Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

1 hour ago, Strider said:

I am getting tired of seeing everyone in gynecological/anatomical detail. Spandex/yoga tights may be fine for the gym, but not for every day wear...and definitely not for all body types. It is gross.

Gross out of the millennium. Give us a kiss, baby. 

7 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Nothing to misconstrue as that pretty much is racism right there. You claim diversity excludes or is at the expense of "the host" which I believe is a euphuism for "straight white guys." What you fail to recognize is it was those very same straight white guys who through actual law and policy, made non-whites, non-straight, and even non-males either second class citizens, or outright stripped them of all rights altogether simply based on not being straight white males.

Sorry to be the barer of the obvious, but human nature tends to work in extremes. The straight white guys put the screws to every other group in this country since day 1 and now those groups want some payback. You sowed the wind, time to reap the whirlwind. Nobody's fault but ours...get over it.

Also, regarding that non-discriminatory homogenous Japan, tell that to the Japanese born Koreans, I am sure they might have issue with your rather rose-colored views of Japanese society.

You know what assimilation means but  choose to frame this within the context of identity politics. So as a by the way, enslavement is arguably the greatest thing that ever happened to the Africans. A free cruise to food, shelter, and clothing eventually followed by emancipation and civil rights. No country on the face of the planet has done more to advance all the so called minorities than predominantly white America. Anyway, you're running late for a Black Lies Matter riot.

1 hour ago, redrum said:

The Walrus really is a nice pedal. I'm doing some ambient stuff right now and adding bass. I suck at guitar, but enjoy doing effects. 🙂

Enjoy 😎🎸👍🎶

R😎

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Anyway, you're running late for a Black Lies Matter riot.

Absolute rubbish! In fact, I am on my way to a drag show this fine evening, and I do not mean cars babies! Chicks w/dicks singing Diana Ross, Bette Midler, Liza Minelli, and Madonna tunes while cracking wise all night long. You simply have not had real fun until you go to a drag show. If this keeps up, I just might become a fag-hag :hysterical:

4 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Absolute rubbish! In fact, I am on my way to a drag show this fine evening, and I do not mean cars babies! Chicks w/dicks singing Diana Ross, Bette Midler, Liza Minelli, and Madonna tunes while cracking wise all night long. You simply have not had real fun until you go to a drag show. If this keeps up, I just might become a fag-hag :hysterical:

Went to Finocchio's in SF way back with some friends and the female impersonators were gorgeous. It was a hell of a fun time. 😄

FINOCCHIOS.jpg

5 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

I've never understood why anyone enjoys watching drag queens.

7 hours ago, slave to zep said:

Well, for one thing, they are funny as hell, most are quite talented, and the people who go to these shows are also happy and out for a good time. I have never had a bad time at one of these shows nor have I ever seen trouble at one of these shows, everyone is happy and accepting. You know, an almost complete 180 from "straight" clubs where by 1am you are almost guaranteed to see a fight among the poseurs. 

You know who absolutely LOVED drag shows, drag queens, and gay bars? Led Zeppelin & their entourage that's who, in fact they preferred the gay scene for the very reasons I stated above. But hey, to each their own right 🙂 

Edited by BobDobbs

8 hours ago, redrum said:

Went to Finocchio's in SF way back with some friends and the female impersonators were gorgeous. It was a hell of a fun time. 😄

FINOCCHIOS.jpg

HA! Talk about an appropriate name! That's what I love about the whole scene, they enjoy using a turn of phrase in a cheeky way, poking fun at themselves.

9 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

Well, for one thing, they are funny as hell, most are quite talented, and the people who go to these shows are also happy and out for a good time. I have never had a bad time at one of these shows nor have I ever seen trouble at one of these shows, everyone is happy and accepting. You know, an almost complete 180 from "straight" clubs where by 1am you are almost guaranteed to see a fight among the poseurs. 

You know who absolutely LOVED drag shows, drag queens, and gay bars? Led Zeppelin & their entourage that's who, in fact they preferred the gay scene for the very reasons I stated above. But hey, to each their own right 🙂 

Never been to a drag show, but there is all kinds of truth in the gay club/bar scene being more fun than straight I had a bisexual (i.e. gay lol) buddy in the 90s and he would take me to gay bars in the Castro because there always hot girls there. So, a good time was had by all basically. But the vibe at those places was always legit.

I thought I was so smart .. I stumbled into the best kept secret for meeting hot girls (please remember I was in my 20s lol)!!! 😛

Fast forward to the 2000s ... now, most straight dudes in Cali do the same thing 😂 Sacramento has a thriving gay scene, When I first moved out here in 2009, I had a gf who loved going to the gay bars there because she felt safe and didn't have guys constantly trying to grab her ass all night (and me having to play bodyguard or teach anyone manners the hard way). I liked it too - because the bartenders hooked ME up more than her with drinks!! 🤣 It was always fun, and the music was usually good, but I'd say at least 50% of people there were straight, including dudes on the make. 

7 hours ago, slave to zep said:

One of our favourite EVER films is Priscila Queen Of The Desert. Though watching it you could realise why Aussies don't like Drag Queens? When we were there in 1993 Mrs CP was not even welcome in the pub. 

Do you include the great Barry Humphries in that? We have tickets for the wonderful man in May

Edited by chillumpuffer

44 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

Agreed. Never have had a bad time at one of those shows. The first one I attended was better than the Elton John I had been to earlier that evening. 

3 minutes ago, Walter said:

Agreed. Never have had a bad time at one of those shows. The first one I attended was better than the Elton John I had been to earlier that evening. 

Because after blowing Elton John he was told, "Hey man, that's not Elton John".

There's a house in my subdivision that still has Christmas decorations up. It's almost St. Patrick's Day. Time to take them down now, Cletus. Christmas comes back the same time every year. I promise. You'll be able to put them up again in about 8 months or so.

3 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

HA! Talk about an appropriate name! That's what I love about the whole scene, they enjoy using a turn of phrase in a cheeky way, poking fun at themselves.

My fave book store back in the 70's in the funky/nasty Tenderloin district. McDonald's Books. Greatest book store I've ever been in. 

MCDONALDS BOOKS.jpg

6 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

One of our favourite EVER films is Priscila Queen Of The Desert. Though watching it you could realise why Aussies don't like Drag Queens? When we were there in 1993 Mrs CP was not even welcome in the pub. 

Do you include the great Barry Humphries in that? We have tickets for the wonderful man in May

Dame Edna played the theatre where I worked many years ago (the show was there many years ago, and I worked there for many years, many years ago).  He really is a very friendly, nice person.