Zeppelin Mysteries Hosted by Steve A. Jones

SteveAJones

There is a series of photos from Leeds '71(?) I believe (Bonzo in the Snoopy shirt), anyway, this guy was identified as Peter Grant, who it is NOT, of course. Is it Cole? Who is this guy in the ridiculous nehru jacket?

Images seem to match others in the official timeline for Leeds University, March 9, 1971. I agree that it doesn't appear to be Peter Grant or Richard Cole. Photographer John Rettie nearly divulges whom it is in this video feature whilst discussing a backstage photo of Led Zeppelin.

Update: I believe the man in the hat is multi-media artist Zacron, whom Jimmy met in 1963 when Zacron was a student at Kingston Art College.

Zacron resigned a lectureship at Leeds Polytechnic and founded Zacron Studios. In 1970 Jimmy commissioned him to design the album cover art for Led Zeppelin III. The album was released October 5, 1970; this was Led Zeppelin's first return to Leeds since that time and it seems Zacron was invited to attend as a guest of the band.

http://www.numbernin...ckwith_2000.jpg

http://www.numberninethegallery.com/index_numbernine.php?page=rambling_200812071504

Edited by SteveAJones

Anyone gonna shed some light on the ZoSo or is everyone going to get annoyed im asking

Not annoyed, just disappointed the search function wasn't used as I've responded to inquiries on this mystery numerous times in the past. Use the search function and light will be shed upon it.

Hi Steve,

BBC Sessions:

March 69

June 69

April 71

Montreux:

March 70

Aug 71

Oct 72

Did either entity approach Peter Grant for Zep to once again record/play following their last live appearance at each location?

I take "entity" to mean the British Broadcasting Corporation and Claude Nobs, founder/promoter of the Montreux Jazz Festival. I can't think of any specific BBC overtures to the group for another recording session after 1971.

Infosar as the Montreux Jazz Festival the timing was usually off as that event is normally held annually in June/July; in 73 they were on tour, '74 on break, '75 in tax exile status, '76 on break, '77 on tour, 78 on hiatus, '79 preparing for Copenhagen and Knebworth, '80 on tour. They did of course stay with Claude in '75, during which time they all attended

the festival. JPJ performed with Etta James (July 11) and Maria Muhldar (July 20). Bonzo went with him to watch Count Basie in a jam session and they met drummer Mitch Miles (July 19).

Do You Remember... Vintage Led Zeppelin T-Shirts

1977HobartIndianaHighSchool.jpg

1977 Hobart, Indiana High School Yearbook Photo

Possibly a t-shirt purchased through national music magazines such as Circus, Hit Parader or Creem

Yes, I remember this shirt as I had it in a light blue! I think I bought it at the Kansas State Fair at one of those tshirt vendors. I was in high school when I bought it so it would have been between 77-81. I no longer can locate this shirt so I must have given it away at some point. I wish I hadn't have done that.

Yes, I remember this shirt as I had it in a light blue! I think I bought it at the Kansas State Fair at one of those tshirt vendors. I was in high school when I bought it so it would have been between 77-81. I no longer can locate this shirt so I must have given it away at some point. I wish I hadn't have done that.

How about that! Thanks for helping to clarify how they could have been obtained - t-shirt vendors at the state fair.

John Paul Jones Triple-Neck Instrumental on www.johnpauljones.com

http://johnpauljones.com/video_tripleneck2000.html

Is this multi-camera footage from the 3/14/00 House of Blues concert in New Orleans?

I know three songs from this gig were sanctioned for simulcast on the internet at the now defunct www.rockuniverse.com website, but it's my understanding each of those

songs were incomplete.

Is there any confirmation or further details available concerning how many of the JPJ solo gigs were professionally audio/video recorded? I distinctly recall seeing a single

boom mike and camera mounted atop the soundboard in Frankfurt on 11/8/99.

Steve,

I attended this show and was maybe 4 feet from JPJ throughout as I was standing first row center. I can be seen within this video for about 1/2 second towards the end. Anyway,I'm positive that this show was filmed for broadcast on the web. I recall looking for cameras at the show as it was announced that it would be filmed.

On a related note, I asked JPJ about his plans to release any audio or video from the Zooma tour when he was a guest on Rockline radio in Feb 2002. I have that radio show on CD somewhere in storage. JPJ replied that he did have plans to release live audio and/or video at that time.

Mysterious Encounters: Believe It...Or Not?

