Deep Lyric Meanings

Jess

This song (along with '10 Years Gone') has been haunting me, so I looked up the lyrics to try and find out what it's trying to tell me. After studing it, I found that the meaning is really hard to interpret, as is several if not all of Zeppelin's songs. Please help me out! 8D

• 2 weeks later...
The meaning of All My Love isn't that hard. It's about Robert's young son, Karac, who passed away.

Thanks!! Thats all I needed! I just got confused on who Plant meant by "He" and stuff in the song. Just didn't know the history of it. :D

yeah he died while Zeppelin was touring the US in 77.... that's why what was left of the tour was canceled and Robert retreated into seclusion for the next year or so

Actually his son died in 1980 I remember because I had tickets to see them in New Orleans that May and 3 days before the show date they cancelled the show and in september John died an that was that.

Actually his son died in 1980 I remember because I had tickets to see them in New Orleans that May and 3 days before the show date they cancelled the show and in september John died an that was that.

No, really, that was in 77. :blink:

It was on July 26, 1977 I think. They cancelled that show because of the death. When they checked into the hotel there was a message waiting for Robert, he said he'd take it when he got to his room. Upon arriving to his room he got the message that Karac had died and he needed to get home.

And Jess, Ten Years Gone is about a girl who told Robert it was her or the music.

It was on July 26, 1977 I think. They cancelled that show because of the death. When they checked into the hotel there was a message waiting for Robert, he said he'd take it when he got to his room. Upon arriving to his room he got the message that Karac had died and he needed to get home.

And Jess, Ten Years Gone is about a girl who told Robert it was her or the music.

Really? well thanks! i will look into that and study it some more. 8D

I've always thought that the lyrics were an allusion to the three Fates controlling destiny and spinning the thread of life. My interpretation is that there is quest to come to terms with what fate has brought. Am I truly in control of my own destiny? What is my reaction if I am or if I am not? Regardless, the best I can do is face my destiny with strength and humility.

Like any good song the lyrics transcend. The song has changed its meaning to me over the years. Where before the chorus was just a platitude, I now realize that to be able to devote all of your love to someone is not always the easiest the thing in the world to do. It is worth the while to declare it and acomplish it.

:oops:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstor...zeppelin/page/6

And they say the drugs are stronger today? I must have lost three years some where,

well I remember having tix for the New Orleans show and they had to cancel 3 days before show time when his son passed.

In that case, you probably had tix for the '77 Superdome show that was cancelled after Robert's son passed away.

I've always thought that the lyrics were an allusion to the three Fates controlling destiny and spinning the thread of life. My interpretation is that there is quest to come to terms with what fate has brought. Am I truly in control of my own destiny? What is my reaction if I am or if I am not? Regardless, the best I can do is face my destiny with strength and humility.

My thoughts exactly. More influenced by Norse mythology than Greek mythology , I viewed this from the perspective of the norns rather than the 3 fates...but the general idea is the same.

I'm so sorry for Robert. :console: (<wish I could do this)

First his son snd then his friend... That's probably why he doesn't want to tour again.

:huh::blink:

He's the only band member who has been touring regularly since they split.

But maybe he's just having bad memories of the last Led Zep tour...

I don't know, I only hope they will tour

I'm not quite sure what you're referring to. The band broke up when Bonzo passed and they all went their own ways because they felt they couldn't continue without him. As for touring now, well Robert has always been pretty forward moving in his career and doesn't seem to like to look back and do what he's done. Zep was in the past and perhaps in his mind, he wants to preserve the memories but he's focused on current things right now.

:huh::blink:

He's the only band member who has been touring regularly since they split.

Nope, so has John Paul Jones, he went back to doing what he used to do before Zeppelin, he doesnt really tour a whole lot but he works more with other musicians and helps produce their albums. Page toured a little bit, famous for the Black Crowe's tour, and from what he recently said he has been working on some music.

Nope, so has John Paul Jones, he went back to doing what he used to do before Zeppelin, he doesnt really tour a whole lot but he works more with other musicians and helps produce their albums. Page toured a little bit, famous for the Black Crowe's tour, and from what he recently said he has been working on some music.

As I said, touring REGULARLY. :rolleyes:

Archived