1971.09.29 Remastered Soundboard

SteveZ98

On 9/17/2020 at 6:48 PM, SteveZ98 said:

I'm glad your enjoying the 9/29/71 remaster. The performance is just amazing. I'm not sure if or when the rest of it will come out. I'd prefer for Jimmy to release it officially, but if that doesn't happen I'll settle for EV or another boot label putting out the rest so we get to hear all of it from the soundboard.

Regarding 3/21/75, I'd only release a show if I thought my version was different enough from what's already been released to be worth my time to work on it and other people's to listen to it. As far as I know, no one else is doing the type of stereo remixes that I am so my version of 3/21/75 will be unique in that regard. Whether anyone likes it better than other versions is up to each person, which is why I provide samples of the remasters so everyone can hear them first to see if they like them enough to download them. And even if someone else released a stereo version of a show right before I released mine and it was better than what I was going to release, I'd happily shelve mine. The only reason I do the remasters is to hear Zep in the best possible sound quality, so if someone else puts out a version that's better than mine then I'll gladly listen to theirs instead.  Winston's "The Great Love Affair" is still my go to for the 9/4/70 show even though I've done my own remaster of it, and Liriodendren's matrix of the 7/7/80 show is my favorite version of the last show with Bonzo.

Hello again.

You write, "Winston's "The Great Love Affair" is still my go to for the 9/4/70 show even though I've done my own remaster of it... "

I think there are about 1000 people waiting to hear your version! If it's as good as your 9/29/71, we are in for a treat.

Thanks.

7 hours ago, Mr_K said:

Hello again.

You write, "Winston's "The Great Love Affair" is still my go to for the 9/4/70 show even though I've done my own remaster of it... "

I think there are about 1000 people waiting to hear your version! If it's as good as your 9/29/71, we are in for a treat.

Thanks.

Winston's is better than mine, so that's the one to track down. Or maybe the recent Nite Owl version, which seems to be the current crowd favorite. 

Edited by SteveZ98

Hi Steve. I was just listening to a Youtube 9/19/1970 evening show that I was at & popped over here to share it on this 50th Anny, & decided to give your efforts a listen. WOW. I mean, I used to think that 9/19/70 show was fairly listenable, but after hearing yours, it sounds like it was recorded on a dictation recorder...which I've done; Bowie at MSG in 1974.

If you're still sending the link, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks, man.

On 9/19/2020 at 6:58 AM, SteveZ98 said:

Winston's is better than mine, so that's the one to track down. Or maybe the recent Nite Owl version, which seems to be the current crowd favorite. 

Have to say that of all the versions of 9/04 I have, the one I keep returning to is 'Another Master', no label. I downloaded it about a year ago and it's still my favorite version. Replying to your post Steve because I know people love collecting different versions of 9/04 so this is definitely worth checking out.

Artwork - Front.jpg

Edited by Jukkin

53 minutes ago, Jukkin said:

Have to say that of all the versions of 9/04 I have, the one I keep returning to is 'Another Master', no label. I downloaded it about a year ago and it's still my favorite version. Replying to your post Steve because I know people love collecting different versions of 9/04 so this is definitely worth checking out.

Artwork - Front.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye out for it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, godzilla777 said:

Do you have any new remasters?

I'm putting the finishing touches on the 9/28/71 show. I also have the 5/25/75 show mostly done, although I'm not sure if that will be the next release after 9/28/71 because I have some other things I want to work on. Here's a sample of the 9/28/71 show. The final version will sound similar but with a few tweaks:

And here's a sample of the version of 5/25/75 that is mostly done:

Edited by SteveZ98

15 hours ago, SteveZ98 said:

I'm putting the finishing touches on the 9/28/71 show. I also have the 5/25/75 show mostly done, although I'm not sure if that will be the next release after 9/28/71 because I have some other things I want to work on. Here's a sample of the 9/28/71 show. The final version will sound similar but with a few tweaks:

And here's a sample of the version of 5/25/75 that is mostly done:

Looking forward to both of these!

Chris

• 1 month later...

To SteveZ98,

I was just listening to a June 22 1977 recording and reading a discussion about it. Really good show but a rough tape. That would be my vote for your project. It you could fix that one up you'd be pretty close to Einstein!

We appreciate your work. 

15 minutes ago, Mr_K said:

To SteveZ98,

I was just listening to a June 22 1977 recording and reading a discussion about it. Really good show but a rough tape. That would be my vote for your project. It you could fix that one up you'd be pretty close to Einstein!

We appreciate your work. 

There's not much I can do with audience recordings, which is why I focus on soundboards. If Winston did a version of that show, I'd track it down because it will be better than anything I would come up with. 

4 minutes ago, John M said:

Oh man, that one is going to be "something else"!  Looking forward to it.

I listened to it today and I'm happy with it. The thing that's stopping me from releasing it is there's a ton of little details I check before I put out a show (fix SBEs, make sure the balance is OK, etc.), but doing that is a lot less fun than the rest of the remastering process, so I end up putting it off to do stuff that's more enjoyable. I'll get to it soon, I just need to buckle down.