2017 NFL "potted plant" Memorial Pool

Strider

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:00 PM, Walter said:

What the fuck?

I’ll say it if nobody else will.  Get a grip, get a life, and grow the fuck up.  It’s a football picking thread on a rock bands’ forum.

My wife signed up using her email, on her phone and has made most of her posts on her phone, unless it was charging.  You really need to get a fuckin life.  

Good bye, Merry Christmas, and don’t bother to respond to me here or PM.  

✌🏼

No. Hang on a sec. You wished me years ago not to pm you, when you had mistakenly stated I cryptically posted about you. I have honored your wishes. I do have a life. In my recovery, I have made sure the children in the orphanage up the street had toys for Christmas. Orphans rule. Hey, it's not their fault. This is how I wish to spend my recovery time. I don't want any "atta-boy" on my back. I love children.

As for getting a grip, you didn't get a joke by a member of a competitive member of this pool. You "alerted" your wife that you were being "attacked"! Maybe that is partially my fault. Maybe that is from our past as well as present experiences.

I am truly sorry for any issues that have caused you serious mental health issues. Maybe it has made you paranoid to where you had thought that Rick's joke was serious. So I apologize to Rick as well for all that he has gone through on my account. I will be the scape goat for all and anything that Walter and Strider wish. ;) Strider, did you really have to say that I got the boot off a thread I never subscribed to in the past 2 years? C'mon. Why threaten Rick? He's a good guy? So are you.

I am not a prideful person. I love fun too much. Walter, I hope you and your wonderful family enjoy a wonderful peaceful comfortable 2018 and life ahead, full of fun, peace, but most of all, the best of good health to all of your family. I mean that sincerely.

I agree with Strider that life is too short. Waaay too short, isn't it? Look! I wish to get this out, as to not take away from whomever wins this contest this year. My issue was that the name of this thread be changed. Perhaps next year - The NFL 2018 Pool? I dunno. Your choice.

I have and do keep in contact with the survivors of potted plant. She would be proud of Dem Saints. Dem Who Dats. But would not wish to be associated with above and foremost anything taking away from the flag. She served her country. Potted Plant served her time in the Middle East - in Kuwait. She was working on a lawsuit. Blackwater - Fallujah incidents.

She loved her country and flag. These SJW kneelers in the NFL - would not be something she nor her family would wish her name be attributed. In her time of dying, she did NOT play roll to victim. I saw her when she was last on here in June, less then a month before she died. I will share this one time a private message from Brett. 

I never could quite get a handle on what is meant by "social justice." I agree that in most all circumstances, it is redistribution of income or "wealth." The false premise that this is based upon, as best as I can determine, is that equal opportunity is not enough. Equal outcomes is the agenda. Totally disregarding the reality that people are not equal. Equality under the law is not the same as equality in human society. Getting down to where the rubber meets the road, there will always be those who are ahead of us (individually) and those who will be behind us. People were not designed to be "equal." In order to achieve "equality" the heavy hand of the government has to step in and curtail liberty so that all can be "equal." It is a false and frustrating construct that historically has failed time and again.

Peace to everyone! Happy New Year!

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:00 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I had Miami for the record.  And also for the record Walter did not take it as a joke.  But I was joking as he did not have all 3 members picking from day 1 to my knowledge.  I could care less.  No money.  If this was for money I assure you I would be picking games with my head and not my heart.

On 12/26/2017 at 7:55 PM, Badgeholder Still said:

Interested in what that's based on. Take a peek here http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr and you'll see Dalton ranked 28th out of 31, 3 notches below Flacco. If Andy Dalton has proved anything, it's that he is consistently inconsistent and not destined for greatness. Bengal-wise I could hang my hopes on the likes of Carlos Dunlap, Giovani Bernard, Vontaze Burfict, AJ Green if he is backed with a decent game plan...But Dalton? No. AJ needs to hook up with an quality QB and offensive coordinator before his best years have passed him by...

Needing the Ravens to lose so your team can squeak into the playoffs only to be stomped unmercifully doesn't make Dalton a better QB than he really is. But by all means, let's hear more about next year!!!

No you will hear it now sucker.  TD Cincy.  Bills are in.  

5 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

No you will hear it now sucker.  TD Cincy.  Bills are in.  

Dalton delivered for the Bills. Too bad he couldn't do it for his own team.

Buffalo is alive for another week thanks to a 4th down 4th quarter TD by the Bengals. Be proud. And enjoy it while it lasts.

If things continue to go well for the Bills, they'll meet up with the Steelers. Who's gonna come to their rescue then?

5 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

No. Hang on a sec. You wished me years ago not to pm you, when you had mistakenly stated I cryptically posted about you. I have honored your wishes. I do have a life. In my recovery, I have made sure the children in the orphanage up the street had toys for Christmas. Orphans rule. Hey, it's not their fault. This is how I wish to spend my recovery time. I don't want any "atta-boy" on my back. I love children.

