2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

On June 13, 2016 at 2:35 AM, redrum said:

Yay, SF! 2 out of 3 from L.A.

I really like Bumgardner.  Its hard not to like him.  When  I get to SF to see my Orioles play them, I am hoping its his turn in the rotation?  But that makes our job must more difficult I realize.   I am really looking forward to it.  I am going to try and get down to the Orioles dugout as my wife and i will be wearing our Orioles jerseys.  I want to get Terry Crowley's attention.  He will appreciate a Rochester, NY native being there to cheer them on.  He is my all time favorite Red Wing along with Bobby Grich.  I get to see my favorite team vs a great NL team, both are great teams in my opinion.  Davis should put one in McCovey cove for sure.  No rivalry between them of course.  The Orioles may not be there again for over a decade.  

Tonight we take on Mr Price again.  WE know him well as they know Tillman.  We need to kick their ass

Gee whiz!!! No St Louis Cardinal or NY Mets posts today ?  Gee what happened?  No bullshit about how inept my Orioles are?  Just happen to lead the bigs in HRS.  No biggie.  There is not a guy in this lineup that cant go deep.  Kick ass!!!!!!

I see the Yankees did not get a warm welcome in Colorado?  I must admit that score did surprise me a bit

On 6/14/2016 at 8:51 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I really like Bumgardner.  Its hard not to like him.  When  I get to SF to see my Orioles play them, I am hoping its his turn in the rotation?  But that makes our job must more difficult I realize.   I am really looking forward to it.  I am going to try and get down to the Orioles dugout as my wife and i will be wearing our Orioles jerseys.  I want to get Terry Crowley's attention.  He will appreciate a Rochester, NY native being there to cheer them on.  He is my all time favorite Red Wing along with Bobby Grich.  I get to see my favorite team vs a great NL team, both are great teams in my opinion.  Davis should put one in McCovey cove for sure.  No rivalry between them of course.  The Orioles may not be there again for over a decade.  

Tonight we take on Mr Price again.  WE know him well as they know Tillman.  We need to kick their ass

It should be a good series. You'll like the city, just try to avoid the Tenderloin and parts of Market St. It may also be cool and breezy so carry a jacket just in case.

Well, there isn't much for me to say that's different from my last few posts--the Mets offense right now is shit, and the hole in the NL East keeps getting deeper.

But--as always--it's a long season & maybe something could be done before the trade deadline to try & rejuvenate this lineup; at least I hope, anyway.

Baltimore is sitting pretty right now, but it's only a 1 game lead Rick, so don't get drunk celebrating that division title yet....  :P

6 hours ago, redrum said:

It should be a good series. You'll like the city, just try to avoid the Tenderloin and parts of Market St. It may also be cool and breezy so carry a jacket just in case.

Thanks. I welcome any advice you can toss my way.  How is that huge park?  The one Janis Joplin and all of the flower children of the 60s used to party in?  I sure would like to find a good twisted red tip joint to smoke driving up the PCH.  LOL>  I have not toked in some time.  So how is Union st?  I was going to go to the wharf district but the hotels were off the charts and i am spending big in San Diego and LA.  I think I trust Frisco more as far as the city.  I would like to do the Alcatrz tour to say I was in the birdmans cell.  He did do alot of good for birds.  And of course Morris's cell.  I want to take a peak and see if I could have done it in my prime.  I still believe with any floating device they made it.   Am I going to pay the same for a good Cabernet/Napa Valley there that I would pay here for it?  I like Fransican, Roth and pretty much all Cabs from the Valley.  Wieters just put one in the corner at Fenway.  I will be wearing his jersey.  I may stroll down to the O's dugout.  Say Hi to my boys.  LOL.  This game was 6-0 and is now 6-4.  Come on Orioles!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Thanks. I welcome any advice you can toss my way.  How is that huge park?  The one Janis Joplin and all of the flower children of the 60s used to party in?  I sure would like to find a good twisted red tip joint to smoke driving up the PCH.  LOL>  I have not toked in some time.  So how is Union st?  I was going to go to the wharf district but the hotels were off the charts and i am spending big in San Diego and LA.  I think I trust Frisco more as far as the city.  I would like to do the Alcatrz tour to say I was in the birdmans cell.  He did do alot of good for birds.  And of course Morris's cell.  I want to take a peak and see if I could have done it in my prime.  I still believe with any floating device they made it.   Am I going to pay the same for a good Cabernet/Napa Valley there that I would pay here for it?  I like Fransican, Roth and pretty much all Cabs from the Valley.  Wieters just put one in the corner at Fenway.  I will be wearing his jersey.  I may stroll down to the O's dugout.  Say Hi to my boys.  LOL.  This game was 6-0 and is now 6-4.  Come on Orioles!!!!!!!!!

Golden Gate Park?  It's lovely.   The Alcatraz tour is also fun.  You have a car...you should drive up to the Franciscan winery!  Or some winery anyway.  

And yeah...  Os made it a game.  We'll see how it finishes.

11 hours ago, ebk said:

Golden Gate Park?  It's lovely.   The Alcatraz tour is also fun.  You have a car...you should drive up to the Franciscan winery!  Or some winery anyway.  

And yeah...  Os made it a game.  We'll see how it finishes.

I would like to get to Napa Valley but doubt i will have time.  By the time I get to SF I will have driven half the state.  The busy half and the scenic route.  I hope thi kid Wilson pans out for us and does not get shelled early.

