2015 POTTEDPLANT MEMORIAL NFL POOL

Strider

Week 7 Stats

Thursday, 22 October

Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers [NFC West rivalry game] at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California (20-3 Seahawks)

Picks record: 8-5

Sunday, 25 October

1. Buffalo Bills vs. Jacksonville Jaguars at Wembley Stadium in London, England, UK (34-31 Jaguars)

Picks record: 0-14

(We got shut out on this one! First time since I started tracking our stats.)

2. Minnesota Vikings vs. Detroit Lions [NFC North rivalry game] at Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan (28-19 Vikings)

Picks record: 10-4

3. New Orleans Saints vs. Indianapolis Colts [Super Bowl XLIV rematch] at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana (27-21 Saints)

Picks record: 6-8

4. Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri (23-13 Chiefs)

Picks record: 2-12

5. Houston Texans vs. Miami Dolphins at Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida (44-26 Dolphins) [First win against Houston Texans in franchise history]

Picks record: 13-1

6. New York Jets vs. New England Patriots [AFC East rivalry game] at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts (30-23 Patriots)

Picks record: 13-1

7. Cleveland Browns vs. St. Louis Rams at Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis, Missouri (24-6 Rams)

Picks record: 12-2

8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Washington Redskins at FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland (31-30 Redskins)

Picks record: 11-3

9. Atlanta Falcons vs. Tennessee Titans at Nissan Stadium in Nashville, Tennessee (10-7 Falcons)

Picks record: 14-0

10. Oakland Raiders vs. San Diego Chargers [AFC West rivalry game] at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, California (37-29 Raiders)

Picks record: 5-9

11. Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants [NFC East rivalry game] at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey (27-20 Giants)

Picks record: 7-7

12. Philadelphia Eagles vs. Carolina Panthers [SNF game] at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina (27-16 Panthers)

Picks record: 11-3

Monday, 26 October

Baltimore Ravens vs. Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona (26-18 Cardinals)

Picks record: 14-0

Week 7 Overall Win Pct: 65%

Despite several surprising upsets, we still managed to have a good week, finishing with our best win pct since I started keeping track of our stats. The above win pct takes into account Rick's no-pick for TNF.

Right by the big cross Baby Rose....my nephew just might be delivering the mail there.

Oh, nice! Wolverine is so small, I'm used to Michigan's own residents not having heard of it.

And, well.....you live in Detroit, haha. 

That reminds me of this saying they have about Alaska's largest city, Anchorage, where I live.

Since it's a metropolitan city that contains almost half of the state's entire population, and isn't considered to be truly "Alaskan", the saying goes, "The closest you can get to Alaska without actually being there is Anchorage".

Guess I gotta do this...

THUR. OCT. 29

Miami at New England

SUN. NOV. 1 (AHHHHH--how can it be November already?!?!?!?!!)

Detroit at Kansas City 

Tampa Bay at Atlanta

Arizona at Cleveland 

San Francisco at St. Louis

NY Giants at New Orleans

Minnesota at Chicago

San Diego at Baltimore

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh

Tennessee at Houston

NY Jets at Oakland 

Seattle at Dallas

Green Bay at Denver

MON. NOV. 2 

Indianapolis at Carolina

I will look at this later and wonder if I was drunk....

Primates @ Patriots tonight. It's fun to see Miami re-energized and all, and with a short week for old man Brady to recover, it's tempting to think the Fins could pull an upset. But Miami beat Tennessee and Houston...they are stepping way up in class with New England. I will stick with Belechick and Brady and New England tonight.

Sunday, 25 October

1. Buffalo Bills vs. Jacksonville Jaguars at Wembley Stadium in London, England, UK (34-31 Jaguars)

Picks record: 0-14

Despite several surprising upsets, we still managed to have a good week, finishing with our best win pct since I started keeping track of our stats. The above win pct takes into account Rick's no-pick for TNF.

Our best win percentage as a collective was in Week 3: 160-64 for 71.4%. Our average score that week was 11.4-4.6.

Our worst week was Week 2: 87-136 for 39%. 6.2-9.7 was the average score.

SANBR, we have been collectively shut out before on a pick. Week 4 everyone picked Arizona in their game vs. St. Louis. Arizona lost and the Pool went 0-15 (back when 15 people were picking in the pool). The Pool also went 15-0 on two games that week: Carolina @ Tampa Bay and Detroit @ Seattle...everyone picking Carolina and Seattle.

Week 3 was a bonanza as everyone correctly picked the winners of three different games: New England, Carolina, and Seattle. Yes, even Rick picked the Patriots that week.

Our best win percentage as a collective was in Week 3: 160-64 for 71.4%. Our average score that week was 11.4-4.6.

SANBR, we have been collectively shut out before on a pick. 

finishing with our best win pct since I started keeping track of our stats. 

Haha, since I started tracking our stats, Strider, since I started tracking our stats.

Didn't start until Week 5.

The Pool also went 15-0 on two games that week: Carolina @ Tampa Bay and Detroit @ Seattle...everyone picking Carolina and Detroit.

Week 3 was a bonanza as everyone correctly picked the winners of three different games: New England, Carolina, and Seattle. Yes, even Rick picked the Patriots that week.

You mean Seattle for the Detroit at Seattle game.

Perfectly picked games are actually fairly common. We've had two in the past three weeks in a row.  It seems that we usually have around two every week.

