Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

Donald Trump: Promises vs. Reality
• Promised to cut the deficit but added $8 trillion to it.
• Promised to build a wall; completed only 458 miles out of 2,000, mostly repairs.
• Promised Mexico would pay for the wall; they didn’t.
• Promised a new healthcare plan; it never existed.
• Promised a middle-class tax cut; primarily cut taxes for the rich, leaving the middle class to bear the burden.
• Promised not to play golf; made 250 visits to his own golf clubs, costing taxpayers $150 million.
• Promised to increase economic growth by 4%; didn’t achieve it, President Biden did.
• Promised an infrastructure plan; had none, President Biden signed a massive one.
• Promised to hire “the best people”; fired 3/4 of them, then labeled them the worst.
• Promised to reduce prescription drug prices; didn’t happen, President Biden did.
• Promised to win the trade war with China; it cost about a quarter million jobs.
• Promised corporate tax cuts would benefit workers; corporations used the money to buy back stocks instead.
• Promised to revive the coal industry; more coal jobs were lost during his presidency

What the article by CNN (second only to MSNBC in it's liberal bias) is that this is an election year and so all Democrat spending freebies (like "free" small business start-ups, "free" down-payments for housing, "free" and discounted phone plans, etc.)  are put on hold till AFTER the January swearing in!

4 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

...you people across the Pond better hope Harris doesn't get elected.  She will tank an already dismal U.S. economy, and if our economy falls, there goes yours!   

Run along Chicken Little and sell your doom-and-gloom somewhere else. 

We are having our best business year in years, and my tax returns the last two years were more than they they ever were during Trump's term in office. Crime is actually down. And US Oil production is still up, even higher than it was during Trump.

https://theconversation.com/under-both-trump-and-biden-harris-us-oil-and-gas-production-surged-to-record-highs-despite-very-different-energy-goals-236859

All Trump and his cult does is talk bad about the U.S. They bad-mouth the military, the police, the FBI, the press, movies, music, everything sucks in their eyes. They paint the U.S. as if it was a dystopian hellscape. Why do y'all hate the U.S. so much?

I see people going out to work every day and making this country great. I see people going to football games and baseball games and enjoying life. I see people at the beaches and parks laughing and playing with their families. If the economy was so bad, entertainment would be the first casualty of the family budget. Instead, sports attendance and ratings are up. People are going back to theaters.

Are there homeless? Are there drug problems? Is there crime? Sure, there is but not in the way that Trump and his bad-faith media-mongers like to portray it. I go out nearly every night with no problem. I do not live in fear. Are prices higher? Yes, but I know that free-market forces and the Federal Reserve chairman Jerome Powell have more to do with that than the President. This idea that whomever gets in the White House can just pull a switch and make prices magically lower is poppycock.

We live in a free-market capitalist system. Neither Trump nor Harris can just automatically lower prices.

19 minutes ago, Strider said:

We are having our best business year in years, and my tax returns the last two years were more than they they ever were during Trump's term in office. Crime is actually down. And US Oil production is still up, even higher than it was during Trump.

https://theconversation.com/under-both-trump-and-biden-harris-us-oil-and-gas-production-surged-to-record-highs-despite-very-different-energy-goals-236859

All Trump and his cult does is talk bad about the U.S. They bad-mouth the military, the police, the FBI, the press, movies, music, everything sucks in their eyes. They paint the U.S. as if it was a dystopian hellscape. Why do y'all hate the U.S. so much?

I see people going out to work every day and making this country great. I see people going to football games and baseball games and enjoying life. I see people at the beaches and parks laughing and playing with their families. If the economy was so bad, entertainment would be the first casualty of the family budget. Instead, sports attendance and ratings are up. People are going back to theaters.

Are there homeless? Are there drug problems? Is there crime? Sure, there is but not in the way that Trump and his bad-faith media-mongers like to portray it. I go out nearly every night with no problem. I do not live in fear. Are prices higher? Yes, but I know that free-market forces and the Federal Reserve chairman Jerome Powell have more to do with that than the President. This idea that whomever gets in the White House can just pull a switch and make prices magically lower is poppycock.