As for getting a grip, you didn't get a joke by a member of a competitive member of this pool. You "alerted" your wife that you were being "attacked"! Maybe that is partially my fault. Maybe that is from our past as well as present experiences.

I am truly sorry for any issues that have caused you serious mental health issues. Maybe it has made you paranoid to where you had thought that Rick's joke was serious. So I apologize to Rick as well for all that he has gone through on my account. I will be the scape goat for all and anything that Walter and Strider wish. ;) Strider, did you really have to say that I got the boot off a thread I never subscribed to in the past 2 years? C'mon. Why threaten Rick? He's a good guy? So are you.

I am not a prideful person. I love fun too much. Walter, I hope you and your wonderful family enjoy a wonderful peaceful comfortable 2018 and life ahead, full of fun, peace, but most of all, the best of good health to all of your family. I mean that sincerely.

I agree with Strider that life is too short. Waaay too short, isn't it? Look! I wish to get this out, as to not take away from whomever wins this contest this year. My issue was that the name of this thread be changed. Perhaps next year - The NFL 2018 Pool? I dunno. Your choice.

I have and do keep in contact with the survivors of potted plant. She would be proud of Dem Saints. Dem Who Dats. But would not wish to be associated with above and foremost anything taking away from the flag. She served her country. Potted Plant served her time in the Middle East - in Kuwait. She was working on a lawsuit. Blackwater - Fallujah incidents.

She loved her country and flag. These SJW kneelers in the NFL - would not be something she nor her family would wish her name be attributed. In her time of dying, she did NOT play roll to victim. I saw her when she was last on here in June, less then a month before she died. I will share this one time a private message from Brett. 

I never could quite get a handle on what is meant by "social justice." I agree that in most all circumstances, it is redistribution of income or "wealth." The false premise that this is based upon, as best as I can determine, is that equal opportunity is not enough. Equal outcomes is the agenda. Totally disregarding the reality that people are not equal. Equality under the law is not the same as equality in human society. Getting down to where the rubber meets the road, there will always be those who are ahead of us (individually) and those who will be behind us. People were not designed to be "equal." In order to achieve "equality" the heavy hand of the government has to step in and curtail liberty so that all can be "equal." It is a false and frustrating construct that historically has failed time and again.

Peace to everyone! Happy New Year!

Like I said, get a life.  I appreciate you respecting my request to not respond to me.  I know your need for someone to communicate with you is high.  Pick another forum, or person.  Maybe kipper or somebody else will give you the time and attention you desire.  Not me.

4 hours ago, Walter said:

Like I said, get a life.  I appreciate you respecting my request to not respond to me.  I know your need for someone to communicate with you is high.  Pick another forum, or person.  Maybe kipper or somebody else will give you the time and attention you desire.  Not me.

Got my own life, my lady, and I check out this forum once or twice a month. I reply if I'm addressed.

Have a great 2018. Stay healthy, Chuck.

12 hours ago, Strider said:

All right, quickly the numbers boil down to this...a three-way tie for first with Bong-Man, the chase and myself finishing 175-81 (I think we beat all of CBS football experts).

By way of the tiebreaker, Bong-Man and the chase each won three weeks while I only won one week. So that eliminates me.

Now, are you guys content to finish tied for first or do you want to use the College Playoff games tomorrow to break the tie?

If so, give me your picks and predicted score for tomorrow's Rose Bowl (Georgia vs. Oklahoma) and Sugar Bowl (Clemson vs. Alabama).

First of all, a Happy New Year to everyone !  "Let's hope it's a good one, without any fear"

Second....A special thanks to you Strider for running the pool in what became a strange and tedious year.  Your efforts and patience this year were greatly appreciated, and beyond the call of duty.

Third....congrats to Chase & yourself for the 17th week rally to achieve 1st place !  I never joined the 49ers resurgence in the last few weeks and paid the price.  It would have helped my cause if one of the top seeds in the NFL could have scored a point this week !  :black_eye: 

Fourth, I'm not accepting your theory of self-elimination from a 3-way season tie in any shape or form.  Chase & I may have won more weeks, but that just means you did better than us during the tougher weeks when we didn't win (like this week), or there wouldn't be a tie.  I also don't think it's fair to use any College games for what was strictly an NFL pool.  JMO  

In short, I've got two older sisters and have kissed them both.  It ain't so bad.  

Thanks again Sean !!  :drinks:

12 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Buffalo is alive for another week thanks to a 4th down 4th quarter TD by the Bengals. Be proud. And enjoy it while it lasts.

If things continue to go well for the Bills, they'll meet up with the Steelers. Who's gonna come to their rescue then?