In 1978 I was an "A" Level student in Whitland Grammar School and like all sixth formers at the time, Zeppelin were the tops and most played band in the Sixth form room!! One of the Bank Holiday weekends was looming - Whitsun I think -and I had heard a whisper through the family grapevine that something big was happening in Pendine over the weekend. Robert Plant was an aquaintance of a cousin of mine who lived at Red Roses, and I was reliably informed that "The" Mr. Plant was staying with him over the weekend, and furthermore would be doing a live turn at The Silverdales Caravan Club in Pendine on Saturday night. Unbelievable, or so thought everyone I told in school leading up to the wekend, except for one who met me in Pendine and trekked to Silverdales coinciding with the end of the bingo!!! The ceilings in the club were probably only 10 foot high. The group were introduced as Melvin and the Marauders. The front man - none other than Robert Plant!! What a night, two and a half hours of raw rock 'n' roll and the amazing vocals of this Rock God. An incredible experience that I still remember vividly to this day. Oh what joy it was to return to school and tell the "Zeppers" that yes, HE ACTUALLY WAS IN PENDINE, and oh, it was awesome. -- Mark Done, Carmarthen

(SAJ Notes: There are two confirmed gigs featuring Robert Plant sitting in with Melvin's Marauders - July ?? 1978 at Wolverly Memorial Hall and May 16, 1979 at Stourbridge Wine Bar. If Mark Done's recollection is accurate it would be a third).

Well it just seems a few years ago when I was sitting in the Talbot Inn in Stourbridge on Christmas eve minding my own business when this tramp with golden locks parks himself next to me, accompanied by a bevie of females with equal flowing hair. It didnt take me long to recognise that husky voice, looked up from me pint and there he was, old Planty himself. Looked as if he had just come off the allotment. Dazed and confused? You bet I was. --Roger from Redditch

I was at both the Knebworth concerts, but my claim to fame is beating Mr Plant at pool at the Sloop Inn in Llandogo in the Wye Valley - he had a house nearby on the Welsh side and sometimes dropped in for a beer in the early 80's - he even chatted the (now) wife up when she worked behind the bar! --Chris , England

Like so many comments here, I endorse everything said about Led Zep.They were the greatest live band I've ever seen.I saw them at Earls Court on Friday 23 May 1975. Four hours, including a 45 minutes encore. I still have the ticket, but I gave away the programme. My biggest thrill was meeting Robert Plant at Yales Cafe in Wrexham in 1999, when he was playing with the Priory Of Bryon. He signed my Led Zep book, then I sat in wonder for an hour, listening to him go through all the tech stuff before going on stage.--Elly Roberts, Wrexham ( Music Journalist)

(SAJ Notes: Wrexham Central Station gig on November 27, 1999).

Went to one of the Knebworth gigs in '79 - the greatest show ever by he greatest band ever - Zepp III I rate as tops! Saw Robert & Jimmy at the Rocks in Sydney in 1994 - they both took time out to talk to me and my wife (also a fan!) Managed to get the photo and they signed a page of my Oz guide book ripping the page in the process.--Gary Rowley, Stoke-on-Trent

(SAJ Notes: Page/Plant promotional duties in Australian in November 1994).

I am 43 now and was coming of age into music in the 70's when my older brother broke me from pop music by playing Led Zeppelin- I was and still am enamoured by this magical music. I shook Roberts hand once - I was at an LA Kings game (the old forum) in the late 80's and managed to walk into the owners box. Security tried to push me out but I said "I love Led Zeppelin", and Robert, hearing this, pushed aside security and shook my hand and kindly signed an autograph. I saw him live at the Universal Ampitheater later and he played several Zep classics. (I bought a ticket for that brother that introduced me to them). Best band of all time.--Jim Johnston, Los Angeles

(SAJ Notes: Plant performed at Universal City's Universal Amphitheatre on November 30 & December 1 1988).

I saw (and met) Robert Plant in 1981 when he played at the Blue Note Club in Derby (my home town) with the Honey drippers. Great gig... managed to take a few photos of Robert on stage (with my black and white polaroid camera) and got one of me and him plus a yong woman after the show. Memories....! --Shaun Reilly, Auckland, New Zealand

(SAJ Notes: Plant performed at the Blue Note in Derby on April 13, 1981).