We live in a free-market capitalist system. Neither Trump nor Harris can just automatically lower prices.

Thank you for that fabulously written, calm response.  I usually just sit here on my couch and fume as my writing skillzzzzz are non-existent. 

13 hours ago, JTM said:
Donald Trump: Promises vs. Reality
• Promised to cut the deficit but added $8 trillion to it.
• Promised to build a wall; completed only 458 miles out of 2,000, mostly repairs.
• Promised Mexico would pay for the wall; they didn’t.
• Promised a new healthcare plan; it never existed.
• Promised a middle-class tax cut; primarily cut taxes for the rich, leaving the middle class to bear the burden.
• Promised not to play golf; made 250 visits to his own golf clubs, costing taxpayers $150 million.
• Promised to increase economic growth by 4%; didn’t achieve it, President Biden did.
• Promised an infrastructure plan; had none, President Biden signed a massive one.
• Promised to hire “the best people”; fired 3/4 of them, then labeled them the worst.
• Promised to reduce prescription drug prices; didn’t happen, President Biden did.
• Promised to win the trade war with China; it cost about a quarter million jobs.
• Promised corporate tax cuts would benefit workers; corporations used the money to buy back stocks instead.
• Promised to revive the coal industry; more coal jobs were lost during his presidency

Ended the Clinton AND Bush political dynasties, making his election fully worthwhile. Anything beyond that outcome was just a bonus.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

Nice spin. They highlight production but omit any mention of the price at the pump. "Crime is actually down" -- only if one accepts FBI stats at face value. Every Democrat controlled American city with a population over 1.5 million is a Third World shit hole right now thanks in large part to the government-sanctioned illegal alien invasion.

Edited by SteveAJones

So its 6-7 weeks until election. I can't see Trump pulling this one out of the fire. His strategy seems to be to turn more of his "fuck America is a cesspool of shit" feeling angry pundits out to vote instead of trying to win over ANYONE outside of that. No effort what so ever to expand the base, just turn out more angry cunts to vote - and hope Dems are a bit "meh...", and stay home.

I'll bet a blue wave is going to be the result. Not projecting, not wish casting, just reading the tea leaves.

The 2016 "surprise" result was - to some extent - there were more Trump voters that the polls accounted for. A lot of people didn't fess up they would vote for him but did. He was not the establishment "Clinton" same old, same old. He represented a real anger and resentment of people being ignored. And still, only won by a few thousand votes in a few swing states - and lost the popular vote. But he was new and not establishment.

This time around, I reckon it's the opposite. A LOT of Republican/conservative voters say Trump, but will vote Harris. Women especially. The abortion issue and the non stop circus of his presidency will hit harder than people think. This is reenforced by almost everything he is now saying, like his chameleon stance on abortion. And that answer he gave to a basic health care question. Just an insane word salad that would have destroyed any other candidate for office. People notice. I don't think as many people are giving Trump a mulligan for those non stop insane rants any more. Lots are, but not all. Not growing his voter base. The biggest thing he had going for him in the 2016 campaign was he was new and just fucked with everyone. Decimated all comers as they were all operating in the traditional political arena, and he was playing his own game. That shock factor has worn off and he is now trapped in his one dimensional just be more and more outlandish mode of operating. It's tired and worn out. He has nothing to offer now but endless grievance and selling America as a third world shithole he seems to really hate. Even Make America Great Again is not mentioned much. Just rage. I just don't think there are that many people still on his page now.

Vance is as catastrophic a pick for VP as you can make. Laughably bad.

Blue wave.

Most likely the House, Senate, and up and down ballot success to Dems with few exceptions.

Kamala has been gifted an inside run with the timing and is killing it. She's not heavy on policy, just enough to avoid fucking herself over by completely avoiding it. Countering Trumps non stop insanity is giving her space to avoid spooking the electorate with any policy mis-steps. it's hers to lose, no question.

