What sort of Computer do you have ?

coogeeboy

At home I have a barely adequate 2.1 ghz with 512 ram, 120 G hd running XP.

Of course I want a new one, but next to that i want to drop 2G of ram - that oughtta loosen it up a bit.

At WORK, however (where this forum is block'd dammit :lolo: - I work at an Army base, no Youtube, Myspace and many many other sites that are block'd) I have a beast of a machine. But I had to fight for it, the computer team insisted I didn't need such a mammoth setup, but I won out!

Dell XPS 690 Precision workstation, DUAL Xeon 3.83 Ghz dual-core processors, 2 150Gb 15K rpm SAS hard drives in RAID-0 (striped like gamers), 1000 watt power supply, 4g RAM (XP only recognizes just over 3G of RAM, and we haven't gone to vista yet) 256 Mb NVIDIA GeForce graphics card, dual flat panel monitors, and my absolute favorite-est toy of all, a 9x12 Wacom Intuos III tablet. Yah, I'mma graphic artist, so I need the horsepower! :lolo:

The downside?

Coming home to this yugo after spending the day in a ferrari :lolo:

lucky I have a Dell that's pushing four years of age..... I finally got internet for it about a month ago. I think I need a new hard drive as my music has taken up most of what remained after the games :lol:

I used to have a freakin' old computer that I got when I was 4 and had until… August. It never ever had internet. Wonder why I joined in August? :lol:

I suck at keeping this computer running! I had so many Jimmy pics on it that I only had 32 MB of space left! :wacko:

I'm emptying the trash again… only 3,773 more things to go :blush:

I used to have a freakin' old computer that I got when I was 4 and had until… August. It never ever had internet. Wonder why I joined in August? :lol:

I suck at keeping this computer running! I had so many Jimmy pics on it that I only had 32 MB of space left! :wacko:

Once a computer is 75% full or more, it doesn't run very efficiantly. You could get an external hard drive to store your pictures on. Just get what you can afford. You can get 500 GB of storage for around 100 US dollars.

You could also get a flash drive for storage. 2 GB flash drive for around 20 bucks.

Edited by tyedye

haha. Despite its age my computer doesn't do too bad except for space...... but wow that's one old computer you had though :blink: . Reminds me of the days when I would sit at the old family computer and grin when I heard "You've Got Mail".... gee how I don't miss that :hysterical: :hysterical:

holy crap how big's your hard drive?

Once a computer is 75% full or more, it doesn't run very efficiantly. You could get an external hard drive to store your pictures on. Just get what you can afford. You can get 500 GB of storage for around 100 US dollars.

You could also get a flash drive for storage. 2 GB flash drive for around 20 bucks.

Thanks, I'll look at those. I used to have a flash drive, but it disappeared somewhere.

I just checked -- I have 737 MB so I'm doing considerably better.

Oh, and Josh -- my hard drive has (when it's not full) 2 GB of storage space…

Edited by zoso13zeppelin

I'm screwed then I have a 40 gig hard drive and 36 lovely gigabytes currently have a home in various files that reside in my computer :hysterical:

Thanks, I'll look at those. I used to have a flash drive, but it disappeared somewhere.

I just checked -- I have 737 MB so I'm doing considerably better.

Oh, and Josh -- my hard drive has (when it's not full) 2 GB of storage space…

2 gig? ouch no wonder man that stinks... I thought 40 gig was small haha

Edited by achilleslaststand77

I'm screwed then I have a 40 gig hard drive and 36 lovely gigabytes currently have a home in various files that reside in my computer :hysterical:

2 gig? ouch no wonder man that stinks... I thought 40 gig was small haha

No wait, that wasn't right. I checked the wrong screen :ph34r: I have 150 GB.

and with all the pics I had 32 MB… that's bad.

good grief 150 gig and only 32 mb left??

Pardon me while I faint hah

must have been huge files....... and like 1,000 of them too

I actually have 3000+ Jimmy pics and I write A LOT. So that coudl have been part of it.

It's kind of insane. And I still only have a tiny bit. I don't know why the hell I have so little space…………………

MUSIC! That's it, I bet. But I will never delete my music. No.

I actually have 3000+ Jimmy pics and I write A LOT. So that coudl have been part of it.

It's kind of insane. And I still only have a tiny bit. I don't know why the hell I have so little space…………………

MUSIC! That's it, I bet. But I will never delete my music. No.

wow sounds awesome but extremely large

How much music do you have?

Games take up a lot too