I`ve never been much of a singles person so I don't personnel have a list of songs by Queen. as for which band member its depending on the song which bassline or vocal. but the dual singer and guitarist is also one sure fired added bonus....

Pesonally, I prefer the pre-80's Queen. ANY fan of the band MUST get the newly released "Queen Live at the Rainbow" DVD/CD. Absolutely flawless perfromance and recorded perfectly considering it's 1974. Be warned, they only had three albums out at this time so don't expect to hera the Top 20 hits they had!

Pesonally, I prefer the pre-80's Queen. ANY fan of the band MUST get the newly released "Queen Live at the Rainbow" DVD/CD. Absolutely flawless perfromance and recorded perfectly considering it's 1974. Be warned, they only had three albums out at this time so don't expect to hera the Top 20 hits they had!

I completely agree, awesome show (both of them actually), awesome DVD in super quality...............an absolute must have!

• 2 months later...

You have to admire how after the death of an irreplaceable member of the band they disbanded; refusing to carry on and shamelessly stay in the public eye any which way they could, be that via boy band collaborations, musicals with Ben Elton and touring with the runner up of American Idol. Not to mention the licensing of their music to countless adverts, and generally turning up to the opening of an envelope to talk about past glories and/or their latest collaboration/tour. Yes, I just love how they never sold out and are in no way an over saturated, overplayed karaoke band for the masses to sing along to at sporting events.

Living in the U.K one hardly ever hears Queen on the radio or on the television, so thank you so much for a much needed thread to remind us of this notoriously media shy band's back catalogue.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Big News from Queen's Facebook page:

***Bohemian Rhapsody: Exclusive New Movie Image (1)***

Rami Malek (Freddie Mercury) and Gwilym Lee (Brian May) star in Twentieth Century Fox’s BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY. Photo Credit: Alex Bailey.

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS

Bohemian Rhapsody is a foot-stomping celebration of Queen, their music and their extraordinary lead singer Freddie Mercury, who defied stereotypes and shattered convention to become one of the most beloved entertainers on the planet. The film traces the meteoric rise of the band through their iconic songs and revolutionary sound, their near-implosion as Mercury’s lifestyle spirals out of control, and their triumphant reunion on the eve of Live Aid, where Mercury, facing a life-threatening illness, leads the band in one of the greatest performances in the history of rock music. In the process, cementing the legacy of a band that were always more like a family, and who continue to inspire outsiders, dreamers and music lovers to this day.

GRAHAM KING (PRODUCER)

“This film has been 8 years in the making but I truly believe that it’s been worth it because I’m so proud of what we’ve accomplished. The movie is a true celebration of Queen’s music and a tribute to one of the greatest frontmen of all time: Freddie Mercury. Breaking through stereotypes and expectations, Freddie dared to change everything – believing in himself and his music.”

“He and the band reached unparalleled success and Freddie became one of the most beloved entertainers on the planet, cementing a legacy that continues to this very day. Their music is played in sports arenas, countless films and commercials, and is heard reverberating around nearly every local bar and pub around the world. They inspire outsiders, dreamers and music lovers. And behind the music was a man who simply connected with people in a way only a handful of performers have ever done.”

“I’ve been lucky enough in my career to work with some of the greatest actors – Leonardo DiCaprio, Daniel Day-Lewis, just to name a few. But the performance of Rami as Freddie rates up there with some of the best I’ve ever seen.”

BRIAN MAY (LEAD GUITARIST, QUEEN)

“I'm thrilled with the way our Freddie film is shaping up. Much more than a documentary of someone's life, it's a piece of pure art, chiselled out of solid rock. It speaks of families and relationships and hopes and dreams, and heartache and disappointment, and ultimately of victory and fulfilment, in a way that everyone can connect to. It hasn't been an easy journey - but all the most worthwhile journeys are like that! Rami and Lucy and the boys give monumental performances - more than worthy of the originals !!”

www.queenonline.com

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:20 PM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Big News from Queen's Facebook page:

***Bohemian Rhapsody: Exclusive New Movie Image (1)***

Rami Malek (Freddie Mercury) and Gwilym Lee (Brian May) star in Twentieth Century Fox’s BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY. Photo Credit: Alex Bailey.

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS

Bohemian Rhapsody is a foot-stomping celebration of Queen, their music and their extraordinary lead singer Freddie Mercury, who defied stereotypes and shattered convention to become one of the most beloved entertainers on the planet. The film traces the meteoric rise of the band through their iconic songs and revolutionary sound, their near-implosion as Mercury’s lifestyle spirals out of control, and their triumphant reunion on the eve of Live Aid, where Mercury, facing a life-threatening illness, leads the band in one of the greatest performances in the history of rock music. In the process, cementing the legacy of a band that were always more like a family, and who continue to inspire outsiders, dreamers and music lovers to this day.

GRAHAM KING (PRODUCER)

“This film has been 8 years in the making but I truly believe that it’s been worth it because I’m so proud of what we’ve accomplished. The movie is a true celebration of Queen’s music and a tribute to one of the greatest frontmen of all time: Freddie Mercury. Breaking through stereotypes and expectations, Freddie dared to change everything – believing in himself and his music.”

“He and the band reached unparalleled success and Freddie became one of the most beloved entertainers on the planet, cementing a legacy that continues to this very day. Their music is played in sports arenas, countless films and commercials, and is heard reverberating around nearly every local bar and pub around the world. They inspire outsiders, dreamers and music lovers. And behind the music was a man who simply connected with people in a way only a handful of performers have ever done.”

“I’ve been lucky enough in my career to work with some of the greatest actors – Leonardo DiCaprio, Daniel Day-Lewis, just to name a few. But the performance of Rami as Freddie rates up there with some of the best I’ve ever seen.”

BRIAN MAY (LEAD GUITARIST, QUEEN)

“I'm thrilled with the way our Freddie film is shaping up. Much more than a documentary of someone's life, it's a piece of pure art, chiselled out of solid rock. It speaks of families and relationships and hopes and dreams, and heartache and disappointment, and ultimately of victory and fulfilment, in a way that everyone can connect to. It hasn't been an easy journey - but all the most worthwhile journeys are like that! Rami and Lucy and the boys give monumental performances - more than worthy of the originals !!”

www.queenonline.com

First Trailer (I can't get youtube to work on lz.com :)) but the link works.

Articles on movie.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/may/15/bohemian-rhapsody-first-trailer-queen-freddie-mercury-biopic

https://www.thewrap.com/bryan-fuller-blasts-bohemian-rhapsody-trailer-ignoring-freddie-mercurys-sexuality-aids/

Edited by apantherfrommd
Youtube won't work anymore for me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

It looks like Dr. Brian Harold May had a heart attack earlier this month. He’s responded to media and says early warning signs were linked to another recent health scare. He had three stints  put in and is in recovery after being close to death. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/entertainment-arts-52796964

R😎🙏

Edited by reids

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

Holy crap!  He's been on YouTube all month doing virtual jam sessions with amateurs while recovering from heart issues?  WOW! 

Yep. He doesn’t want anyone to feel bad for him. He’s a trooper to say the least (with such a positive attitude about this).

R😎🎸👍

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...