Hot pics of Jimmy

Henrik

The person I wouldn't trust nor touch with a ten foot pole is Richard Cole.

Not to be overly mean-spirited, but the man has certainly reinvented himself, hasn't he? And I'm with you. I still don't trust him.

The thing that does surprise me is his choice of photo for the cover - one of 'unprettiest' photos of him I've seen. I know why his eyes lack their usual shine & intensity then. With so many other georgeous photos available, wonder why this one.

Maybe he felt that for the cover image he needed something where he was looking directly into the lens, preferably straight on, and without other band members or random objects or whatever cluttering the background. Which would have to narrow it down considerably, I guess. You don't often get that in professional-quality shots, unless it's a passport photo or a police mugshot. I think it was a good choice (the pic on the back, on the other hand, is not all that special).

It may not be the prettiest, but it's very...I dunno what the word is. You look into his eyes and really feel like you're getting a look into his character somehow. (What Darlas y said, basically). It reminds me of my favourite non-Zep rock pic:

david-bowie-mugshot-rochester-ny-02_zpsb

On another note, I never noticed it until I saw the pic blown up huge, but is he wearing eyeliner? (Page not Bowie).

^^ Hi Scylla. Agree they're both striking shots because of the direct gaze.

And, yeah, I had decided that our boy had got into the guyliner - his eyelids look a little smokey too. Suits him. Glad he didn't go the full raccoon tho :)

I remember reading Hammer of the Gods when it first came out and thinking, "Oh my....!!!!!" Then several years later reading the authorized biography of the great classical pianist, Arthur Rubinstein and thinking, "Oh my my!!!!!!!!!". The Rubinstein book would have made even Jimmy, the rock guitarist blush.

Now I want to run to my local library and look up the Arthur Rubinstein biography. Musicians have always attracted groupies. I remember reading about a 14th century composer, Guillaume de Machaut, and the young woman who appointed herself his "muse" during a music appreciation course I took at university.

What a fabulous photo edit Scylla ... can't help but think of the painstaking time Jimmy took to work on his book .. and you've pulled this lot together in no time !

I had a "favourite live pics" folder all ready-made. :)

I bet Jimmy really enjoyed the whole process. Hell, I would, if I used to look like that. Wouldn't it be a dream job though? When I was ill and bedbound I spent more hours than I'd like to count collecting and categorizing Zep pics - like it mattered, like I was getting paid for it - and time just flew. I'd love to be a picture editor.

I was trying to decide which is the best ever Jimmy-on-stage pic - the one they should use on his obituary. I reckon this one (I think it'd have to involve a dragon suit and the double neck...). The original guitar god in full flight:

Page2_zpsa4eae41b.jpg

What would everyone else pick as the "definitive" Jimmy shot?

If I was choosing from offstage pics I'd go for

p10_zpsc32d90e2.jpg

or

c9_zps3d9a441c.png

I had a "favourite live pics" folder all ready-made. :)

I bet Jimmy really enjoyed the whole process. Hell, I would, if I used to look like that. Wouldn't it be a dream job though? When I was ill and bedbound I spent more hours than I'd like to count collecting and categorizing Zep pics - like it mattered, like I was getting paid for it - and time just flew. I'd love to be a picture editor.

I was trying to decide which is the best ever Jimmy-on-stage pic - the one they should use on his obituary. I reckon this one (I think it'd have to involve a dragon suit and the double neck...). The original guitar god in full flight:

Page2_zpsa4eae41b.jpg

What would everyone else pick as the "definitive" Jimmy shot?

If I was choosing from offstage pics I'd go for

p10_zpsc32d90e2.jpg

or

c9_zps3d9a441c.png

Ineed, very nice choices. Love that all of them are black and white.

Maaike

I think I am going with the black en white theme today (just love b&w pictures...).

Picking a fav. picture of Jimmy on stage was a hard one, as there so many good ones.

I like b&w photos and I thought it would need to include a trademark concert-moment.

That's how I came up with this one from the earlier Led Zep days, of Jimmy doing one of his bow-solos.

Maaike

post-28467-0-09268500-1413284084_thumb.j

Two tidbits from two books: Robert Plant, A Life and Led Zeppelin, An Oral History and one pic.

Three days and nights?! Bloody hell. I'd read the second extract before but it made it sound like it was a pretty brief thing. That's actually horrifying. And, as that writer comments, might well explain a lot.

So.... I can't post pics from Photobucket because when I paste the URL into the "image properties" box and click "OK", nothing happens. And every time I click on "new content" (for a couple of days now), it tells me "no new content found".

Is there anyone else who's having these issues? Or knows how to fix them?