I had the awesome pleasure of meeting all of Led Zep about a year before the sad,sad death of John Bonham, they came to stay at Clearwell Castle to record in John Mayalls mobile studio, they were crazy, but lovely and stayed for a couple of weeks, drank loads and told WILD stories, met Robert Plant several times afterwards as he bought a property in Pennallt and drank in the local and in the Nags Head, Monmouth. --Jane Davies, Forest of Dean

(SAJ Notes: Clearwell Castle rehearsals in May 1978...The Argoed in Pennalt)

I've never seen Led Zeppelin in concert even though they're my favorite band ever, but I've seen Robert Plant in his first solo tour in Montreal. After the concert, there was alot of encores and it seems like I got out the arena too soon, thinking it was finished but it wasn't. I'm happy that I left because the best thing happened right after. I went to get my car and as i was passing by the arena, I saw the limos getting out the building and decided to follow.They stopped at a restaurant in old Montreal. The limo driver told me that he knew I was following and told Robert Plant who turned back to look and said it's ok he's alone we'll receive him. Imagine the smile I had when the driver told me that. So standing outside the restaurant talking with the driver, I just couldn't beleive I was gonna meet Robert Plant then the driver told me he couldn't wait any longer for the band to get out so he left but before he told me to tell them to call him when they need him. After awhile,the band get out and there I was standing on the sidewalk in front of them. Robert came to me and said "Are you the guy that was following us?" I said "Yes, I am" and then he stayed there for an hour to talk with me. This is something I'll never forget. I was 18 back then. What a memory.--Gaetan Daigle, Montreal Quebec

(SAJ Notes: Plant performed at The Forum in Montreal on September 8, 1983).

Saw Zeppelin at Knebworth 79, called round Robert's house in Kinver once and met his parents - Robert was away. I asked them if they could ring me when he returned as I would love to meet him. Imagine my suprise when his father called. I then met Robert on his birthday and watched him perform that night at JB's club in Dudley. Now I'm just waiting for him to come to Australia.--Haydn from Adelaide

(SAJ Notes: Plant performed at JBs in Dudley on August 22, 1982...if Haydn's recollection is accurate (Aug 28th) this would be a previously unconfirmed date. So far as I know he never owned a home in Kinver).

1994. I was driving , and the local radio station was giving some information about the gig that that same night Aerosmith was playing in Buenos Aires.. and somehow they mentioned the rumour that Jimmy Page was in town and would join them on stage... There I went, and It happened to be true! He joined them for "the train kept a rolling", and I guess half of the stadium was there to see him. ( Zeppelin never played anywhere in South America)--Jorge Barcelo, from Buenos Aires--Jorge Barcelo, Buenos Aires

(SAJ Notes: Page/Plant promotional duties in Argentina in November 1994. They both met up with Aerosmith and Jimmy had lunch with Joe (during which he asked if he would do the Hall of Fame induction speech) but I've never seen any evidence other than this recollection to suggest Jimmy jammed with Aerosmith during his stay).

I had the honour of spending some time with Jimmy Page in 91' while he was recording with David Coverdale. What an absolute joy he was. I don't think he said a negative thing the entire time, and down to earth. He truly is a genuine person and very funny too!--Patrick Sloan from Reno

(SAJ Notes: There are at least two confirmed Page appearances in Reno in May '91 - the FM '96 Rock Party on May 9th and the Poison concert at Lawlor Events Center on May 14th).

I had the pleasure of meeting Jimmy Page at the Riffathon Final in 2005. What a man! Led Zep are a massive influence on my band Polarian so check them out! Seeing Jimmy play live will stay with me for life!!--Ben Picken, Welshpool

(SAJ Notes: Hammersmith Palais, July 24, 2005)

Plant lives next door to my aunty. My aunty had dinner with him. Rock n roll. I'm knocking on his door when I next go up there. I'm looking forward to it! John Paul Jones is a legend!--James Gregory - Tring near London

Have vague memories of meeting John Bonham and his son when they came down to PD to fish circa 75/76. I was 14ish and not fully aware of who he was or his rock status. From what I remember a local guy Tommy Shone, whose son I hung out with, looked after a boat of John's that was moored in the Haven near Pennar Park. Got invited out with them for a day's fishing off St Annes Head. If anyone could confirm he had a boat in the area I might be able to add some substance to my memories.--Steve Lade, Pembroke Dock

(SAJ Notes: There is a photo of Bonzo at the helm of a boat taken by his brother Mick in the "Bonham by Bonham" photo set)

