Zeppelin Mysteries Hosted by Steve A. Jones

SteveAJones

I've yet to see a photo of Jimmy Page smoking a cigarette onstage prior to the 1977 U.S. tour. I do recall from a short interview around that time Page saying he had recently started smoking to piss off some flight attendant while traveling. Sounds convenient.

No photographic evidence of Jimmy Page smoking prior to the 1977 U.S. tour could be found.

jimmypagesmoking.jpg

After reading Steve's post the other day, I have been working on a sigil to put a curse on the ZeppFanForever bashers, LOL. laugh.gif

But seriously, I have been thinking about a sigil for some other things that could be helpful to me.

It definitely will take some time to figure out. Just for fun.

I truly don't believe in magic, but I do believe that what you allow in your thoughts will influence your behavior. So if you think negatively, then negative things will happen to you through your negative behavior. If you think positively, then your actions will be postitive and you will have more positive outcomes. This is due to your own actions, not due to some hocus pocus.

But by concentrating your thoughts, and putting them into your subconcious with the sigil, you are focusing on your desired outcome, and your actions and efforts then will be directed at making your desire happen. Nothing magical about that. Just good ole psychology.

Yes, this can happen! And it does show once and for all that the human mind is indeed a very powerful thing!

http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&q=The+Law+or+Attraction&btnG=Google+Search

There are several photos of him from the Manticore Studio Sessions smoking. I'm assuming this was early 77 before the tour?

Good observation! Jimmy said they rehearsed nearly ten hours a day for a month at Manticore in January 1977.

Later that same year he told 'Gig' magazine they had begun tour rehearsals "a month before Christmas" before

taking a holiday break, but I have yet to confirm those were also held at Manticore. Regardless, I don't believe

any photos have surfaced from Nov '76 rehearsals. Since we're discussing smoking, it's interesting to note he

also said he spent some time as an in-patient at an exclusive health farm near London that Autumn ('76).

laugh.gif

Steve, I seem to remember reading in "The Press Reports" that some Zeppelin gigs were cancelled or rescheduled due to young Jason Bonham having a motorcross accident and his father returning to Britain to see that he was okay (Jason couldn't have been more than ten years old, which would have placed the episode in '73 or '75). Am I recalling this correctly? Anyone else come across this?

Steve, I seem to remember reading in "The Press Reports" that some Zeppelin gigs were cancelled or rescheduled due to young Jason Bonham having a motorcross accident and his father returning to Britain to see that he was okay (Jason couldn't have been more than ten years old, which would have placed the episode in '73 or '75). Am I recalling this correctly? Anyone else come across this?

Jason was only two and half and had received some stitches in his head. Bonzo flew home and four concerts were cancelled - Feb 3,4,5,6 1969 at Steve Paul's Scene (301 W. 46th Street) in Manhattan. This was a real shame as

the band - who always enjoyed themselves socially at Steve Paul's Scene - never did perform there.

Thanks Steve. Second and probably last question for a while, open to anyone who knows: I see a Stanley Blair was named as an injured concertgoer in Cincinnati during the 1977 LZ tour. Was this the same fan who was later reported to have died at this show? It seems like there was quite the melee at the event, so there were undoubtedbly several injured people - can anyone confirm the fatality?

I should note that I'm not trying to dig up any dirt here; the death of a fan at this concert has been cited in at least two LZ bios that I know of, and of course numerous other acts (incl. AC/DC, Metallica, the Stones, and the Who, also in Cincinatti) have had more deaths at their own gigs.

Thanks Steve. Second and probably last question for a while, open to anyone who knows: I see a Stanley Blair was named as an injured concertgoer in Cincinnati during the 1977 LZ tour. Was this the same fan who was later reported to have died at this show? It seems like there was quite the melee at the event, so there were undoubtedbly several injured people - can anyone confirm the fatality?

I should note that I'm not trying to dig up any dirt here; the death of a fan at this concert has been cited in at least two LZ bios that I know of, and of course numerous other acts (incl. AC/DC, Metallica, the Stones, and the Who, also in Cincinatti) have had more deaths at their own gigs.

An 18-year-old Dayton fan plunged 20 feet to a concrete ramp while trying to scale a wall, police said. Stanley Blair was reported in fair condition at Cincinnati hospital. Asst City Manager Henry Sandman told the Cincinnati City Council that 80 police officers, paid for by the Cincinnati Coliseum, will be used hereafter to prevent outbreaks of trouble. (The Telegram, April 21, 1977)

I don't have anything to substantiate Blair ultimately died from his injuries.

Welcome to my thread, won't you come inside. Miracles may happen, every now & again.

This thread is going to be about UNSOLVED LED ZEPPELIN MYSTERIES.

I am the thread starter and these are my guidelines:

1. Stay on topic. If your post doesn't pertain to an Unsolved Led Zeppelin Mystery

you will be placed on ignore.

