Prayers, Thoughts, & Positive Energies Welcome

Lake of Shadows

The lone survivor is the son of a friend.

Recent reports of his condition are encouraging but it's gonna be a long recovery. My heart goes out to him, his family, and the families of his fellow crew members.

3 killed, 1 injured in Navy helicopter crash

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Navy investigators began Thursday trying to figure out why a helicopter on a routine training mission went down in a fiery crash near a 971-foot antenna tower, killing three crew members and leaving the fourth in critical condition.

Authorities wouldn't confirm whether the MH-53 Sea Dragon smashed into the red-and-white tower late Wednesday, but a large piece of burned-out wreckage could be seen at the tower's base and a television station executive said he believed his station's tower was hit.

Click link for rest of story...LINK

kris-tv video coverage

Recent reports of his condition are encouraging but it's gonna be a long recovery. My heart goes out to him, his family, and the families of his fellow crew members.

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Navy investigators began Thursday trying to figure out why a helicopter on a routine training mission went down in a fiery crash near a 971-foot antenna tower, killing three crew members and leaving the fourth in critical condition.

Authorities wouldn't confirm whether the MH-53 Sea Dragon smashed into the red-and-white tower late Wednesday, but a large piece of burned-out wreckage could be seen at the tower's base and a television station executive said he believed his station's tower was hit.

kris-tv video coverage

Aw, Sorry Lakey, I hope he pulls thru. Sending good thoughts your way. :(

:(

That's such a heartbreaking tragedy, LoS. My sympathies to all of the friends and families of those who lost their lives in this accident. I saw, via the broadcast link, your friend's son being carried into the hospital by stretcher. I wish him the speediest of recoveries. Do keep us updated on his condition.

On Jan.11 a post was up on a thread -Robert Plant On This Morning- that ended up being shut down due to discord. There was a post on it That was a *~SIRENS CALL~* for all who wanted to join in agreement at 12noon(pst) daily in the Spirit of love ,intending all blockage be removed from our beloved Robert Plant`s heart and replaceing it with a breakthrough......for LED ZEPPELIN to do more shows ,as most are aware extreme #`s of fans (reported200million+& more) had overloaded the consert for Amhet Ertgun website in attempt to get Led Zeppelin tickets.The overwhelming demand still remains......and we want to grant the magical desires of Robert Plants heart as well as all of Led Zeppelins fans. the itv interview is still on Youtube . >>>>>>>>*Many Thanks To All*<<<<<<<< lajoie!

Edited by lajoie

kris-tv video coverage

my thoughts and prayers...for speedy recovery and condolences to family members of all involved.

On Jan.11 a post was up on a thread -Robert Plant On This Morning- that ended up being shut down due to discord. There was a post on it That was a *~SIRENS CALL~* for all who wanted to join in agreement at 12noon(pst) daily in the Spirit of love ,intending all blockage be removed from our beloved Robert Plant`s heart and replaceing it with a breakthrough......for LED ZEPPELIN to do more shows ,as most are aware extreme #`s of fans (reported200million+& more) had overloaded the consert for Amhet Ertgun website in attempt to get Led Zeppelin tickets.The overwhelming demand still remains......and we want to grant the magical desires of Robert Plants heart as well as all of Led Zeppelins fans. the itv interview is still on Youtube . >>>>>>>>*Many Thanks To All*<<<<<<<< lajoie!

my heart is with you, lajoie...and please forgive...

^WTF? What does that have to do with Lakey's opening post? NOTHING! :blink:

Lakey, my heart is heavy with that news. I really don't pray, but I will for this one. I know what it's like to be worried about the well-being of a military person that means a lot to you.

^WTF? What does that have to do with Lakey's opening post? NOTHING! :blink:

Mand---your too sweet! however ,I did send a PM to lake of shadows conserning my compassion ......I misunderstood the title of thread.........didn`t think positive intention was exclusive to one concern.peace-lajoie

Lakey, my heart is heavy with that news. I really don't pray, but I will for this one. I know what it's like to be worried about the well-being of a military person that means a lot to you.

Edited by lajoie

Thanks everybody. I'll keep folks posted. I don't personally know him, but I know his parents, and they're wonderful folks. It sounds like he's doing pretty well all things considered... it's a miracle he survived. I do know his mother was able to sleep last night and she looked semi-rested this morning... and I take that as a positive sign.

Thanks again everyone.

edited to add...

The news site reported he was listed in fair condition today. The Navy released the names of the men killed but not the guy who survived (so I deleted his first name).

http://www.kristv.com/global/story.asp?s=7743473

Friday afternoon, the Navy released the names of the men who were killed in a fiery helicopter crash Wednesday night.

Their MH-53E Sea Dragon went down four miles southwest of Corpus Christi after it hit an antenna tower that belongs to KEDT, the local public broadcasting station.

The lone survivor who was rushed to Spohn Memorial Hospital with critical injuries is listed in fair condition tonight.

The mood was very solemn at the base when the names of the victims were released. The deceased, all members of the HM-15 Squadron, are:

Lt. Joshua Gross, 30, of Alameda, California.

Petty Officer 2nd Class David Davison, 22, of Guthrie, Oklahoma, aviations warfare systems operator.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Alexander LeMarr, 25, of Parker, Colorado, aviations warfare systems operator.

Gross and Davison have been at NAS Corpus Christi for less than six months. LeMarr has been at the base for several years.

Gross and the sole survivor piloted the helicopter the night of the crash.

The survivor's name has not been released.

"I am very proud of the Blackhawk HM-15 and their families," said Cmdr. Frank Down of Squadron HM-15. "Their professional response and outpouring of support are truly impressive."

Dowd thanked emergency crews from the night of the crash, especially paramedic Steven McBride, for helping to pull the survivor to safety.

Squadron HM-15 has not been grounded as a result of the crash..

Dowd confirmed Friday that another MH-53 E Sea Dragon crashed in 2000 over the Gulf of Mexico, killing four servicemen on board.

Edited by Lake of Shadows

I'm happy to report that there's not really anything "new" to report. He continues to improve... it will still be a long recovery, but things are going okay all things considered.

Thanks again everybody...

Sounds like a "no news is good news" scenario, Lakey--so we'll keep all those good vibes coming. :)

• 3 weeks later...