My father and I also bumped into Robert Plant at the Cropredy Festival. Unfortunately i was only six at the time and could not appreciate his true god status. I did make my dad proud by stating who he was at the time though. even though I was so young I still remember his presence and now I'm 20 I can appreciate their music a whole lot more and recognise them as the best band ever.--Gary Savory, West Wales

I once bumped into Robert Plant at Cropredy Festival. I was so star struck I fell to my knee's and cried "We're not worthy" ala Wayne's World. He was not impressed.--Ben Davolls, Hammersmith

(SAJ Notes: I have confirmed Plant sightings/participation at Cropredy Festival on August 9, 1986, August 11 & 14 1992, August 11, 2000)

I used to work on the door on the Bay and got told off by my boss for letting "that man" in for free. I told him that Robert Plant had just walked past me and he said...er...ok...good work, before disappearing red-faced!--Stuart Radford,

Lincoln

Yes, I was one of the lucky ones who saw Led Zepplin in the King's Hall in January 1973 (concert tickets were advertised in a tiny block ad in the Cambrian News just before Christmas 1972 - everyone thought it was a spoof!) ... and yes, members of the band could be seen in various drinking establishments in and around Aber. Seen Led Zepplin perform on a number of occasions but the King's Hall gig was by far the most memorable.--John Williams, Quainton, Bucks

(SAJ Notes: Kings Hall, January 16, 1973)

Sure enough Robert Plant did/does own a property in Artists Valley, and he used to drink in my Nain and Taid's pub, The White Lion, Talybont. I know my Mum and grandparents met him a few times, but I was too young (approx 7 or 8) to appreciate who he was.--Angela, Chepstow

Rock God Robert Plant has a mortal side. I saw him the other day (Dec '07) in the Spar post office in Talybont, about 3 miles from his house. He was buying thirty second class stamps to send his Christmas cards. Merry Christmas Mr Plant.

--Guy, Talybont

I worked in the "sports" shop here in Mach in the 80`s and Robert Plant often came to buy his fishing gear ,very pleasant he was too. My daughter worked at WHSmith in Aber at the same time, in the music dept. He would ask her why she wasn`t playing his music. !!!!!!--Jean, Machynlleth

When attending the Welsh Agricultural College we came across John Bonham and Jimmy Page on a farm walk organised by ADAS on hill land reclamation schemes. They turned up in a range rover with 'lord of the Rings' motif painted on the bonnet. I also attended the gig they did at the Kings Hall, and that was held to spite the door staff of the Uni who wouldnt let them in to watch a band performing at the Uni becuase they werent students.--Wyn, Essex

(SAJ Notes: Kings Hall, January 16, 1973...seeking additional information about the ADAS farm walk)

Robert Plant could often be seen in the Central Pub back in the Eighties. He was more often than not a little worse for wear, and once propositioned the girlfriend (now wife) of a mate of mine. She was not at all amused!--Richard Smith,

Arundel

"John Bonham, the drummer of Led Zeppelin used to do impromptu drumming sessions at discos I used to run in the community hall at Machynlleth in the late '70s. He once gave me a signed set of Led Zeppelin albums but at the time I was into disco music and didn't like the music so I gave them away!!"--Dave Mansell, Machynlleth

Steve,

I attended this show and was maybe 4 feet from JPJ throughout as I was standing first row center. I can be seen within this video for about 1/2 second towards the end. Anyway,I'm positive that this show was filmed for broadcast on the web. I recall looking for cameras at the show as it was announced that it would be filmed.

On a related note, I asked JPJ about his plans to release any audio or video from the Zooma tour when he was a guest on Rockline radio in Feb 2002. I have that radio show on CD somewhere in storage. JPJ replied that he did have plans to release live audio and/or video at that time.

Hello Frank. As I understand only three songs were streamed over the internet. If the complete concert aired elsewhere I'm unaware of it. I don't think JPJ had made available nearly as much music as he could or perhaps even wanted to. He

was quite keen to distribute music digitally years ago. We've seen this to some extent with Them Crooked Vultures but

the full potential to release his recorded works - particularly live performances - has unfortunately yet to be realized.

Hello Frank. As I understand only three songs were streamed over the internet. If the complete concert aired elsewhere I'm unaware of it. I don't think JPJ had made available nearly as much music as he could or perhaps even wanted to. He

was quite keen to distribute music digitally years ago. We've seen this to some extent with Them Crooked Vultures but

the full potential to release his recorded works - particularly live performances - has unfortunately yet to be realized.

