2015 NFL Thread

Walter

1 minute ago, Strider said:

Oh my god. Peyton kissed the Papa John dude immediately. What a shill.

:lol: I must've missed that one!  

Congrats to Manning, etc.  Complete shutdown.  What a way to go out! 

2 hours ago, the chase said:

Nice little Budweiser plug from PM..

That was more than a little Budweiser plug from PM...

He mentioned he was going to kiss his wife, be with his children and drink a lot of Budweiser tonight (last night, after the game) on at least two occasions.  Since I drink a lot of Budweiser myself, I can certainly relate with PM on this.  All I need now is two win a Super Bowl or two and then I would be on par with him. 

Budweiser:  the King of Beers.  Saint Louis, Missouri...

Edited by kingzoso

7 hours ago, kingzoso said:

That was more than a little Budweiser plug from PM...

He mentioned he was going to kiss his wife, be with his children and drink a lot of Budweiser tonight (last night, after the game) on at least two occasions.  Since I drink a lot of Budweiser myself, I can certainly relate with PM on this.  All I need now is two win a Super Bowl or two and then I would be on par with him. 

Budweiser:  the King of Beers.  Saint Louis, Missouri...

Yep saw it. Plug o matic. Just like the Gatorade he was calmly sipping as they announced his name during the MVP ceremony and the Papa John smooch before he even had his Superbowl Champion cap on. Didn't see the Nationwide people anywhere ..

Hey more power to him. This is the age we live in.

15 hours ago, Strider said:

Peyton can saddle up his white bronco, head off into a pastel sunset, drinking Budweiser and eating pizza.
"Papa John you taste so.." err, "chicken parm you taste so good."

Or not.

(Strider, I was going to quote you last night, but I forgot to do it when I left my office for more beer and chili and returned to my recliner.)

Edited by jabe

33 minutes ago, in_the_evening said:

Wow, Cam's after game press conference was....

Petulant?  Immature?  Pathetic?

Dude, you lost, get over it and act like a man.  What happened to Superman?

I've heard about it, but haven't seen it yet.  How bad was he?  Puss.

24 minutes ago, jabe said:

Peyton can saddle up his white bronco, head off into a pastel sunset, drinking Budweiser and eating pizza.
"Papa John you taste so.." err, "chicken parm you taste so good."

Or not.

(Strider, I was going to quote you last night, but I forgot to do it when I left my office for more beer and chili and returned to my recliner.)

:hysterical:  I had a few of those moments last night.  Damn Sunday night!  Still not clicking 100% today....  Too many 2nd half shots, I reckon! ;) 

The game was sloppy and, apart from Von Miller, unmemorable. Luckily, we were drinking and blazing so much that by the fourth quarter it didn't matter...we were entertaining ourselves.

Didn't see any post-game antics because we turned it off as soon as Peyton Manning smooched Papa John and put on the Rolling Stones Marquee 1971 DVD. I surely didn't want to see smug Roger Goodell giving the Super Bowl trophy to the Broncos (Shoulda been the Patriots...Shoulda been the Patriots).

But good for Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware winning their first Super Bowl. Cowboy fans must be hurt that Ware didn't win it in a Cowboy uniform.

I expect to hear Peyton announce his retirement any minute now. There's no reason to delay and certainly no reason to come back. He can do the rare thing...retire as a champion. Go out on top. The first QB to 200 wins and a Super Bowl victory in his final game. Two SBs also ties little brother Eli, so he's not behind in the family anymore.

If he comes back, it'll be sad...Kobe Bryant sad.

This game goes down with the Baltimore Ravens win, all done on defense.  The Panthers were victims of more horrendous officiating right from the beginning.  The play that was ruled no catch, WAS A CATCH.  Phil Simms said it right on national TV.   How can you get that wrong on a replay?  It is the way this entire season went.  These refs must go.  Adios Peyton.  You are a nice guy but do not play the game Brett Favre played with us and jerk our chains.   I  feel bad for the Carolina players that had to see that shit not overturned and justice done.  Would it have changed the outcome?  Maybe.  It would have eliminated that first TD.  I am so sick of these dam refs.  

