Happy New Year.

spats

No one wants a gold digger. Any man/woman after the other person's money only, is a bankrupt human being in all the ways that really matter. If the person loves you for who you are, even if you had not 2 nickels to rub together, that's the best kind.

AMEN. That was my point entirely. B)

Octogan did not say whether she was interested in him the same way though. He just said he liked her. So there is no guarantee he would have hooked up with her. Again, i can't stand the thought process that it's the guys' job to move fast enough. The dude should not blame himself.

Now he'll never know, will he?

No one wants a gold digger. Any man/woman after the other person's money only, is a bankrupt human being in all the ways that really matter. If the person loves you for who you are, even if you had not 2 nickels to rub together, that's the best kind.

I agree with you ideally. But I don't think i have ever met a girl who didn't care how much money a guy had though. Are poor guys in high demand? :blink::D

I agree with you ideally. But I don't think i have ever met a girl who didn't care how much money a guy had though. Are poor guys in high demand? :blink::D

I've met many a good lady that didn't give a flying fuck about the money. As long as you work hard at making something of yourself and be proud of who you are, then you should have no problem.

If she hesitates because you don't have a six-figure income, she's not worth your time. Not even one second.

Dude, you really gotta expand those horizons. B)

I've met many a good lady that didn't give a flying fuck about the money. As long as you work hard at making something of yourself and be proud of who you are, then you should have no problem.

If she hesitates because you don't have a six-figure income, she's not worth your time. Not even one second.

Dude, you really gotta expand those horizons. B)

I am not talking about me. I am doing okay. All the rent and other bills get paid. :D Never going to be rich though.

I didn't mean the women all wanted a guy who is rich but i don't know many who are looking for a guy who is scraping by either.

Edited by spats

Well, as a woman, it's not so much if a guy has boatloads of money or not, it's whether or not he is able to support himself. Because I don't want to have to support him. Especially when guys tend to earn higher wages than females. I really don't care if he is an investment banker or a janitor! Just as long as he does SOMETHING with his life.

Well, as a woman, it's not so much if a guy has boatloads of money or not, it's whether or not he is able to support himself. Because I don't want to have to support him. Especially when guys tend to earn higher wages than females. I really don't care if he is an investment banker or a janitor! Just as long as he does SOMETHING with his life.

Yeah, I agree with this. I'm sure no guy wants a woman who doesn't work and support herself.....I would imagine most women don't want the same kind of man. Oh, and it has to be a legal job. No selling drugs or anything of that nature.

Mark Spatner doesn't like me.

- Mark Spatner doesn't like you?

You're crazy!

No, he shows absolutely

no interest in me.

Mark Spatner is definitely somebody

you'd have to make the first move with.

Linda, I did. I made the first move,

I made the second move.

I made a complete jerk out of myself,

is what I did.

What do you care about

Mark Spatner for?

He's a 26-year-old usher

in the movie theater.

You have dated older guys. You work

at the best food stand in the mall.

And you are a close

personal friend of mine.

Yeah. But I was really

beginning to like him.

Yeah? If that's true,

you better find somebody else fast.

-Fast times at Ridgemont High

Yeah, I agree with this. I'm sure no guy wants a woman who doesn't work and support herself.....I would imagine most women don't want the same kind of man. Oh, and it has to be a legal job. No selling drugs or anything of that nature.

I gots to agree.

With the way things are these days, it takes a TEAM to make a comfortable living. I believe in both parties pitching in and bringing in the money. And that also goes for sharing the chores at home. I've never had an issue with doing the laundry or cleaning up the kitchen.

What's fair is fair. :)

Glad I don't have issues like this. :lol:

That's the major point of this thread, isn't it? Everybody going home with the good feeling that they themselves ain't "worthless turds". :)

Maybe it's just comforting that in a world full of war and crime and catastrophies and global warming and cancer and aids and bad haircuts you can get worked up about a little spats.... Hate? That's a laugh. What makes me come back here is not spats' endearingly stubborn replies - it was clear from the start that he would not accept any piece of advice offered. This thread could have ended after three pages. What's intriguing is the question why people flock back here...their issues, if you will. So much more interesting. What makes a person go all tourette over 30 pages worth of posts that everybody agrees are boring at best? What makes people still care after 30 pages? And whom do they care about? Some of the points raised here - by spats and others - are actually worth discussing (just not with spats). Will Matt ever get over his addiction?

Questions, questions... :unsure:

Edited by FuzzyMerkin

Mark Spatner doesn't like me.

- Mark Spatner doesn't like you?

You're crazy!

No, he shows absolutely

no interest in me.

Mark Spatner is definitely somebody

you'd have to make the first move with.

Linda, I did. I made the first move,

I made the second move.

I made a complete jerk out of myself,

is what I did.

What do you care about

Mark Spatner for?

He's a 26-year-old usher

in the movie theater.

You have dated older guys. You work

at the best food stand in the mall.

And you are a close

personal friend of mine.

Yeah. But I was really

beginning to like him.

Yeah? If that's true,

you better find somebody else fast.

-Fast times at Ridgemont High

Please don't compare me to that guy. I am not like that guy at all. He was a complete wimp.

Right...and?

Dude, me not approaching has nothing to do with being a wimp. I have explained why. I don't drag my knuckles along the cement like a typical alpha male but i am nowhere near a wimp. My reasons are entirely different. I don't want to do something that doesn't work for me. Most people don't run out the door to do something they don't have success at.

I'm not very good at playing pool, but when I'm out with my friends and there's a pool table nearby.....I'll give it a shot. What do I have to lose? So I suck and my friends see that I suck....not like they're going to stop being my friend anymore after that. And I don't have that fragile a self-esteem that if my friends see me suck at something, I lose my will to live.

That's the major point of this thread, isn't it? Everybody going home with the good feeling that they themselves ain't "worthless turds". :)

Maybe it's just comforting that in a world full of war and crime and catastrophies and global warming and cancer and aids and bad haircuts you can get worked up about a little spats.... Hate? That's a laugh. What makes me come back here is not spats' endearingly stubborn replies - it was clear from the start that he would not accept any piece of advice offered. This thread could have ended after three pages. What's intriguing is the question why people flock back here...their issues, if you will. So much more interesting. What makes a person go all tourette over 30 pages worth of posts that everybody agrees are boring at best? What makes people still care after 30 pages? And whom do they care about? Some of the points raised here - by spats and others - are actually worth discussing (just not with spats). Will Matt ever get over his addiction?

Questions, questions... :unsure:

Fuzzy, I will accept and have accepted some of the advice. But some of it i just am not successful at and some of it offends my principles.