Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

I know I've said this before, but that Zurich, Switzerland Trampled Under Foot has to be the greatest, if not in the Top 3...

🎹

I disagree, The next night in Frankfurt Jimmy is in total control of what he wants to play and delivers a no flub solo twice!. Some of what he plays in Zurich can be heard in Frankfurt and played to a better degree of fluency and flow.  I know you'll come around :yesnod:

The theme song from CSI-NEW YORK.

What is the story behind Baba O Riley?

The title refers to the band's guitarist Pete Townshend's two leading philosophical and musical inspirations: Maher Baba and Terry Riley. Townshend said the song was about "the absolute desolation of teenagers at Woodstock, where audience members were strung out on acid, and 20 people had brain damage.

2 hours ago, redrum said:

The theme song from CSI-NEW YORK.

What is the story behind Baba O Riley?

The title refers to the band's guitarist Pete Townshend's two leading philosophical and musical inspirations: Maher Baba and Terry Riley. Townshend said the song was about "the absolute desolation of teenagers at Woodstock, where audience members were strung out on acid, and 20 people had brain damage.

When I was in eighth grade the cool kids came around with a list of songs for the prom to chose and be ok'd by the staff. We were all told to pick Baba O Riley for the last song and we weren't supposed to say anything about it being called Teenage Wasteland.

Oh the cool kids, they were so damned stupid to think that none of the teachers had ever heard of The Who or that song.

On 2/14/2023 at 4:58 AM, paul carruthers said:

I know I've said this before, but that Zurich, Switzerland Trampled Under Foot has to be the greatest, if not in the Top 3...

🎹

100% - and the following night is great as well. Jones is inspired and the outtro and final notes from Page are insane. The Plantation afterward sounds like they were all but rioting, and when you listen to the power that the band transferred to the crowd, it's no wonder.

Edit...

On 2/14/2023 at 6:30 AM, hummingbird69 said:

I disagree, The next night in Frankfurt Jimmy is in total control of what he wants to play and delivers a no flub solo twice!. Some of what he plays in Zurich can be heard in Frankfurt and played to a better degree of fluency and flow.  I know you'll come around :yesnod:

Exactly my sentiment. They really did deliver both nights. I'm with you for the 30th edging out the 29th, but this may change back for me as my Zep lists are always subject to change!

I'd say highlight of that tour was Trampled. there were a few highlights, but Trampled really shone.

Edited by rm2551

10 hours ago, shnflacwav said:

More people die from fentanyl overdose in one month than all school shooting deaths combined since 1970.

So you're equating someone killing other people with a weapon they sought, loaded, planned and executed with someone who has an addiction and kills themselves looking to escape reality. Makes sense. :wacko:

Edited by Walter

3 hours ago, Walter said:

So you're equating someone killing other people with a weapon they sought, loaded, planned and executed with someone who has an addiction and kills themselves looking to escape reality. Makes sense. :wacko:

How about people who kill with knives??  If a person kills say 4 or more people with a knife is the knife now something people shouldn't have because they can do much harm with it??  Any person bent on killing will find another way to do so if a gun isn't available.

Just so you can be sure about your reply.  Here are some references regarding knife attacks. In 2019 almost 1,500 people were killed with knives alone. Making sure no one has a gun will not stop mass killings.

Examples of mass stabbing cases[edit]

2014 Kunming attack[edit]

See also: 2014 Kunming attack
220px-Kunming_Railway_Station.jpg

A view of Kunming Railway Station in Yunnan, China. Image is taken by 40fifw0 on 1 November 2008.

On March 1, 2014, a group of eight male and female attackers wielding knives attacked a railway station at Kunming, the provincial capital of Yunnan, in the southwest of China.[21] 31 people were killed, and a further 141 were wounded.[22] Authorities and the official news service of China, Xinhua, said that the knife attack was an act of terrorism carried out by Uighur separatists from Xinjiang, a province at the far west of China. The incident is now known as '3-01' in China. It was also called "China's 9-11" by the Global Times, a state-run media in China.[23] Authorities increased security in the Xinjiang region following the attack.[21]

2016 Sagamihara knife attack[edit]

At 2:20 am on 26 July 2016, a man launched a knife attack at a center for the disabled people at Sagamihara, a town west of Tokyo, Japan.[24] 19 residents of the care center were killed, and an additional 26 people were wounded.[24][25] The suspect, former employee Satoshi Uematsu,[26] surrendered himself at a police station near the site of the attack shortly after.[24] He delivered a handwritten letter to a Japanese politician where he threatened to kill 470 severely disabled people.[26] He also advocated for legislation that would allow the disabled people to be euthanized with consents from their family members. He was hospitalized but was subsequently released after two weeks.[24] Charged with murder, Uematsu was eventually sentenced to death.[27][28] The attack was the worst mass killing case in Japan in decades.[24]

2017 London Bridge attack[edit]

220px-Borough_Market_%284701274756%29.jp

Entrance to Borough Market in London. Picture is taken by Jeremy Keith from Brighton & Hove, United Kingdom, at Borough Market on 12 June 2010.

On 3 June 2017, a terrorist vehicle-ramming and stabbing took place in London, England, UK. A van was deliberately driven into pedestrians on London Bridge, and then crashed on Borough High Street, just south of the River Thames. The van's three occupants then ran to the nearby Borough Market area and began stabbing people in and around restaurants and pubs.[29] They were shot dead by Metropolitan Police and City of London Police authorised firearms officers.[30] Eight people were killed, and 48 others were injured, including members of the public and four unarmed police officers who attempted to stop the assailants.[31]

2022 Saskatchewan stabbings[edit]

On September 4, 2022, 29 people were stabbed, 11 of whom were killed, in at least thirteen locations in the James Smith Cree Nation and Weldon, Saskatchewan, Canada.[32] Alerts relating to the incidents were extended to Manitoba and Alberta. Some of the victims were believed to have been targeted, while others were randomly attacked.[33] On September 7, 2022, the suspect, identified as Myles Sanderson, was found and arrested near Rosthern. Shortly after being taken into custody, Sanderson died from self-inflicted injuries.[34][35][36]

2022 University of Idaho stabbings[edit]

In the early hours of November 13, 2022, four University of Idaho students were fatally stabbed in their off-campus residence in Moscow, Idaho.[37] On December 30, a suspect, 28-year-old Bryan Christopher Kohberger, was arrested in Monroe County, Pennsylvania, on four counts of first-degree murder and felony burglary.[38][39]

14 hours ago, Walter said:

No, just stating fact. One is problem, another is a bigger problem. Don't try to put words in my mouth.