Hoodie girl from The Song Remains the Same film

Thank you for all the love. Here is a pic of the tambourine. I was 18 years old. The concert was a gift from my boyfriend. Sorry to say the hoodie won't be worn. It has not been worn since that concert. I found out about me in the movie when my teenage kids got call from their cousins saying I was in the movie late 1990s. At the time I did not think anything of it. I was one of many faces that was seen in the movie. So again thank you for the ❤️ 323048753_9365(1).jpeg.6da43a1a17a643b662c9b9431c73f542.jpeg

I cannot thank you enough for sharing your story with us...you've left many of us stunned!  What a story to have and share!  You made my (and many others I'm sure) day yesterday.  I was running around the office yesterday yelling "We found Hoodie Girl"!    

Does anyone know why this thread title has "Cop" in it?  Is there someone else who came forward to say that they were the cop in the film?

Thanks Ana for sharing your story.  I would like to know if there's any background info on your hoodie?  Were did you get it?  Was it a favorite item of clothing before the concert?  Amazing that you still have it after all these years!

There are other people in the film that I would like to get their story.  Speaking of cops, I like the black policemen who wrestled with that guy to get him out of the arena.  They did it with nice care compared to what you sometimes see today.

Hallelujah! She has been found!

Ana! Ana! Ana! Thank you for coming forward and revealing your story. I have seen "The Song Remains the Same" at least 200 times and your smiling hooded presence has always been a source of joy and mystery to me and millions of other Led Zeppelin fans.

I have always wondered: Who was that girl? Who was the bloke? Did she know she was in the movie? Did she go to other Led Zeppelin concerts? And a million other questions, haha.

Such as, were there notices at the Garden that night that they were filming and that your image might be used? Did you have to sign any waiver or something like that? How many other Led Zeppelin concerts did you see? Did you go in 1971, 1972, 1975, or 1977?

Have you ever gone to a midnight screening of "The Song Remains the Same" or watched it with your kids at home on DVD?

Anyway, thank you again for coming forward, Ana. A holy grail mystery has been solved at last! 

1 hour ago, Traveling Riverside Coder said:

Does anyone know why this thread title has "Cop" in it?  Is there someone else who came forward to say that they were the cop in the film?

I was wondering the same thing.  I thought it might be about the cop that lets in the two guys from the garage area.  The one that says "lotta fun, lotta fun".  Or the "no comment, no comment" cop.  We all knew instantly what was meant by "hoodie" girl.  Anyways, great story Ana.

12 hours ago, Mattius said:

Hey Ana, You captured much imagination with your lovely smile. Now the truth is out. Brilliant story. Any chance of wearing the famous hoodie & reenacting your classic, (dare I say legendary), pose? It would please many on this site. Nice to meet you, albeit  virtually! Good vibes from Wiltshire in the UK! :)

Another really creepy request. 

11 hours ago, MackeyWilliams said:

Another really creepy request. 

Not at all but there is something to be said for appreciating some tender moments for the once in a lifetime, never to be repeated moments that they are. I recall when Virginia Parker, the actress who played the blonde damsel in distress in Robert's fantasy sequence posted here. She shared with us some recent photos of herself with a number of oil paintings she had done.    Life moved on for everyone in that film. Whatever they choose to share now, I find it all very interesting.   

How wonderful it is to know ( after all these years ) that you Ana have come forward to introduce yourself to us.

Such an iconic moment in history for sure. Millions of us Zeppelin Fans have that moment of the film imbedded in our memories.

What I would have given to be there in 73 , even if I was only 10 @ the time hehe.

When you smiled at the very moment Robert hit that vocal couldn't have had better timing! So amazing!

I can safely say that all of us felt exactly as you did in that moment. ( though RP wasn't my crush ) he he

Again thank you so kindly for putting a story to a face in such a monumental piece of time.

I hope your life is blessed.

Regards Randy Carr

Hi, Ana.

I hope it’s not too overwhelming to hear this outpouring of messages from people excited to know your identity and the backstory of your amazing experience that wound up getting included in The Song Remains the Same movie.

I also hope you feel good about the fact that you have added a little bit of light to so many people’s lives. The expression on your face captured on film has helped so many of us to vicariously experience the joy you were obviously feeling. You are truly a part of Led Zeppelin lore. Even my (adult) daughter, upon seeing the film for the first time, had to hit pause to remark on your reaction and ask me who you are. I answered that you were the Mystery Girl who all the fans were in love with.