2. Anyone can post what THEY believe to be an Unsolved Led Zeppelin Mystery, or

respond to one already posted. If you make a claim that solves a mystery be prepared to SUBSTANTIATE IT (news article, photo, credentials, etc).

3. NO BLACK MAGIC / BACKWARDS MASKING posts. I WILL ignore you.

Enjoy the thread! Here's hoping we can all solve a mystery or two together.

Who robbed $180,000 off Led Zeppelin receipts?

Who robbed $180,000 off Led Zeppelin receipts?

Answered previously in this thread so just to recap: The crime remains unsolved. Peter Grant and Richard Cole were questioned and released. The safety deposit box at the Drake Hotel was intact and I have speculated it was an inside job with possible mob connections. Led Zeppelin never stayed there again and it was demolished in 2007.

Edited by SteveAJones

Hi Steve,

Another anniversary question for you. Coming up on the 30th anniversary of the Melody Maker poll awards, where the mighty Zep collected 7 awards in 1979:

Top Band

Best Album (ITTOD)

Top Guitarist

Top Male Singer

Top Producer

Top Live Act

Top Composer

My question is, were there any other catgories that they were nominated for yet didn't win? Obvious are Top Drummer and Top Bass Player (unbelievable!).

Really an amazing achievement regardless, having been out of the spotlight the two previous years.

Interesting question come to think of it. Let me see what I can come up with. Hopefully others can provide input as well.

There's a reference about Jimmy smoking in Richard Cole's STH book that dates back to 71.

Just off the top of my head, I'd have to go and find the section for a quote.

Oddly there does seem to be a lack of photographic evidence on this one.

Bad habit and one we hope JP is still refraining from but we do wonder about those recent pics taken by Halfin with him holding a smoke along side of Ronnie Wood.

I had hoped it was a prop.

Smoking is just plain wrong and too easily discarded by many as otherwise.

There's a reference about Jimmy smoking in Richard Cole's STH book that dates back to 71.

Just off the top of my head, I'd have to go and find the section for a quote.

Oddly there does seem to be a lack of photographic evidence on this one.

Bad habit and one we hope JP is still refraining from but we do wonder about those recent pics taken by Halfin with him holding a smoke along side of Ronnie Wood.

I had hoped it was a prop.

Smoking is just plain wrong and too easily discarded by many as otherwise.

There are also pictures of Jimmy taken by Ross Halfin during the LA. Film Festival time, he was in a hotel room with an accoustic guitar, and there was a package of cigarettes on the table.

Hi Steve,

Another anniversary question for you. Coming up on the 30th anniversary of the Melody Maker poll awards, where the mighty Zep collected 7 awards in 1979, my question is, were there any other catgories that they were nominated for yet didn't win? Obvious are Top Drummer and Top Bass Player (unbelievable!).

1979 Melody Maker Reader's Poll Results

#1 Band of the Year

#1 Best Live Act

#1 Best Album

#1 Top Composer

#1 Male Singer

#1 Top Guitarist

#1 Producer

#2 Top Bassist

#2 Top Keyboardist

#2 Top Drummer

#3 Top Arranger

Source: 'Melody Maker', December 1, 1979

Who was listed for top Composer award, I guess the Arranger award went to JPJ?

I remember seeing the pictures of Robert,Bonzo & Jonesy with a armful of awards.

JPJ finished third in the Arranger category. I don't have the issue with me to confirm who beat them out. I think The Who or musicians inThe Who beat them in the other categories. Perhaps someone has the issue issue within arm's reach and can confirm this.

Edited by SteveAJones

JPJ finished third in the Arranger category. I don't have the issue with me to confirm who beat them out. I think The Who or musicians inThe Who beat them in the other categories. Perhaps someone has the issue issue within arm's reach and can confirm this.

Steve sorry, What I meant was top Composer award, did the band recieve the award or particular members of

the band as the axis seemed to shift on that album?

Hi.I have a longtime bothering question and I think this is the right place to post it.

I stoled :ph34r: from Youtube a beautiful live version of That's The Way and I didn't note down what concert was taken from. Of course, now the YT link is gone, and I would really like to find out what show was.

The version have an emphasized (compared to the studio version), beautiful mandoline part and, on the line with the dying fish, Plant says "oh dear".

Thanks! I'm sure is not some ultra rare stuff, but I'm too "entry level" to identify it.

Hi.I have a longtime bothering question and I think this is the right place to post it.

I stoled ph34r.gif from Youtube a beautiful live version of That's The Way and I didn't note down what concert was taken from. Of course, now the YT link is gone, and I would really like to find out what show was.

The version have an emphasized (compared to the studio version), beautiful mandoline part and, on the line with the dying fish, Plant says "oh dear". Thanks! I'm sure is not some ultra rare stuff, but I'm too "entry level" to identify it.

Possibly one of the five nights at Earls Court in '75. Try to repost it to YouTube or send me a link.