We'll see of course, I am reading the room from a great distance, so of course can be dead wrong, but I just can't see how he gets anywhere near winning. Even in tight swing states. He doesn't even seem to be trying, or really to give a fuck. Where is he getting more votes from? How is he not massively bleeding votes? It's all hate, spite, and idiocy.

My bet is all in, Harris and the Dems will SWEEP.

Blue wave baby.

Place your bets.....

15 hours ago, Strider said:

Yep, gas prices three times higher than under Trump, groceries closer to 40% higher than under Trump, everyone in my office has seen their taxes INCRESE under the Biden Administration, and if the economy is as great as you liberals and the Biden Admin have been crowing about, why is Harris pledging to "fix the economy"?  Stop drinking the liberal Kool-Aid dude..... 

2 hours ago, rm2551 said:

So its 6-7 weeks until election. I can't see Trump pulling this one out of the fire. His strategy seems to be to turn more of his "fuck America is a cesspool of shit" feeling angry pundits out to vote instead of trying to win over ANYONE outside of that. No effort what so ever to expand the base, just turn out more angry cunts to vote - and hope Dems are a bit "meh...", and stay home.

I'll bet a blue wave is going to be the result. Not projecting, not wish casting, just reading the tea leaves.

The 2016 "surprise" result was - to some extent - there were more Trump voters that the polls accounted for. A lot of people didn't fess up they would vote for him but did. He was not the establishment "Clinton" same old, same old. He represented a real anger and resentment of people being ignored. And still, only won by a few thousand votes in a few swing states - and lost the popular vote. But he was new and not establishment.

This time around, I reckon it's the opposite. A LOT of Republican/conservative voters say Trump, but will vote Harris. Women especially. The abortion issue and the non stop circus of his presidency will hit harder than people think. This is reenforced by almost everything he is now saying, like his chameleon stance on abortion. And that answer he gave to a basic health care question. Just an insane word salad that would have destroyed any other candidate for office. People notice. I don't think as many people are giving Trump a mulligan for those non stop insane rants any more. Lots are, but not all. Not growing his voter base. The biggest thing he had going for him in the 2016 campaign was he was new and just fucked with everyone. Decimated all comers as they were all operating in the traditional political arena, and he was playing his own game. That shock factor has worn off and he is now trapped in his one dimensional just be more and more outlandish mode of operating. It's tired and worn out. He has nothing to offer now but endless grievance and selling America as a third world shithole he seems to really hate. Even Make America Great Again is not mentioned much. Just rage. I just don't think there are that many people still on his page now.

Vance is as catastrophic a pick for VP as you can make. Laughably bad.

Blue wave.

Most likely the House, Senate, and up and down ballot success to Dems with few exceptions.

Kamala has been gifted an inside run with the timing and is killing it. She's not heavy on policy, just enough to avoid fucking herself over by completely avoiding it. Countering Trumps non stop insanity is giving her space to avoid spooking the electorate with any policy mis-steps. it's hers to lose, no question.

We'll see of course, I am reading the room from a great distance, so of course can be dead wrong, but I just can't see how he gets anywhere near winning. Even in tight swing states. He doesn't even seem to be trying, or really to give a fuck. Where is he getting more votes from? How is he not massively bleeding votes? It's all hate, spite, and idiocy.

My bet is all in, Harris and the Dems will SWEEP.

Blue wave baby.

Place your bets.....

You don't know what you are talking about. Trump is all about policy.  its the left who keeps telling you he isn't. You know who has no policy kamala, and not talking to anyone is no way to win an election unless you plan on stealing it again.

By the way, they've tracked how many times he's said Make America Great Again at 1,977 since 2020 

this was New Jersey yesterday. there is no way Trump has less support than kamala

Edited by hummingbird69

17 hours ago, Strider said:

People are going back to theaters.

Yep, went to the theater recently to see "Reagan".  Excellent movie.   Showed how great this country once was before the dems/commies/fascists took over and made us a laughing stock.  China, Russia, Iran, etc. just love the Biden/Harris regime and the corrupt government we now have as they plan their worldwide takeover.