Did I call the under or what?  I bet the under flat.   Did not have much faith in the outcome.  But I will confess I went light.   Been kicking ass on Premier League with Leicester.  

5 hours ago, Walter said:

I've heard about it, but haven't seen it yet.  How bad was he?  Puss.

I'm sure it's on YouTube and ESPN and even NFL.com has it.  Just pathetic.

write it down, take it to the bank.  This was Cam's day, and he blew it.  He doesn't have the balls to be a man and take a loss.  You won't see him in another Super Bowl.

Like I said, write it down and bank it.  This kid is a punk.

25 minutes ago, in_the_evening said:

write it down, take it to the bank.  This was Cam's day, and he blew it.  He doesn't have the balls to be a man and take a loss.  You won't see him in another Super Bowl.

+1

Don't hide your feelings...don't beat around the bush. Tell us how you really feel. :D

Just now, in_the_evening said:

He's also catching some heat for leaving his skull cap on during the National Anthem.

If you're going to hot dog when you do something good, you should be able to take some heat when you don't. He hot dogs when he wins, but acts like sore sport when he loses. Hopefully he learns from this.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

+1

Don't hide your feelings...don't beat around the bush. Tell us how you really feel. :D

LOL!  Sorry for the harshness!

I thought it was a great game.  But if you're Peyton, are you proud of that game?  I just couldn't believe Denver would get the ball and run 3 times, then punt.  It was almost as if they were saying "don't throw Peyton".  Or was it more along the lines of Peyton thinking Carolina's D was covering everything, so let's run it?  What did I see, something like for both teams, they were (at one point) 0 for 25 on 3rd down conversions!

^^^4 for 25...but your point is well taken. They ended the game a dismal record-breaking 4 for 29.

For sloppy, lackluster play and boredom, it reminded me of Super Bowl V between Dallas and Baltimore Colts in 1971. Turnovers, penalties, punts and ultra-conservative playcalling.

Edited by Strider

It's been a wild day being in the center of Broncos Country!! I really can't believe we actually won the Superbowl! This was a very shaky season with losing our star quarterback for half the season and only scoring 30+ points twice, but the defense has just been unstoppable!!! I'm glad to see Peyton Manning getting to go out where he certainly has deserved to. I would like to see him just retire a Champion, and see Osweiler step in for the next few years and possibly lead us back to the Superbowl.. We could have won the Superbowl last night with ME starting.. Hahahaha its nice to see the Broncos are a team who wins as a team rather than a single player like the Panthers are. Love seeing my home city bring home another Championship anyway!! It's been 15 years since the Avs brought home the Stanley Cup!! 

I hate overly cocky people, even if I have never and will never know them or meet them.  With that being said, I am so glad that Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers lost the Super Bowl 50. 

Anyone as cocky and as flamboyant and so sure that he was going to win the Super Bowl all by himself, only to be denied and humiliated like he was, deserves to be put down and shamed.  He would have done the same to the Broncos whole team if the results were different.

He is cocky and arrogant win he wins games, but he acts and responds like a little punk when he loses. 

I think that all that cockiness, arrogance, etc.. that he displayed during the regular season should and would come back to him and make Cam Newton one of the biggest jokes of 2015/2016.  He played it and lost so the joke really his on him. 

Edited by kingzoso

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14747408/super-bowl-50-history-why-not-predict-next-25-super-bowl-winners

Some of you may get a kick out of the above.   Who wins the next 25 Super Bowls, and yes they were kind enough to have my Bills beating the Eagles in 5 years.  More interesting is predictions of Dublin winning one and I believe Tokyo or some team in Asia losing one, and Montreal being in there.  The Los Angeles Rams and San Diego Raiders winning one.  Amusing article n ESPN