Robert Plant nominated Best Rock Singer of All Time

zepfan1

Funny thing is, Dr. May would probably agree with you -- he's a rabid Page fan, even named his kid Jimmy.

What I would like to know is: in what parallel universe is the guy from Toto getting more votes than Jimmy Page?! Steve Lukather has 15.9% compared to Jimmy's 13.3%! That is just sickness.

I was wondering that too - Rubbish. :thumbdown:

I can only agree to someone like Hendrix ahead of Pagey.

I know everyone on this board is gonna sue me on my pick, but I voted Steve Perry as best singer...His voice was good throughout his full career and Plant's voice slightly weekend over time. I'm not saying Plant sounds terrible...because like the rest of you I've seen vids of the O2 show. He DOES still sound good. With that said I DID vote Page as top guitartist. B)

Please don't take this the wroung way. Zep is one of my favorite bands event though I haven't been a fan for very long. And I'm not saying this to start a war...I'm just saying it how it is in my oppion.

I have a great deal of respect for Freddie Mercury and Steve Perry and several other names on the list (although I voted for Robert, of course) so I understand those votes. However, I do find it quite disturbing that not only is Axl Rose in second place but he's only .09% behind Freddie Mercury. Seriousy?! The few times I saw him live, he could barely be bothered to sing at all (I wish I knew how to make those angry little smileys)

Well, this does seem to be quite a juvenile sort of poll. Makes me feel dumb for voting on it last week, so I guess I won't place a vote for the best singer. I do think that Freddie had an incredible voice though, and personally see no reason why he couldn't possibly be considered one of the greatest rock and roll singers of all time. No slight against Robert or anything...he's definitely no slouch at it either.

I have a great deal of respect for Freddie Mercury and Steve Perry and several other names on the list (although I voted for Robert, of course) so I understand those votes. However, I do find it quite disturbing that not only is Axl Rose in second place but he's only .09% behind Freddie Mercury. Seriousy?! (I wish I knew how to make those angry little smileys)

like guns and roses but axl's voice...let'sd be serious...he screamed off key most of the time and those were in his good days

IT IS GETTING TIGHT NOW AND IT'S NICE TO FINALLY SEE THE QUEEN FANS GETTING A BIT HUMBLE...OR "WORRIED"

IT WAS A CAKEWALK FOR A WHILE THERE

LET'S KEEP SPREADING THE WORD...HAS TO BE MANY ZEP FANS WHO HAVEN'T VOTED YET.

sorry for the caps...too lazy to repost :blink:

I can deal with the band standings, Queen and Zep neck to neck, but Beatles catching up (don't think so!)

Guitar -- I've been around a while but Steve Lukathr (sp) ahead of Page (don't think so!)

Singers--PUHLEEZ......Axl Rose and Steve Perry over Plant!?!??! Again, don't think so!!!!

Get out the vote!

I can deal with the band standings, Queen and Zep neck to neck, but Beatles catching up (don't think so!)

Guitar -- I've been around a while but Steve Lukathr (sp) ahead of Page (don't think so!)

Singers--PUHLEEZ......Axl Rose and Steve Perry over Plant!?!??! Again, don't think so!!!!

Get out the vote!

AEROSMITH ELIMINATED TODAY

DON'T LET ZEPPELIN GO NEXT...CLOSE 2ND TO QUEEN

LETS BLOW THEM OUT NOW!

No disrespect to Queen and their fans but, really, let's be serious.

Queen was a decent Glam-slam, Opera-rock, drama band.

Zeppelin was and is the ultimate rock, sex, magic band.

There should be no comparison. God may save the Queen, but God Rocks to Zeppelin!

I get the feeling that people aren't allowed their opinions about music unless they match yours (yours being the collective, not any one individual in this thread). Who cares if someone thinks Queen is better than Led Zeppelin? That's that one person's opinion, no more, no less. Quit acting like it's a denigration against all things you all hold near and dear. Jesus bloody hell.

I get the feeling that people aren't allowed their opinions about music unless they match yours (yours being the collective, not any one individual in this thread). Who cares if someone thinks Queen is better than Led Zeppelin? That's that one person's opinion, no more, no less. Quit acting like it's a denigration against all things you all hold near and dear. Jesus bloody hell.

Amen!

What's with Queen winning so many votes?

Freddy Mercury had a great voice, although not as versatile as Robert Plant. Plus a lot of their albums were uneven. A few good songs, but never consistant all the way through like Led Zeppelin and The Beatles. Probably the only two artists with a number of releases never put out a less than stellar album.

Freddy Mercury had a great voice, although not as versatile as Robert Plant. Plus a lot of their albums were uneven. A few good songs, but never consistant all the way through like Led Zeppelin and The Beatles. Probably the only two artists with a number of releases never put out a less than stellar album.

I'd say Freddy's voice was very versatile - just in a different way and I'd also have to say in my opinion Queen put out many amazing albums. No one's right or wrong in how they vote. That's the thing with these polls it's all subjective.

Archived