Nirvana

zeppelinfan13

Wow, really? People supporting his guitar playing? :lol: I like Nirvana, they were the band that got me into rock. I don't listen to them a whole lot now and I wouldn't say Kurt is a good guitar player :lol:. I really can't think of any examples, but I remember liking his lyrics.

Wow, really? People supporting his guitar playing? :lol: I like Nirvana, they were the band that got me into rock. I don't listen to them a whole lot now and I wouldn't say Kurt is a good guitar player :lol:. I really can't think of any examples, but I remember liking his lyrics.

:mellow:

I already had In Utero due to working at a radio station and found Unplugged for cheap at a pawnshop so it wasn't until a couple of years ago that I got around to purchasing Nevermind. Shortly after that album was released nearly every song became a single so I saw no need in owning it way back when. I got the Unplugged DVD for Christmas but haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Anyone else seen this? It's deeply disturbing and a very slow moving account of Cobain's last days on earth but a very intriguing telling nevertheless, not to mention incredibily fucking sad.

249275.jpg

I love Nirvana. They were a great band and they got me into music. Technically Kurt wasn't a great guitar player but in terms of creative playing he was i.e. he came up with some awesome riffs. His lyrics are a mix between pure genious and mindless ramblings. They were strange, yet insightful. I'll always rate Nirvana amongst my favourite bands.

Anyone else seen this? It's deeply disturbing and a very slow moving account of Cobain's last days on earth but a very intriguing telling nevertheless, not to mention incredibily fucking sad.

249275.jpg

I haven't, but I've been wanting to see that for years.

They have agreed to make a movie about Kurt Cobain's life, from growing up in Aberdeen to his death in 1994. It's gonna be a movie version of the biography by Charles Cross, "Heavier than Heavan". Ewan McGregor and Joe Anderson are the favourites to land the role of Kurt. I've read the book and it's a fascinating read. Hopefully the movie will be just as good. However the book was a bit biased towards Courtney, which is probably why she's allowing the film to be made. Some of the information is incorrect and biased but it's still a hugely fascinating and credible biography.

Edited by BrownBomber

Good band, great songs. Awful vocalist.

Sorry, Nirvana fans. I like them too, I have the Unplugged set as well as a couple other cd's. So I am somewhat of a fan. But any time Kurt tries to stretch his voice, he sounds like he's strangling.

Ironically, the singer was sitting behind the drum kit all along.

(runs like hell from the upcoming flames!) :lol:

I love Nirvana. Favourite album is In Utero. Ain't a huge Nevermind fan even if there are some great songs on it.

I used to be a Nirvana/Kurt freak when I was 14...I went through that stupid I hate myself I want to die/ I hate Courtney, the bitch killed Kurt phase... :rolleyes: aaah teenage years...how dumb was I? :lol:

Now, I listen to Nirvana a normal amount, I really enjoy their music a lot but I stopped being an extremist Kurt fan. I accept that he was depressive and killed himself and I don't hate Courtney, in fact I like that woman (very hard for me to admit back then...) and I like her band Hole more than Nirvana. She's a great lyricist and Hole had some awesome riffs.

Back to Kurt...Nirvana had some good riffs but saying that Kurt was a good guitarist is a stretch!!! lol He even admitted that several times in interviews.

Oooh now I wanna listen to Nirvana. I'm going to put Bleach on. :)B)

Sorry, Nirvana fans. I like them too, I have the Unplugged set as well as a couple other cd's. So I am somewhat of a fan. But any time Kurt tries to stretch his voice, he sounds like he's strangling.

That's the idea behind 'grunge' though...that you don't really have to sing amazingly polished. Those are the demands of the genre...check out Mudhoney for example.

249275.jpg

After I watched this I spent the next few days just wandering aimlessly around the house so depressed. It is very moving...but it will make you sad for days on end. :(

I have always been a fan of Nirvana....they too were the band that got me into rock. I was a huge huge collector and I have a lot of really rare Nirvana collectables. Plus Nirvana covered 'Heartbreaker' and 'Immigrant Song'...in their grungey kind of way. Good fun.

I personally cannot see anything wrong with his singing, lyrics or guitar playing. I am a better guitar player than Kurt Cobain...loads of people are. But grunge was the time when you could slap a loada power chords together and create a song...there were very few riffs. Much like today. BRING BACK ZEPPELIN!!!!

(runs like hell from the upcoming flames!) :lol:

They used to say that about Janis Joplin's vocals too.....I guess it's history repeating!

The band is good, it has some great songs, but theres also some that aren't very good (at least to me).

Some of the songs i like:

Where Did You Sleep Last Night (Not really theirs but...)

StayAway

About A Girl

Smells Like Teen Spirit

Love Buzz

They used to say that about Janis Joplin's vocals too.....I guess it's history repeating!

True!

Like I said though, I really do like the band in general. I'm a big fan of most 90's bands anyway. It was the first and only decent era of imaginative artists since the demise of the original Zep. Today's stuff in general is crap.

And I don't believe Cobain killed himself. Evidence proves it to be impossible.

Why don't you believe Cobain committed suicide? What evidence is there to the contrary?

Didn't he wear t-shirts with self-written messages like "I hate myself I want to die" on them? Based on everything I've seen, the guy was depressed. Really depressed.

He reportedly had so much heroin in his system that it would've been impossible for him to do anything let alone pull a trigger. That's just from what I remember. There was more. Not to mention the fact that he had a daughter which meant the world to him.