Oh my goodness, if we have not found us a hell of a  young arm in one Tyler Wilon!!!!!  Two hit shutout for 8 innings at Boston vs the big bad Red Sox and the Buck pulled him for Brach to finish the job.  Of course with two out, one David Ortiz had to ruin the party and kill the shut out.  I just do not like pullng pitchers who are on cruise control just to go by the book.  Buck hates to bunt also.  oh well, the man is a great mind in the dugout.  We come back home in first place.  How about that?

Up late getting ready for West coast baseball.  The Dodgers suck my cock.  Another ball smashed over the wall and two three teamer's I have going may go down in flames to the Milsquakee Brewers.  The Nationals are treating me kinder.  I have Detroit Tigers wheeled with Baltimore and Washington.  Of course Tigers and Orioles already won.  Go Nats.  And can the Dodgers rally from 3 down twice in one night?  Bastards

On 6/15/2016 at 6:49 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The Panhandle is where Golden Gate Park begins. Fell and Oak street run parallel to the Panhandle. (I was born on Fell St.) I went to most of the free shows in the Panhandle every weekend. You never knew who would show up and Jimi came there right after Monterey Pop. Union St. is cool and is in a ritzy part of town. My art teacher lived there. Fisherman's Wharf is fun. Also, Pier 39, Coit Tower and Ghirardelli Square. I've been to Alcatraz about 5 times and have been in Stroud's cell. The view of the city from there is beautiful. It used to be torture for the prisoners. Morris's cell is a highlight of the tour and if you look at the floor between the cell blocks you will see marks from hand grenades that the Marines tossed through holes in the roof during the 1946 escape attempt. Twin Peaks has a great view of the city and the Cliff House is also a good spot to visit. Upper Broadway also has a great view and that's where all the rich people live. The homes are amazing. I wasn't much into wine or the Napa Valley, but we did go see the Jack London museum in Glen Ellen.

The first place Texas Rangers are going to Saint Louis for a three game series against the Cardinals.  A rematch of the 2011 World Series, one of the greatest World Series in Baseball History. 

The Saint Louis Cardinals and everyone of their fans are a very respectful entity.  When David Freese took his first at bat in Saint Louis, now as a Pittsburgh Pirate, the Cardinals fans gave him a standing ovation.  This is why Saint Louis and its fervent fans is/are considered the best city for Baseball.  (My opinion, but also a sentiment stated by former MLB head, Bud Selig).  Very Classy!!!

On 6/17/2016 at 3:51 AM, kingzoso said:

The first place Texas Rangers are going to Saint Louis for a three game series against the Cardinals.  A rematch of the 2011 World Series, one of the greatest World Series in Baseball History. 

The Saint Louis Cardinals and everyone of their fans are a very respectful entity.  When David Freese took his first at bat in Saint Louis, now as a Pittsburgh Pirate, the Cardinals fans gave him a standing ovation.  This is why Saint Louis and its fervent fans is/are considered the best city for Baseball.  (My opinion, but also a sentiment stated by former MLB head, Bud Selig).  Very Classy!!!

Good game last night....Rugie with the only run in the game, then makes that bad ass 3rd out catch in the 9th to seal it up!

As I've been saying, it's still way to early in the season to get excited... But it's been a fun season to watch so far. ... I'm working on getting up to Wrigley for the Rangers / Cubs series next month, hopefully it works out! 

Zach Britton had me plenty worried with his wildness and I thought he was going to blow the save.  He came through and got Anderson, who I detest, to hit into a double play.  So now we are in first place a game up on Boston and two on Toronto.  I like our matchup tomorrow wth Chris Tillman at 9-1 going.   If he can get to 10-1 tomorrow, he has to be n the running for the Cy Young early on.  But the bigger concern is to keep winning and stay on top.   Go O's

Another sweet win over the Blue Jays who I hate equally with KC.  Asshole manager called a review on a routine double play questioning if Schoop's foot touched the bag.  It did.  Prick.   WE must fly to Texas for a make up game in Dallas tomorrow and the fly right back to play SD.  The last 3 game of Manny Machado's suspension.  Tomorrow no doubt the toughest vs the red hot Rangers.  The two top teams in the American league go at it. 

As  I struggle through this Dodgers game wondering how they can be down 1-0 to the awful Brewers, it is astounding that Vin Skully has been announcing their games for 67 years, going back 8 years before I was born.  Great man.  I hope he stays at it just like our own Rick Jeanorette of the Sabres who is in his own right a legend also.  Vin Skully is a class act all the way.  I look forward to the Orioles playing out there and I will likely watch the Dodgers feed for that.  

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Another sweet win over the Blue Jays who I hate equally with KC.  Asshole manager called a review on a routine double play questioning if Schoop's foot touched the bag.  It did.  Prick.   WE must fly to Texas for a make up game in Dallas tomorrow and the fly right back to play SD.  The last 3 game of Manny Machado's suspension.  Tomorrow no doubt the toughest vs the red hot Rangers.  The two top teams in the American league go at it. 

As  I struggle through this Dodgers game wondering how they can be down 1-0 to the awful Brewers, it is astounding that Vin Skully has been announcing their games for 67 years, going back 8 years before I was born.  Great man.  I hope he stays at it just like our own Rick Jeanorette of the Sabres who is in his own right a legend also.  Vin Skully is a class act all the way.  I look forward to the Orioles playing out there and I will likely watch the Dodgers feed for that.  

I can't wait for tomorrow night's game...1 game....doesn't happen that often...and the 2 hottest teams on the AL...as soon as the Rangers line up is posted tomorrow afternoon, I'll post it.

On 6/19/2016 at 2:30 PM, redrum said:

It was nice to see Lincecum back on the mound for the Angels. They must have made him cut his hair.

GO GIANTS!!

His hair has been shorter for at least a month, while he was trying to get a Major League deal.

Archived