people who hate led zep

NewYardbirds

:notworthy::notworthy:^_^ what is it with people who dont like led zep i mean how do u not see the greatness in them

cuz i was on you tube a few days ago whatch'n a zeppelin video and i read the comments below

this guy said why does everyone luv them sooo much i hate them!!!it makes me want to go slap some since into them you know!!!

ugh

:notworthy::notworthy:^_^ what is it with people who dont like led zep i mean how do u not see the greatness in them

cuz i was on you tube a few days ago whatch'n a zeppelin video and i read the comments below

this guy said why does everyone luv them sooo much i hate them!!!it makes me want to go slap some since into them you know!!!

ugh

People on the internet are stupid.....

Jack White said he doesn't trust anyone who doesn't like Led Zeppelin. I agree - you can tell a lot from a person by what their tastes are. If someone doesn't like Zep, our souls fundamentally cannot conntect, I believe

well there are different reasons not to like them.

for instance, if you've never heard their music or if your culture doesn't really propel their music then your chances of liking them are slim.

but if you mean people who are familiar with rock music and culture and don't like Led Zeppelin or hate them for whatever reason, perhaps a trip to the past is in order.

Led Zeppelin was really freaking good (and still are apparently). I think this made other artists kind of envious. I think this best shows up in the punk era.

Led Zeppelin was so good that no other bands could compare to them. In a weird way, I think Led Zeppelin was too good. I think Led Zeppelin made it really hard for other rock acts to get started, because the new acts were up against something they couldn't match up against.

It's kind of like why people hate Wal-Mart. It's this juggernaut that is super efficient and turns a profit. It's something everyone is trying to do, and it prevents smaller stores from being successful.

If people don't want to like Led Zeppelin, they don't have to. There's nothing wrong with people who don't like Led Zeppelin, the same as there's nothing wrong with people who do. You shouldn't want to slap anyone because they don't like a particular band.

If people don't want to like Led Zeppelin, they don't have to. There's nothing wrong with people who don't like Led Zeppelin, the same as there's nothing wrong with people who do. You shouldn't want to slap anyone because they don't like a particular band.

I took his question to mean "what are some reasons that people wouldn't like Led Zeppelin".

I often wonder "how could you not?" and I think that is literally his question.

seriously!.....

Do we really have to psychoanalyze people who don't get into Led Zeppelin?

People fundamentally dislike many things for whatever irrational meaning, including ourselves.

And we tend to like many things for the same reasons.

People on the internet are stupid.....

Jack White said he doesn't trust anyone who doesn't like Led Zeppelin. I agree - you can tell a lot from a person by what their tastes are. If someone doesn't like Zep, our souls fundamentally cannot conntect, I believe

I've never had this problem....

Oh c'mon, people simply have different tastes. Led Zeppelin is a great band, but I find it quite understandable that it just cannot be everyone's cup of coffee. People who ask such questions as 'OMG how can someone possibly like them' are no worse than those who cannot unerstand that simply does not like this kind of music.

seriously!.....

People fundamentally dislike many things for whatever irrational meaning, including ourselves.

I agree Sam. My husband hates them. I knew he hated them from our first date because he told me. I thought it was strange and unusual because I never heard anyone ever say they hated Led Zeppelin before. I guess I can relate it to when I tell people that I don't like peanut butter. They freak out on me and treat me like I'm some kind of creature from another planet. Why? Why? they want to know. I just don't.

I've never had this problem....

Oh c'mon, people simply have different tastes. Led Zeppelin is a great band, but I find it quite understandable that it just cannot be everyone's cup of coffee. People who ask such questions as 'OMG how can someone possibly like them' are no worse than those who cannot unerstand that simply does not like this kind of music.

I was being sarcastic.....but I can see both sides here, when you passionately love something, and someone else doesn't, it can be confronting.

On the other hand, I think a lot of people who don't like Led Zep have never really LISTENED to the music. They have heard the hype and exclude themselves because they think they aren't the kind of person who would like that kind of music. But the fact is, Zep's music is extremely diverse, not just 'heavy metal' whatever that is, and has a strong blues/folk influence and many acoustic songs. I know people who thought they wouldn't like Zeppelin, then you play them some and all of a sudden they become converted. People who were die-hard rap/hip-hop fans (tell them Jimmy played with Diddy) and also people who were around in the 70s but shied away from the band's reputation. I have found that the music will win them over.

I agree Sam. My husband hates them. I knew he hated them from our first date because he told me. I thought it was strange and unusual because I never heard anyone ever say they hated Led Zeppelin before. I guess I can relate it to when I tell people that I don't like peanut butter. They freak out on me and treat me like I'm some kind of creature from another planet. Why? Why? they want to know. I just don't.

On the flip side of the coin, it gets to the point where obsession just makes me sick.

There are many people here whose obsession with Zeppelin is plain silly, and I have to say, quite embarrassing.

There are some legitimate posters, but others have a juvenile obsession with meaningless trivialities.