That reminds me, since you seem to enjoy this as much as I do, if not more, do you want to post our weekly stats from Weeks 1-4?

Haha, since I started tracking our stats, Strider, since I started tracking our stats.

Didn't start until Week 5.

You mean Seattle for the Detroit at Seattle game.

I know what you meant. That's why I posted the info...so people would have a fuller picture. I wasn't questioning your math or conclusions. Thanks for the spot on my Detroit typo.

Perfectly picked games are actually fairly common. We've had two in the past three weeks in a row.  It seems that we usually have around two every week.

That reminds me, since you seem to enjoy this as much as I do, if not more, do you want to post our weekly stats from Weeks 1-4?

Enjoy perhaps is too strong a word, hehe. It's definitely interesting and crunching numbers is an amusing way to kill time. But it's not like there aren't other activities I would rather be doing. However, have no fear, when I have some down-time I will crunch all the numbers and post the stats for the first 8 weeks.

As for the games where we have a clean sweep, it's a curious thing that early on it usually involved games where everyone picked New England, Carolina, or Seattle. Lately, though, it has been Arizona and Atlanta that have united us together as one.

I know what you meant. That's why I posted the info...so people would have a fuller picture. I wasn't questioning your math or conclusions. Thanks for the spot on my Detroit typo.

Enjoy perhaps is too strong a word, hehe. It's definitely interesting and crunching numbers is an amusing way to kill time. But it's not like there aren't other activities I would rather be doing. However, have no fear, when I have some down-time I will crunch all the numbers and post the stats for the first 8 weeks.

As for the games where we have a clean sweep, it's a curious thing that early on it usually involved games where everyone picked New England, Carolina, or Seattle. Lately, though, it has been Arizona and Atlanta that have united us together as one.

Ah, my bad, mate. 

And if you're going to do that, then there's no point in me posting our stats for each week. 

As for the cleansweeps, it just depends on scheduling. Who has an easy matchup and who doesn't. And whether Rick is in the mood for one of his left-field picks. :lol:

Isn't there a Rugby World Cup going on right now, too, Reggie29?

Australia and New Zealand play in the final tomorrow (Saturday) 3.30pm GMT, at Twickenham Stadium, London.

Both countries have won the cup before. This will be the first time the two sides have ever met in a WC final with NZ being the favourites and Oz the underdogs and we'll be happy with that as the pressure will be on the All Blacks to win. I don't think it'll worry the Kiwis though. Of course there'll be pressure on Australia to win and both sides will field their best teams without any suspensions or serious injuries. The leveller is it's being played in neutral territory. Go the Wallabies!

NE  [WIN]

Detroit 

Atlanta

Arizona

St. Louis

Royal Orleans

Minnesota

SD

Cincinnati (Pulling for Cinci to earn their first 8-0 start in franchise history. Earning that record against a division rival would make the victory even sweeter)

Tennessee

Jets

Seattle

DENVER BRONCOS over Green Bay Packers (Not gonna lie, this is going to be tough. Both teams undefeated, both teams sporting two of the best defenses in the league, and both teams coming off a bye week. Denver's got homefield advantage though, which is one of the best in the NFL. Sunday Night Football doesn't get much better than this)

Sweet Carolina

THE ALL-BLACKS! THE ALL-BLACKS! :cheer:

:banana::cheer: 

Rugby was never one of my favourite sports, but after last night, I think I might change my mind! If the NFL is anything like Rugby (in terms of playing techniques, rules, etc.), then I think I might start learning the rules and actually start submitting NFL picks! B) 

Bring on the continuing Trans-Tasman rivalry on to the cricket field - the Baggy Greens vs. the Black Caps!! :cheer: 

Sorry for being off-topic! :peace: 

Miami at New England

Detroit at Kansas City

Tampa Bay at Atlanta

Arizona at Cleveland

San Francisco at St. Louis

NY Giants at New Orleans

Minnesota at Chicago

San Diego at Baltimore

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh

Tennessee at Houston

NY Jets at Oakland

Seattle at Dallas

Green Bay at Denver

Indianapolis at Camolina

Well...everybody finished .500 or better for the week and thanks to LedZeppfan77 having his best week in forever (see what happens when you pick New England?), he has moved above .500 for the season, at last joining the rest of us. Bong-Man continues his strong picking of late...he is clearly having a better season than his Detroit Lions...and I finally get off the schneid and finish atop the week with Bong-Man.

Week 8 Results

Bong-Man: 12-2*

Strider: 12-2*

apantherfrommd: 11-3

jb126: 11-3

LedZeppfan77: 11-3

paul carruthers: 10-4

Anjin-san: 9-5

ebk: 9-5

S.A.N.B.R.: 9-5

jabe: 8-6

Reggie29: 8-6

zepscoda: 8-6

in_the_evening: 7-7

Walter: 7-7

Group total: 132-64 67.3%

Average score: 9.43-4.57

14-0 clean sweep pick: Carolina over Indianapolis

0-14 loser pick: Atlanta (lost to Tampa Bay)

Season Standings After 119 Games

1. apantherfrommd: 81-38****

2. Bong-Man: 79-40***

3. jb126: 78-41*

4. ebk: 75-44** 

4. paul carruthers: 75-44*

5. zepscoda: 74-44*

6. Anjin-san: 73-46**

6. Strider: 73-46*

6. Walter: 73-46

7. jabe: 69-50*

8. in_the_evening: 66-53*