2014-15 NFL PottedPlant Memorial Playoff Predictions thread...

paul carruthers

Ummm...

New Seattle...er, I mean Sea England...damn, this is hard.

Okay...my pick is:

Seattle by the score of 24-23.

The only people who have a chance to win are Walter Jr., Bong-Man, zepscoda, zeppelin68, and jb126, so those are the only ones where the score comes into play as a tiebreaker. The rest of us are playing for pride. :)

So Paul, with picking points for the tie breaker - is it about who is closest to total points? Walter Jr. was asking. He's putting his pick in tomorrow he said. ;)

Hey Walt, I think it's a lot like the Price is Right--whoever comes closest to the actual score without going over would get the tiebreaker, should it come to that.....

I cant remember a Super Bowl being a pick game all the way through. But right now its still a pick in Vegas and -110 both ways. O/U at 47 1/2. Down 1 pt from the opening number. I have no real strong feeling so took a small parlay on Seattle and Over and took Seattle flat

I cant remember a Super Bowl being a pick game all the way through. But right now its still a pick in Vegas and -110 both ways. O/U at 47 1/2. Down 1 pt from the opening number. I have no real strong feeling so took a small parlay on Seattle and Over and took Seattle flat

As I posted two weeks ago when the Super Bowl line first came out...

Now, the Super Bowl early line is out and guess what? It's a pick 'em! Never before has there been a pick 'em Super Bowl...the closest a Super Bowl line closed at was one point (Miami over Washington in Super Bowl VII and San Francisco over Cincinnati in Super Bowl XVI).

ATTENTION PAUL!!! I am changing my pick. I am picking New England over Seattle by the score of 27-24.

Fun fact: All of New England's Super Bowls in the Brady-Belichick era have been decided by 4 points or less, win or lose. Only 7 other Super Bowls of the 49 have been decided by 7 points or less.

Fun fact #2: The last meeting between Seattle and New England was in the 2012 season. Seattle won 24-23. Weirdly, that was my original Super Bowl pick.