Jimmy Page says it’s “really unlikely” that Led Zeppelin will tour again in the future

The Rover

21 hours ago, Christopher Lees said:

I think Jimmy needs to put out his own autobiography. He's got either an excellent memory or took excellent notes on his early career going all the way back to his first gigs. He updates his Facebook page daily (sometimes Sharon does it for him) and has fascinating little stories about what he did on this day in 1964 or whatever year. He's got tons of pictures too. Really cool stuff. He digs deep into his studio career with interesting anecdotes galore. I'm sure he could reveal some insights about how he approached composition, his knowledge of music theory, his approach to production, how he practiced his guitar and so many other interesting things.

Jimmy is at that age where you can go at any time. That's life. I hope he gets this stuff out soon. That goes for the other members too. I bet JPJ could have a 1500 page biography himself!

Of all the rock musicians doing books nowadays, I sometimes think "why does someone like Steve Tyler write a book that reads like it was puked onto the page, yet JPJ / Page / Plant hasn't done one?".

If ever there's someone in music where I'd love to read their memoirs, Jones is the one. Plant said recently he'd never do one.

1 hour ago, rm2551 said:

Yes, that would be a good project.

That would be awesome, just to get some new music, the collaboration between Jones and Page with Jason on Drums would be phenomenal.

I don't know what singer would fit them, I mean of course we are not trying to get a Plant soundalike, just someone who sings good, a new band, not a Zeppelin copy.

As that could never be done.

Edited by RainbowElf

17 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

Jimmy needs to get together with John, Jason and a singer of their liking, and record an album, they can call it whatever they like.

They tried something in 2008 (The three of them auditioned/jammed with: Sammy Hagar, Steven Tyler and Myles Kennedy at different times). It didn’t work and project was scrapped. 

R😎

31 minutes ago, reids said:

They tried something in 2008 (The three of them auditioned/jammed with: Sammy Hagar, Steven Tyler and Myles Kennedy at different times). It didn’t work and project was scrapped. 

R😎

I'd heard of the other two, but had no idea Hagar was involved.

On 8/23/2020 at 7:33 PM, RainbowElf said:

Jimmy needs to get together with John, Jason and a singer of their liking, and record an album, they can call it whatever they like.

The wonderful talents of Mr. Glenn Hughes would fit perfectly, and he even knows Jason Bonham so well. Although, I am not sure if I`d be happy with Jason on the drums. 

Anyway- Wake up, it is over, nothing will happen.

13 hours ago, reids said:

R😎

I can maybe see Steven Tyler, never like Hagar, Miles Kennedy don’t even know who he is.

3 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

The wonderful talents of Mr. Glenn Hughes would fit perfectly, and he even knows Jason Bonham so well. Although, I am not sure if I`d be happy with Jason on the drums. 

Glenn Hughes, good choice he did good in Sabbath, Better than in Purple.

That Seventh Star album is better than the Ozzy stuff.

5 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

Hughes is an excellent bass player and singer. If JP, JPJ and Jason got Hughes back in 2008 during rehearsals, it could have worked as he is continually writing and would have helped JPJ with versatility in arrangements & playing other instruments while possibly giving  Page his muse in a new collective. It’s water under the bridge now.  If only...

R😎

2 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

I can maybe see Steven Tyler, never like Hagar, Miles Kennedy don’t even know who he is.

Myles Kennedy is the lead singer & also an excellent guitarist of Alterbridge (Jason recommended him). He also is a singer / songwriter who released the excellent solo album 2 years ago called, Year of The Tiger (about his dad’s passing). I saw him on that solo tour in Atlanta at the City Winery. He is an Amazing live performer. He was first known for his cameo as “Thor” in the early 2000s Rock Star movie (singing, “Stand Up & Shout” from the crowd and then discovered by Mark Walberg). 

R😎

Edited by reids

4 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

Glenn Hughes, good choice he did good in Sabbath, Better than in Purple.

What!? I don't agree. The highlight of Hughes' extensive career was his time with Deep Purple.

By the way, 'Save Me' by Black Country Communion, is based on a "model" of Page and Jones after O2.

On the other hand, another O2 will never happen: Plant doesn't want to, and Page can't play anymore.

4 hours ago, Rodrigo said:

What!? I don't agree. The highlight of Hughes' extensive career was his time with Deep Purple.

By the way, 'Save Me' by Black Country Communion, is based on a "model" of Page and Jones after O2.

On the other hand, another O2 will never happen: Plant doesn't want to, and Page can't play anymore.

For me Purple is only Ian Gillan, sorry man, I can't get into Coverdale and Hughes in Purple.

7 hours ago, reids said:

Myles Kennedy is the lead singer & also an excellent guitarist of Alterbridge (Jason recommended him). He also is a singer / songwriter who released the excellent solo album 2 years ago called, Year of The Tiger (about his dad’s passing). I saw him on that solo tour in Atlanta at the City Winery. He is an Amazing live performer. He was first known for his cameo as “Thor” in the early 2000s Rock Star movie (singing, “Stand Up & Shout” from the crowd and then discovered by Mark Walberg). 

R😎

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check him out, I'm behind the times.

9 minutes ago, RainbowElf said:

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check him out, I'm behind the times.

You’re welcome. Earlier in his career before Alter Bridge (90s), he was the lead singer of the band, Mayfield Four (out of the Pacific Northwest).

R😎

7 hours ago, reids said:

R😎

But he's not a Brit, only a Brit would do. Imagine the swell on the head of whomever for something that's never (and never was) going to happen anyway, I imagine they would toot a line of Charlie so long to celebrate their heads would explode.

Edited by JTM

16 minutes ago, JTM said:

But he's not a Brit, only a Brit would do. Imagine the swell on the head of whomever for something that's never (and never was) going to happen anyway, I imagine they would toot a line of Charlie so long to celebrate their heads would explode.

Lol. 😆. Well, Myles (along with two other Americans) were the only ones considered in 2008. 

R😎🇺🇸

31 minutes ago, reids said:

Lol. 😆. Well, Myles (along with two other Americans) were the only ones considered in 2008. 

R😎🇺🇸

My suggestion was Huey Lewis and I still think it would have a splendid collaboration. He's an established, versatile and charismatic entertainer with a loyal fan base. Of course, don't call it Led Zeppelin but regardless of what they would have called it I genuinely believe it could have been fun. I think they would have gotten on well socially too. don't think it would have been nearly as fun with Kennedy or Tyler, but that's just my opinion.

11 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

.... he just gets better and better.. The band could have been a little tighter, but what a voice... He gets my vote over Huey, Sammy, Myles, or Steven Tyler.. no question .. it won't happen, but it's pretty cool to think about..

Jimmy Page and Chris Cornell should have happened too. All Jimmy had to do was pick up the phone... 

Too bad Jimmy Page and The Black Crowes didn't record new material.

Too bad Jimmy and Michael Lee didn't get to do more..  Alright I'll stop...    

Edited by the chase