Yeah, realistically I do believe we can beat Jacksonville.  But it would sure help to have McCoy available.  He is our best player.  I am pretty sure the ride would end in Pittsburgh if that is who we draw?  But they have one huge weakness.  Their secondary sucks.  And I mean sucks.

2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

First of all, a Happy New Year to everyone !  "Let's hope it's a good one, without any fear"

Second....A special thanks to you Strider for running the pool in what became a strange and tedious year.  Your efforts and patience this year were greatly appreciated, and beyond the call of duty.

Third....congrats to Chase & yourself for the 17th week rally to achieve 1st place !  I never joined the 49ers resurgence in the last few weeks and paid the price.  It would have helped my cause if one of the top seeds in the NFL could have scored a point this week !  :black_eye: 

Fourth, I'm not accepting your theory of self-elimination from a 3-way season tie in any shape or form.  Chase & I may have won more weeks, but that just means you did better than us during the tougher weeks when we didn't win (like this week), or there wouldn't be a tie.  I also don't think it's fair to use any College games for what was strictly an NFL pool.  JMO  

In short, I've got two older sisters and have kissed them both.  It ain't so bad.  

Thanks again Sean !!  :drinks:

Same here. Three way tie works for me too.  Congratulations Bong-Man and Strider. It was fun.  Besides, I’d get clobbered with College ball. Happy New Year!!

Thanks Sean for your hard work all year.  And to Paul who is also helping as far as I know.  Sorry to all of you whose teams did not make it.  Both of mine did!  EBK, did you watch in horror that play by the Bengals?    Much good came from it.  Donations to very good cause's and the best fans in the world got something to cheer about.  In football anyway. And I will say Cleveland fans are great too and have suffered even more than the Bills if you can imagine.  We left the Seattle Mariners with the longest playoff drought they say.  I sure cannot remember the last time Cleveland made it.  But I will take it at its word.  Go Bills.  Doug Marone, we are coming down there and we mean business!!!:freezing::elvis2:

Apologies for taking so long to post the final numbers. Basically, I have been recreating the "cold turkey withdrawal" scene in "Christiane F." the past few days.

Congratulations jabe! You won the final week of the season...and the Crimson Tide are back in the CF National Championship game. :cheer:

Thanks Bong-Man and the chase for your spirit of sharing. Congratulations on a well-played season!

To ALL of the participants go my thanks and gratitude. The more the merrier I always say and without your weekly participation this would not nearly be as much fun. Mrs.W reigns in the Walter household.

The Playoff Pool thread will be up shortly.

Week 17 Results

jabe: 12-4*

LedZeppfan77: 11-5

the chase: 10-6

Strider: 10-6

ebk: 9-7

Junior: 9-7

Bong-Man: 8-8

Walter: 8-8

zepscoda: 8-8

Mrs. W: 7-9

paul carruthers: 6-10

Final Season Standings 

1. Bong-Man: 175-81***

1. the chase: 175-81***

1. Strider: 175-81*

2. Mrs.W: 167-89*

3. ebk: 166-90***

4. Junior: 164-92***

5. jabe: 157-99**

5. Walter: 157-99

6. zepscoda: 151-105*

7. LedZeppfan77: 148-108*

8. paul carruthers: 121-119*

Many thanks for your participation and if I don't see y'all in the Playoff Pool, see you next season! 🏈

18 hours ago, Strider said:

Apologies for taking so long to post the final numbers. Basically, I have been recreating the "cold turkey withdrawal" scene in "Christiane F." the past few days.

Congratulations jabe! You won the final week of the season...and the Crimson Tide are back in the CF National Championship game. :cheer:

Thanks Bong-Man and the chase for your spirit of sharing. Congratulations on a well-played season!

To ALL of the participants go my thanks and gratitude. The more the merrier I always say and without your weekly participation this would not nearly be as much fun. Mrs.W reigns in the Walter household.

Week 17 Results

Final Season Standings 

Many thanks for your participation and if I don't see y'all in the Playoff Pool, see you next season! 🏈

AH the humiliation

On 12/31/2017 at 9:48 PM, Badgeholder Still said:

Bills cannot play Steelers.  After we dispose of Jax we go up to New England to whip us some ass!!!!!

Unless its the AFC title game.  The Bills have never lost an AFC championship game

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2018 at 10:15 PM, Strider said:

Week 17 Results

Final Season Standings 

Forgot to check the final standings...holy crap a three-way tie!  Congrats to the three new winners!  Thanks for another fun season, Sean! 

On 2/8/2018 at 2:45 PM, Walter said:

Forgot to check the final standings...holy crap a three-way tie!  Congrats to the three new winners!  Thanks for another fun season, Sean! 

Thank you. 

Which reminds me...Bong-Man, pm me your snail mail addy for your prize.

Archived