2015 NFL Thread

Walter

Yep, just saw it.  Depth is never a bad thing.  Hope we can return the favor!

Fact of the matter is that you and a few others here must be down right in shock that my prediction came true.  And I am very glad they chose to keep Manuel at number 2/.  I still believe Manuel has more upside than Cassel, but with your offense and your team, it may be good for you too

So who is where on the depth-chart, Walter? Is it Weedon, Cassell, and Moore in that order? I was hoping they might give Kellen Moore a better look.

Moore was moved to the active roster already, so I would think he'd be the back up this week since he knows the offense better.  I have to believe that Cassel will be insurance in case Weedon completely falls flat on his face or obviously gets injured.  Like chase said, Cassel will fit in their short pass and run the ball offense - not a huge amount of pressure.  If the defense, led by Sean Lee, continues to play like they have it really won't be tough to stay in the game for the offense.  This week will be a big test with the high powered Falcons coming to town.

No doubt Dallas makes a move this week, and likely today.  Don't be shocked if they get Cassel or Manuel from us.  After all, all three played great in pre season an d I still am ticked off that Manuel did not get the job.  He could win in Dallas until Romo returned.  For sure.  At least Ryan admitted he was out coached.  No way do they have more talent than us and we should have won.  But you cannot beat the bad calls also.  And there were a ton of them.  Calling back a 28 yd gain by our star back when they call a TE lined up a foot back of the line was just insane.  So too a pass interference that the announcers admitted should have been a no call.  It kept their TD drive alive.  And yet we still almost pulled it out if not for a hail mary to their go to guy within two minutes with the score 37-32.  We will bounce back and kick ass.  I am certain of it.  We will not get the same terrible ref team every week. Wait until they fuck your team.  So how did Baltimore get beat at the Raiders?  They are now 0-2.  So even with Tennessee getting shocked in Cleveland, its wide open for AFC wild cards and I think one goes to us.  Miami blew their game vs Jacksonville I see.  They must be going crazy down there.  I will take the early 2 points with the Bills to roll  them

See the date of the above post. I DO HAVE A CHRYSTAL BALL!:lol:

Good grief Rick, you've already been given the credit for the call - are you turning into your favorite Cardinals fan??? ;) 

I think a lille credit is due since you laughed at me when I predicted this to happen.  I am often chastised when I give predictions.  I nail one and I get not one bit of credit for this insight that is worthy of a chair on the ESPN panel!? OK, that is stretching it but my accurate prediction of this trade does not paint me red and get me a set of wings.  I am a non migratory birds like the Cardinal and am bracing for another long western upstate NYwinter.  I am tickled pink or red as EJ is now the backup and if his services are needed I say he will silence his critics for good.  I know its hard pill to swallow seeing yours truly being correct.  Accept it Walter. You will sleep better!  ???

^^ That is a tough game to call--something tells me though, that Coughlin's G-Men won't run the table in reverse.

I'm still chewing over the Cowboys game & whether or not I should switch my pick to the home team--if Romo was playing, then I would say Cowboys all the way, but now, I don't know....

^^ That is a tough game to call--something tells me though, that Coughlin's G-Men won't run the table in reverse.

I'm still chewing over the Cowboys game & whether or not I should switch my pick to the home team--if Romo was playing, then I would say Cowboys all the way, but now, I don't know....

True, Rome&Co. was exactly lighting up Philly,... before he went out.

I think a lille credit is due since you laughed at me when I predicted this to happen.  I am often chastised when I give predictions.  I nail one and I get not one bit of credit for this insight that is worthy of a chair on the ESPN panel!? OK, that is stretching it but my accurate prediction of this trade does not paint me red and get me a set of wings.  I am a non migratory birds like the Cardinal and am bracing for another long western upstate NYwinter.  I am tickled pink or red as EJ is now the backup and if his services are needed I say he will silence his critics for good.  I know its hard pill to swallow seeing yours truly being correct.  Accept it Walter. You will sleep better!  ???

where did I laugh at you?  

I winked at you after I said "why would we want those bums".  That means it was a sarcastic statement on my part.  As I already said, depth is a welcomed thing in the NFL.  The guy is no Joe Montana, but what we need now is a game manager.  If Weeden can't get it done, hopefully Cassel can.  Otherwise, we're screwed...  That's life in the NFL.

Well they'll be 1-2 after the kick the crap out of the Bears this Sunday. Better hope for a win vs. Arizona!

16 does not sound liklike along season, and especially if you compare to the other major sports.  But we know it is long!  Cannot rule out anyone after week two.  And certainly not teams like Seattle. Baltimore and Philadelphia.  

Taters vs G-men

:Thinking:

Yeah, it's kind of a tossup for me.

Can the Giants get their shit together?

Will the Redskins KEEP their shit together, from last week?

We shall see.

Edited by Steal Away Now Baby Rose

The fucking problem is that NY have lost two close games to good/decent teams (Atlanta and Dallas), while Washington lost by a TD to Miami in Wk 1, and then beat St. Louis by a full two TD'S last week. And of course St. Louis beat the defending NFC champs in their season-opener.

It's tough.

Edited by Steal Away Now Baby Rose

^ I thought the Giants defense did a good job limiting the scoring in those first 2 games, at least until their coaching/QB totally forgot the most basic strategies for what to do late in a game with a 2 score lead. But that same defense should not be expected to control many games - with no pass rush, poor run defense, and injuries. The Redskins have a very solid running game, which should not be slowed in most of their games this season. The Giants running game is almost non existent, as their OL is improving, but basically being built for QB protection. They do have playmakers in Beckham and newly acquired pass play RB Vereen, but that's hardly enough against a defense that is basically doing everything right, so far.

Look for the Giants to lose by being pounded by the run, and a lopsided time of possession.

There are eight 0-2 teams in the NFL...only 11% of teams that start out 0-2 make the playoffs. Sooooo, Forum Football Fans, here is a little side-game we can play apart from the regular pool.

Which 0-2 team do you think will be the first to win a game?

Seattle

Chicago

Philadelphia

Houston

Detroit

New Orleans 

Baltimore

NY Giants

Two of the winless teams play each other Sunday...Chicago @ Seattle, so at least one of those teams will win (barring a tie). But the Giants have the first opportunity as their game with the Taters is tonight. I am still unsure about who to pick in the Giants-Taters game, but I feel very confident Seattle will get their mojo back at home against Da Bears, so I will say Seattle.

A more interesting question may be which 0-2 team remains winless the longest? Which team has the potential to go 0-16? New Orleans? Da Bears?

I'll say the Giants since they play tonight.  I'm determined to get through the season without picking the Taters (well, we'll see...)

I'll say Chicago will go the longest without winning, but they will win. 

And now, back to the grind.

^ Since I won't be surprised if the Giants lose again, I will pick the Texans to be the first to win their first game. The Eagles did a drastic and controversial personnel change, and I would love to see them go 0-16 - but that division is not strong enough to bury them, at this time. I don't think any team will wind up 0-16, for similar reason. And some of these 0-2 teams have the personnel to rebound and make the playoffs.