I hope you’re having fun with this.

Yes it's been overwhelming. For years my son kept telling me to find out if  there was something out there to look at . I kept saying I dont have time. So when I found this forum , I showed him, all I got was from him was "I told you so".. So yes I think I needed this mystery solved for me too.  But still have questions,  why me ? Why RP pointed at me ? The bigger question why he wanted to give me the tambourine ? Did he give out other tambourine to other fans in concerts? So now I'm trying to remember when he gave me the tambourine. I know it was not in SIBLY. So I'm now going over the DVD to see if any cameras caught it.

Hi Ana. If you don’t mind me saying so I would think the reason Robert pointed to you was because he was attracted to you! And the tunic made you stand out even further. And just as his performance was moving to you, your presence obviously moved him as well, enough to want to gift you with the tambourine!

Hi Ana,

Again, many thanks for stepping out and solving this decades old mystery!  For posterity, I hope you write down all the details you can remember about that evening and save it with your hoody.  Not necessarily to share with us on here, but we Zep fans...and future ones...we would appreciate this being documented by you so it doesn't get lost in the future.

Why Robert chose you?  Pretty obvious to us!  😁 That said, I believe it is extremely rare as I read somewhere that Robert and Jimmy stopped tossing out mementos like guitar picks and tambourines because they didn't like seeing (as you experienced) fans fighting over the items.

Which is why,  again, I think it's important for you to document as much as you can remember of that night  and keep it in your family archives.

Thanks again and bless you and your family.    

I must tread lightly but I'll mention that Robert has spoken openly of his affinity for Eastern cultures - the geography, customs, people etc. Don't know if Ana's seen a photo of Robert's then wife Maureen. But regardless of background it's certainly easy to see how Ana would've caught Robert's attention - or anyone else's for that matter.

I wonder how Maureen reacted first time she saw the film. "Hmmm...who's that, Robert?" 😐

Are we certain the footage of Ana's reaction was filmed during SIBLY? TSRTS was such a copy/paste editing job it could've come from another part of the show.

And how was it decided to shoot Ana during the show? Did Robert request it after he noticed her? Did the director discover her? One of the camera operators? Yea some of these questions may be impossible to answer.

I'm floored that Ana didn't realize she was in the film until about 20 years later. That's amazing!

As for the waiver question, I don't think that was part of the equation in public film making at the time. Remember when Woodstock came out in 1970 there protests from kids appearing in the film demanding compensation. Don't think that ever went anywhere. Besides it took 2-3 years to complete TSRTS; even if they thought of waivers, how do track those people down? Well maybe the cops but that's about it. Oh and the 2 guys Peter Grant abused during the pirate poster sequence! Imagine if they'd asked those guys to sign waivers? We'd never have seen that footage! It would've taken as much money as disappeared from the Drake Hotel. Wait...that makes me wonder.....nah couldn't be. 😄

Fantastic story. Thank you, Ana, for coming forward and sharing your experience with us!

1 hour ago, Brigante said:

How brilliant is it that this could happen after all this time? Answer: brilliant!

I agree...it made my week!  I was running up and down the halls here at work that day yelling "We found hoodie girl!  We found hoodie girl!"  Two people knew what I was talking about, the rest thought I'd gone nuts!

So I just realized that I look like her, when someone posted that he was right that I was not her. So I'm not Eastern European , but I love the culture.  I'm from  the Caribbean culture. With some French and Spanish in my blood. I know the day I was there JPs outfit was the black suit with the red Poppys on it. I did talk to one or two cameramen to find out what they were doing there. So yes they did an ok job copy and pasting. But that is what you get when you do a live show. I heard that the stolen money was an inside job. The world of entertainment always has its ugly side. 

4 hours ago, Ana Pearce said:

So I just realized that I look like her, when someone posted that he was right that I was not her. So I'm not Eastern European , but I love the culture.  I'm from  the Caribbean culture. With some French and Spanish in my blood. I know the day I was there JPs outfit was the black suit with the red Poppys on it. I did talk to one or two cameramen to find out what they were doing there. So yes they did an ok job copy and pasting. But that is what you get when you do a live show. I heard that the stolen money was an inside job. The world of entertainment always has its ugly side. 

Just being curious, but did you get to see the band again on later tours at the Garden, or anywhere else, or was that your first and last experience of them live?