Well, bound to find them on a site solely dedicated to one subject.

ugh

Fa'get 'em,dontcha worry we gonna slap a lotta since into 'em,jus fa you,yeah.

Yes, we do. Understanding is a human need.

Feelings! Weeeeeee.

Feelings are usually irrational because they escape reason to some extent. But music is mostly in the realm of feelings. While there is a certain logic to music, there is still an unknown feeling factor. This feeling factor is based on a person's life experience and knowledge, also known as their culture

People who ask such questions as 'OMG how can someone possibly like them' are no worse than those who cannot unerstand that simply does not like this kind of music.

Yeah I think so. Because both are failures to recognize inherent cultural differences.

I think a lot of people who don't like Led Zep have never really LISTENED to the music. They have heard the hype and exclude themselves because they think they aren't the kind of person who would like that kind of music.

This is a good point. I know there are a few TV shows I don't watch because some people are just too strong in liking it. This person will hysterically say:

"OMG you have to watch 24, it is sooo good"

It's the same with movies too. Like this:

"OMG you haven't seen Star Wars yet, are you crazy? That movie is so great!"

So what happens is that the people who are huge fans, tend to over do it when they try to introduce a possible new fan to Led Zeppelin, or anything really. This can possibly create an exact opposite feeling that the fan wanted them to have. Hatred, disdain, dislike, or whatever. Because the original fan was so obsessive and overly forward, they blew it for the new fan.

But the fact is, Zep's music is extremely diverse, not just 'heavy metal' whatever that is, and has a strong blues/folk influence and many acoustic songs.

To be more general, I call this "Misconceptions about the source material"

I know people who thought they wouldn't like Zeppelin, then you play them some and all of a sudden they become converted. People who were die-hard rap/hip-hop fans (tell them Jimmy played with Diddy) and also people who were around in the 70s but shied away from the band's reputation. I have found that the music will win them over.

It's hard to get someone to listen to music with an open mind, especially because of the cultural implications I talked about earlier.

I can't believe this has been answered so many times,it's obviously just a shit-stirring tactic.

I don't think that was their intention. I don't see why you are surprised. This is the newbie forum, right?

Yes, we do. Understanding is a human need.

Feelings! Weeeeeee.

Feelings are usually irrational because they escape reason to some extent. But music is mostly in the realm of feelings. While there is a certain logic to music, there is still an unknown feeling factor. This feeling factor is based on a person's life experience and knowledge, also known as their culture

Yeah I think so. Because both are failures to recognize inherent cultural differences.

This is a good point. I know there are a few TV shows I don't watch because some people are just too strong in liking it. This person will hysterically say:

"OMG you have to watch 24, it is sooo good"

It's the same with movies too. Like this:

"OMG you haven't seen Star Wars yet, are you crazy? That movie is so great!"

So what happens is that the people who are huge fans, tend to over do it when they try to introduce a possible new fan to Led Zeppelin, or anything really. This can possibly create an exact opposite feeling that the fan wanted them to have. Hatred, disdain, dislike, or whatever. Because the original fan was so obsessive and overly forward, they blew it for the new fan.

To be more general, I call this "Misconceptions about the source material"

It's hard to get someone to listen to music with an open mind, especially because of the cultural implications I talked about earlier.

I don't think that was their intention. I don't see why you are surprised. This is the newbie forum, right?

Love them or hate them... THEY STILL ROCK!!! :)

Peace, GAC64

I agree. There's no need to argue about the taste in music and I also think we shouldn't judge or even slap people for it.

However, I'm wondering why people who hate a particular band don't have better things to do than spamming their videos :blink::rolleyes:

I have grown up with Led Zeppelin, I can honestly say

I could not imagine my life without them, the beautiful

music they made,has made my life better,their music

is both inspirational, and exceptionally beautiful. The people

who say they hate them do not understand, the beauty of

their songs,and the lovely words they contain. I feel sorry

for people like that, and I am glad I am not one of them.

People who hate Zeppelin. The world is so sad. Don't trust them. Just kidding, unless you want to. What bugs me more then people who don't like them, is people constantly say it. I have a friend like this, and she looks just like Robert Plant. I usually say something like Shut up Percy. She doesn't get it, but it's funny. Back to the point of my post. They can't hate them if they go and post stuff about them. That just requires more effort then needed about a band you don't like.

ugh

they are just f*****.... i don't care about some st.upid guys who think that...

And whit a slap is not enough...

Yes, we do. Understanding is a human need

You silly boy!

Please open your texts to page 312, chapter 11; 'The human desire to know why people don't like Led Zeppelin'.

Feelings! Weeeeeee.

Well fine, a general overview of feelings but this isn't what I'm talking about.

To be precise, I am talking about double standards.

No offence to anyone, but it's really silly to argue over personal tastes. What is the measure of validity? Album sales? Does the number of people who like something negate those who prefer another flavor? I love sushi. My girlfriend hates it and would rather have McDonalds. To each their own.

Archived