If Jimmy is ever to play live again, this would be the perfect opportunity..

Wolfman

He's not played live in front of an audience in nearly 12 years.  He's 79 and, by the looks of it, not terribly steady on his feet any more.
He's turned down or ignored multiple opportunities to play live or record  with others.
His main guitars spent a significant amount of time displayed in a museum - meaning if he actually does any practise at all (as he claims.... I have my doubts), it's mainly been on the acoustic.
He's done as a player.

I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong.

Edited by woz70

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Oh, if it's on Facebook it must be true. :popcorn2:

I wasn’t suggesting he’s right. I was raising him as an example of misguided optimism. He reckons Page is probably practicing already for it

Over at the Royal Orleans forum yesterday there were some posts made by @Cookie0024 saying there will be no Jimmy Page performance. When asked if this came direct from Jimmy Page's people and how he knew, @Cookie0024 responded that his information did not come from any official spokesperson for Jimmy Page, but from a source with knowledge of the lineup for the shows. https://www.royal-orleans.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48080&start=50

On 3/31/2023 at 12:23 PM, luvlz2 said:

Over at the Royal Orleans forum yesterday there were some posts made by @Cookie0024 saying there will be no Jimmy Page performance. When asked if this came direct from Jimmy Page's people and how he knew, @Cookie0024 responded that his information did not come from any official spokesperson for Jimmy Page, but from a source with knowledge of the lineup for the shows. https://www.royal-orleans.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48080&start=50

Fair enough, but it doesn't take a post from @Cookie0024 or anyone else anywhere else to know there will be no Jimmy Page performance.

I wouldn't expect a man at Jimmy's age to perform in public. Despite the desire to perhaps do so,

age has it's limitations and Jimmy always seemed be on his game (to me);  He was and continues to be a 

source of inspiration for many of us. His longevity as a musician spanned several eras of Rock music and that alone 

should stand as a “monument” to his skills and influence on shifting musical tastes.

ADK-Zeppy

• 2 months later...

Thanks for sharing! Jimmy looks in good spirits. Happy and healthy.

I just saw Robert in concert on Wednesday night in Toronto and he looks great too. Also seems happy and in great spirits. He put on an incredible show with Alison.

6 hours ago, ohjimmy said:

Thanks for sharing! Jimmy looks in good spirits. Happy and healthy.

I just saw Robert in concert on Wednesday night in Toronto and he looks great too. Also seems happy and in great spirits. He put on an incredible show with Alison.

😎👍🎶

R😎

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, Jimmy has been done with playing, in public anyway, for many years now. Probably down to a combination of declining health, it’s rumoured he’s got some joint issues in his wrists/fingers and a lack of any real motivation to do so. He’s nothing to prove and still takes a keen interest in music and the arts in general.
I wish him well in his old age.