I have also heard repeated rumors that the entire 3/28/00 Irving Plaza show was pro shot for future release but got scrapped. Supposedly now hoarded but have never been able to confirm either... would be nice to see as that was a killer show.

Hopefully this isn't a repeat, but a few years ago on JPJ's website, I saw where he had answered a fan's question about the phone that can be seen on his keyboard in the Knebworth video. He said something to the effect that it appeared there one day and it never rang, and he didn't know what it was for.

I think I can shed some light on it: such phones are used for performers to communicate directly with the soundman (who has a similar phone at his end), without having to broadcast it over the PA. So if a bandmember had wanted to tell the soundman to turn up the stage monitor or some such, they could have done so privately via that phone. Though it's odd that a phone like that would be put in place without telling the band what it was for!

Hopefully this isn't a repeat, but a few years ago on JPJ's website, I saw where he had answered a fan's question about the phone that can be seen on his keyboard in the Knebworth video. He said something to the effect that it appeared there one day and it never rang, and he didn't know what it was for.

I think I can shed some light on it: such phones are used for performers to communicate directly with the soundman (who has a similar phone at his end), without having to broadcast it over the PA. So if a bandmember had wanted to tell the soundman to turn up the stage monitor or some such, they could have done so privately via that phone. Though it's odd that a phone like that would be put in place without telling the band what it was for!

Actually, I asked JPJ that personally when I got to meet him after the DVD premiere in NYC. I told him how it had been in numberous discussions and his reply was that it just got put there at some point during the rehearsals/soundchecks and never moved. Just kinda became glued to the set. Then in his good humored way he added "I'm just glad it never rang during a number I wouldn't know what to do!"

you can read that whole long winded encounter here:

http://www.oldbuckeye.com/Nechs_NYC_Moment/

Hello Frank. As I understand only three songs were streamed over the internet. If the complete concert aired elsewhere I'm unaware of it.

Steve,

My notes show that the entire House Of Blues show was streamed at hob.com on 7/23/2000 (pushed back from 6/3 due to technical issues). Viewers were given the option of a free low-bandwidth version or a pay-per-view high-bandwidth version.

My own connection was so slow back then that I couldn't even access the low-bandwidth version. :(

Steve,

My notes show that the entire House Of Blues show was streamed at hob.com on 7/23/2000 (pushed back from 6/3 due to technical issues). Viewers were given the option of a free low-bandwidth version or a pay-per-view high-bandwidth version.

My own connection was so slow back then that I couldn't even access the low-bandwidth version. sad.gif

Thanks, Scott. I'll update my files. Hopefully someone out there was able to archive a copy.

Not annoyed, just disappointed the search function wasn't used as I've responded to inquiries on this mystery numerous times in the past. Use the search function and light will be shed upon it.

Probably one of the best places to check out for info on the symbol....

http://www.inthelight.co.nz/ledzep/zososymbol.htm

The book is also a good read.

I may be coming in late on this, but I'm confused about Phil Carlo / Phil Carson. Are they the same guy? I ask because a) "Phil Carlo" is said to have replaced Richard Cole as tour manager in 1980, B) Cole was sometimes nicknamed "Ricardo," and c) Atlantic official Phil Carson worked for the band and was briefly the manager of JP and RP post-1980. Could Phil Carlo just be a familiar title for Phil Carson? If not, whatever happened to Carlo?The similarity between the two names is confusing, as is their respective work for the band. What's the story?

I may be coming in late on this, but I'm confused about Phil Carlo / Phil Carson. Are they the same guy? I ask because a) "Phil Carlo" is said to have replaced Richard Cole as tour manager in 1980, cool.gif Cole was sometimes nicknamed "Ricardo," and c) Atlantic official Phil Carson worked for the band and was briefly the manager of JP and RP post-1980. Could Phil Carlo just be a familiar title for Phil Carson? If not, whatever happened to Carlo?The similarity between the two names is confusing, as is their respective work for the band. What's the story?

George, they are two completely separate and unique people.

