Robert Plant nominated Best Rock Singer of All Time

zepfan1

What's with all the pathetic bon jovi garbage on these polls? Must be a joke. They suck like no other, they are the worst, the guys voice is nails on a chalkboard, and their guitarist with the stupid cowboy hat is a total hack with no style and horrible tone. Everything about them sucks. They are literally the "Anti-Zeppelin" in every way, and that's being generous!

queen was talent.

queen has great music talent and great songs. hard to believe the singer was gay!

wow

B) sher heart attack(queen

I gather that for a long time, even Freddy found it hard to believe he was gay!.He once had a beautiful girlfriend, Mary, whom he loved, but I think it felt unnatural for him.

It was an internal/eternal struggle for him, as it is for so many!

Sir Elton John once married a woman in a vain attempt to "cure" himself!.

When he died, Freddy left Mary his beloved cats and a large part of his estate.

I'm straight,but fully realise that the Entertainment Industry would be A Very, Very, Very,much poorer place without our gay friends.

Sorry for being off topic!. :)

EDIT: Oh.... I Just saw the poll!.

As you might be able to tell, I love Queen.

I believe they were the "Best Singles Band" in the world between 1973 and 1991.

but many of their albums were less than pleasing when taken as a whole.

The "Greatest Rock Band" of all time is Zeppelin - no question,no contest.

:blink: I guess I'm an internet nerd then :rolleyes:

Queen fans have been pounding the tables on this one

It's on a lot of Queen sites all over the world. Zeppelin fans can do the same. I am sure if this reached more in England, we would be blowing them away. I have posted it on several sites so if you know of any others, do the same. Queen should not take this and Plant should win best rock singer of all-time. Let's turn it up! We are only 1 % behind Queen right now.

Robert and Freddie... now that will be a close race. To be honest, I'm not really sure who I think is better between these two. I really like Robert's voice, especially from the early years. But Freddie had such an incredible range up to the very end. I'll have to think on that one a bit before the voting begins.

Best band... I voted for LZ. I can see how it would be a close race with Queen though. Queen wasn't really all that popular in the US, but they were HUGE pretty much everywhere else.

As for how the best guitar voting is going so far... something definitely seems fishy about that. I would hardly think that Brian May is better than a lot of the other guitarists on the list. Jimmy got my vote on that one.

IMO Queen deserve to be there and i suppose Aerosmith do as respresenting slightly more recent bands, but zeppelin (and the members of zeppelin) should be the winners...

i am in a zeppelin group on facebook, i will post the site link there and hopefully gain some more votes for the best of British!

well, one of their albums sold a total of 100,000,000 didn't it? isn't that why there's a bon jovi album called "100,000,000 bon jovi fans can't be wrong"?

Just be happy in the knowledge that despite the rise in the UK charts of what is termed "R n B" these days, rock is by far the biggest seller overall. So i hear (please correct me if you know better)

Also, i might soon be able to get one of my mates into zep. He loves heavy metal, and used to have one zep album on vinyl

I don't know how Brian May is getting so many votes. I mean, I'm a Queen fan, but he's nothing compared to Page or Hendrix.

Funny thing is, Dr. May would probably agree with you -- he's a rabid Page fan, even named his kid Jimmy.

What I would like to know is: in what parallel universe is the guy from Toto getting more votes than Jimmy Page?! Steve Lukather has 15.9% compared to Jimmy's 13.3%! That is just sickness.

Funny thing is, Dr. May would probably agree with you -- he's a rabid Page fan, even named his kid Jimmy.

What I would like to know is: in what parallel universe is the guy from Toto getting more votes than Jimmy Page?! Steve Lukather has 15.9% compared to Jimmy's 13.3%! That is just sickness.

That right there is blasphemy. All these fanboys are raiding the polls.

not for nothing, but have you ever heard Lukather play before?

As much as I love Zeppelin, Page is not in the same league.

This guy is "lights out" and can play any style with any one.

He is the best in the world

here is a sample and he is just hacking around in a room

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtVsJmCz3NU

Robert IS the best singer of all time! :D

I'll vote for him.

I hope we all get behind Plant and vote for him and he wins this thing.

if anyone is a member of any other sites for Zeppelin, please post the link to votenumber1.com

Queen fans think Freddie is gonna be a slam dunk on this one.

I like Freddie too but Plant was better in his prime.

just posted that voting begins monday, jan 7

vote here

let's get our votes in and also keep voting for Zeppelin & Page too

Queen fans are pounding the tables so let's spread the word

Plant should win this hands down! :D

Nice, and thanks for the link

but wtf? Queen and Brian May are first? noooo!!!

And Best Rock Guitarist: where is Angus Young, Keith Richards, Slash and Peter Frampton?

this is the ranking for me:

1º Jimmy Page

2º Jimmy Hendrix

3º Angus Young

4º Eddie Van Halen

5º Slash

6º Keith Richards

7º Peter Frampton

8º Joe Perry

9º Ace Fregly

10º Brian May

And yes, I hope Robert Plant wins. Because i don't want to see all Queen in the first place. That would be rare and not true. I don't mean to offense anyone but that is my opinion.

Guys, Zeppelin and Page have won more polls over the years than anybody else in the business and sold over 350 million records. Isn't that enough, do we really need one more stupid-ass, amateur, fanboy-raided irrelevant poll to validate our factual knowledge of Zeppelin's undisputed title of #1 band of all time? Zeppelin has had so many accolades it'll make anybody's head spin. They've dominated every poll since the 70's. It's all subjective anyway. Except for one exception we all know...Led Zeppelin, it's members, and their songs were the best of the best, jammed like possessed demons, and influenced more musicians than all other bands combined. We all know they were top shelf, the masters, so don't sweat another meaningless, delusional, childish poll, especially one this f'in stupid. I mean, richie sambora? How can you take that seriously? It's more comical than anything. In fact, there's a new poll that has more credibility, here are the poll results thus far:

Best Guitarist

--------------------

1) Ronald McDonald

2) Hamburgler

3) Bugs Bunny

4) Mayor McCheese (watch out for those killer hammer-ons)

Get the point? It's nonsense, it's for babies who need justification that "their band" is

the best". Free rattles and diapers for everyone!

Guys, Zeppelin and Page have won more polls over the years than anybody else in the business and sold over 350 million records. Isn't that enough, do we really need one more stupid-ass, amateur, fanboy-raided irrelevant poll to validate our factual knowledge of Zeppelin's undisputed title of #1 band of all time? Zeppelin has had so many accolades it'll make anybody's head spin. They've dominated every poll since the 70's. It's all subjective anyway. Except for one exception we all know...Led Zeppelin, it's members, and their songs were the best of the best, jammed like possessed demons, and influenced more musicians than all other bands combined. We all know they were top shelf, the masters, so don't sweat another meaningless, delusional, childish poll, especially one this f'in stupid. I mean, richie sambora? How can you take that seriously? It's more comical than anything. In fact, there's a new poll that has more credibility, here are the poll results thus far:

Best Guitarist

--------------------

1) Ronald McDonald

2) Hamburgler

3) Bugs Bunny

4) Mayor McCheese (watch out for those killer hammer-ons)

Get the point? It's nonsense, it's for babies who need justification that "their band" is

the best". Free rattles and diapers for everyone!

:lol: Yeah, you're right. Still, I can't help but be angered that there's some fanboy sitting at his computer, with snot flying out his nostrils, laughing about how Queen is winning everything.

Archived