2016 NFL Thread

Walter

4 hours ago, California Evermore said:

I think it's sad, too.  Like the Raiders, I like it when San Fran is competitive.  They have some really good players.  They need to finish these games. 

The Niners always prided themselves on a strong defense. Not the case these past 3 games. Losing Bowman is a killer. Reminds me of the '76 season when the Niners were winning and Cedrick Hardman broke his ankle. The wheels fell off after that.

Once you go Dak, you never go back! ?? 

Come back on the road, from a 14 point deficit, with no Dez, missing 2/5 the starting o-line, the #1 defensive back, rookie qb, etc.....

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!!!  

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer: 

7 hours ago, Strider said:

I had great luck betting against them in 1974, 1975, and 1976. 

You cannot compare Fran Tarkenton's squad to this one.  You are referring to your Raiders Super Bowl win I assume?  The 70s have no relevance here Strider and you know it.  I suppose you will be picking on the Rams next?  I hope they play the Raiders.  But I know they do not.  The Rams are far tougher than people expected

On 10/4/2016 at 5:10 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

You cannot compare Fran Tarkenton's squad to this one.  You are referring to your Raiders Super Bowl win I assume?  The 70s have no relevance here Strider and you know it.  I suppose you will be picking on the Rams next?  I hope they play the Raiders.  But I know they do not.  The Rams are far tougher than people expected

Just taking the piss, Rick. Dolphins in 1974. Steelers in 1975. Raiders in 1977. Took those sucker Viking fan's money.

Oh...and if we are talking relelancy, remind me how many Super Bowls the Vikings have been in lately? The Raiders have at least been to one in this century. The Vikings haven't done doodly-squat since the 1970s and you know it. Denny Green's squad choked against the Falcons in 1998, blowing their best chance at a Super Bowl.

As for the Rams, I could not care less. I never liked them growing up. I started watching football in 1968. The Rams left L.A. for Anaheim around 1980-81. They were in Saint Louis from 1995-2015. Which means I watched them play more games as the Saint Louis Rams than as the L.A. Rams.

Put the Rams back in Saint Louis.

7 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Seriously...

http://www.sfgate.com/raiders/article/Raiders-fans-charged-Ravens-fan-clinging-9685281.php

Keep wavin' that Raider Nation flag high and proud

First of all, all teams have their fair share of knucklehead fans. That is one reason why I no longer desire to attend football games in person. Too many drunk idiots to deal with. I certainly would never expose a family to such an abusive environment.

As to your attempt to paint this as a smear on the Raiders, I notice you don't share the complete story. The incident started when Bauer threw a beer bottle at one of the Raider fans, hitting him in the head. It is regrettable Bauer is now in a hospital but he is not without fault in this incident.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

First of all, all teams have their fair share of knucklehead fans. That is one reason why I no longer desire to attend football games in person. Too many drunk idiots to deal with. I certainly would never expose a family to such an abusive environment.

As to your attempt to paint this as a smear on the Raiders, I notice you don't share the complete story. The incident started when Bauer threw a beer bottle at one of the Raider fans, hitting him in the head. It is regrettable Bauer is now in a hospital but he is not without fault in this incident.

Sometimes Sean you bewilder me.   I just do not get you?  Some LA guy you are.   The Raiders?  No Cal?  Why?  Is it the image?  The bad boy image?  I wish they played the Bills.  I really do   The Rams are turning the corner. I am not  a big fan of Jeff Fisher.  But he is like Cowher with motivation skills but lacks the deep knowledge of schemes.  so far though, he has passed the test.  The Rams belong in LA.  Like the Browns in Cleveland and the Colts always belonged in Baltimore.  I used to like the old Baltimore Colts.  Back in 68.  And those purple people eater Vikings that also got fucked when they put the Super Bowl on Astro Turf and indoors, taking them out of their element.  That was a joke.  And why does the Super Bowl have to be played in a warm environment?  It goes against the very essence of football and the way its perceived.  Who didn't love watching those old games in the snow and mud?  You are right there.  Go get a ticket to  see the Bills while they are in town.  Its a very rare visit.  It wont happen again perhaps for 12-25 years.

48 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Tonight's game will probably suck & I was thinking about switching my pick, but even without Palmer, if the Cards can't beat Blaine Gabbert they deserve whatever they get....

I heard Palmer is out?  I still can't take SF  With their current situation but they seem to be OK on defense?   I went with Minnesota on one of my Eliminator contests and Pittsburgh on the other.  The more important one is Minnesota.  I think Houston is lucky to be 3-1 and are not 3-1 good.  I will be shocked if the Vikings lose.  And I cant see Fitzpatrick going into Pittsburgh and winning either.  As for the Bills, I think the key in that game will be our seconddary which has been good.  They may get a couple picks vs the Rams.  And with McCoy, I like their chances.  I will cheer for the Rams in the rest of their games, just not this one.  After that we have a couple of games we should win before Tom terrific comes to town.   I am not buying into those that think he will eat us up.  Our secondary is tough.  He will be rushed as Darues is back this weekend.  Hughes has been a monster.   

16 hours ago, Strider said:

I guess we can pretend Raider Nation doesn't have the premier documented, well-earned reputation for NFL fan specific drunken, violent, stupidity. If you want.

Being a fan means you own the bad and the good. I would't try to candy coat 4 Super Bowl losses, Les Steckel, Randy Moss (ugh), the 2000 NFC title game...

I'm a little surprised you chose to rationalize and justify this behavior and the outcome.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

I may be going to the Bills @ Rams game this Sunday. Details to come.

Don't do it!  NFL games suck in person.

And separately, why is anyone watching this dog of a game tonight when there's Playoff Baseball on!!!!!!!

15 hours ago, ebk said:

Don't do it!  NFL games suck in person.

And separately, why is anyone watching this dog of a game tonight when there's Playoff Baseball on!!!!!!!

Stop that Esther!!!!  You are dead wrong on this one.  You can see things that you cannot see on TV.  Its great to be there.  In Buffalo anyway.   In Baltimore, probably not so much as they do not have half the tradition.  the Rams do.  This is a very rare matchup.  And a very tough game to gauge.  Two teams on the rise.  Go get em STrider you Raiders maniac.  Just leave your Raiders jersey at home.  That guys post above is funny.  You are stereotyped as a freakin hell raisin, bad boy!  might as well paint your face and get a dozen tatts with skulls on them.  Raider nation.  Ha.  As for being mocked by losing 4 Super Bowls, try losing 4 in a row!

OMG   McCoy, our star running back has a hand injury in practice and is questionable?  Are you kidding me?  Stupid Rex Ryan.  I am sure he will play but give me a break

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

On 10/6/2016 at 4:54 PM, Badgeholder Still said:

I'm a little surprised you chose to rationalize and justify this behavior and the outcome.

Neither rationalizing nor justifying...just pointing out a fact you chose to leave out.