Phil Carson was an Atlantic Records executive who jammed with the band on occasion and helped Jason Bonham get his first record deal. Phil Carson's connections to the band and current whereabouts were explored previously in this thread.

withphil-ahmet.jpg

Phil Carson, Ahmet Ertegun, & Robert Plant

Phil Carlo was originally Bad Company's road manager who eventually replaced Richard Cole when the Over Europe '80 tour rehearsals began on 4/27/80. He went on to work with Jimmy in the same capacity through the 1980s. There is a photo of Phil in the Members of Led Zeppelin's Entourage thread. Here's his tour bag courtesy of Sems Fir:

PhilCarloBag2.jpg

PhilCarloBag4.jpg

PhilCarloBag1.jpg

PhilCarloBag3.jpg

Edited by SteveAJones

Swan Song Records

Swan Song Records was a record label launched by Led Zeppelin on May 10, 1974. It was managed by Led Zeppelin's manager Peter Grant and was a vehicle for the band to promote its own products as well as sign artists who found it difficult to obtain contracts with other major labels. The decision to launch the label came after Led Zeppelin's five year contract with Atlantic Records expired at the end of 1973. Atlantic Records ultimately distributed the label's product.

The label design was based on Evening, Fall of Day (1869) by painter William Rimner, while the company logo featured a pair of swans. According to legend, a swan's song is beautiful but said to be sung only once during its lifetime, as it is dying.

A lavish media party was held at Chislehurst Caves in Kent, England on October 31, 1974, to celebrate the label�s first release by the Pretty Things, Silk Torpedo. By March 1975, Swan Song had four albums (Bad Company, Silk Torpedo, Physical Graffiti, and Suicide Sal) in the Billboard Top 200 chart. The recording label also partly funded film projects such as Monty Python and the Holy Grail in 1975.

Artists who signed with the label but did not produce any releases included New York singer-songwriter Mirabai, Metropolis which featured members from the Pretty Things, guitarist Richie Sambora (who later joined Bon Jovi), and the Kentucky Headhunters. Both Iron Maiden and The Q Tips featuring Paul Young were considered but not signed. Four artists that Swan Song Records wanted to sign but bowed out to other labels were Roy Harper, blues guitarist Bobby Parker, composer Vangelis, and John Lennon before his return to music in 1980.

Swan Song ceased operations in October 1983 due to the break-up of Led Zeppelin and Peter Grant's health problems. A rescue attempt to save the label by Atlantic Records executive Phil Carson proved fruitless. Peter Grant did help Robert Plant get signed to Atlantic Records as a solo artist, and Robert started his own label Es Paranza Records in the wake of Swan Song's demise, while Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones also signed recording contracts with Atlantic Records.

• UK Address: 484 Kings Road, London, SW10 U.K.
  • US Address: 444 Madison Avenue, New York, New York, 10022 U.S.A.

Primary Personnel

• Peter Grant - President
  • Danny Goldberg - Vice-president (US) - (1974-1976)
  • Abe Hock - Vice-president (UK) - (1974-1976)
  • Phil Carson - Atlantic Records liaison
  • Alan Callan - Vice-president - (1977-1983)
  • Steven Weiss - Attorney (US)
  • Shelley Kaye - (assistant to Steve Weiss and administered Flames of Albion Music) (US)
  • Joan Hudson Accountant (UK)
  • Mark London Band security
  • Mitchell Fox, Nancy Gurskik - Assistants (US)
  • Carole Brown, Unity Maclean, Sian Meredith - Assistants (UK)

The following is a list of Swan Song Records commercially-released records, with release dates, catalogue numbers, title, and artists. It is not all inclusive insofar as foreign pressings (Europe, Japan, Canada etc). Any additions or corrections would be welcomed.

Label discography

Edited by SteveAJones

Hi Steve! :wave:

Thanks so much for your update. I did read that article about the "Wild Man" a while back. The vintage t-shirt photo (1977 Hobart, Indiana High School Yearbook Photo) with the iron on of Led Zeppelin In Concert reminded me of the movie "Heart Like A Wheel". If I recall correctly there's a scene where Anthony Edwards is wearing the same style t-shirt while sitting a table. I should have another round of questions to post up soon, on top of the ones I already sent your way in this thread.

Robert

Infosar as the Montreux Jazz Festival the timing was usually off as that event is normally held annually in June/July; in 73 they were on tour, '74 on break, '75 in tax exile status, '76 on break, '77 on tour, 78 on hiatus, '79 preparing for Copenhagen and Knebworth, '80 on tour. They did of course stay with Claude in '75, during which time they all attended

the festival. JPJ performed with Etta James (July 11) and Maria Muhldar (July 20). Bonzo went with him to watch Count Basie in a jam session and they met drummer Mitch Miles (July 19).