Pet Peeves

Hotplant

I hear that!!!

I hear the train a comin'; it's rollin' 'round the bend,

And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when.

I'm stuck at Folsom Prison and time keeps draggin' on.

But that train keeps rollin' on down to San Antone.

When I was just a baby, my mama told me, "Son,

Always be a good boy; don't ever play with guns."

But I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

When I hear that whistle blowin' I hang my head and cry.

I bet there's rich folk eatin' in a fancy dining car.

They're prob'ly drinkin' coffee and smokin' big cigars,

But I know I had it comin', I know I can't be free,

But those people keep a movin', and that's what tortures me.

Well, if they freed me from this prison, if that railroad train was mine,

I bet I'd move on over a little farther down the line,

Far from Folsom Prison, that's where I want to stay,

And I'd let that lonesome whistle blow my blues away

I'm afraid I don't get it. Care to explain?

Peeve=having a bad case of Mommy Brain. :( I just came home and realized I left the milk on the counter all day, and forgot to send in my youngest's field trip permission slip. This was after I spent a good 10 minutes searching for my shirt before leaving for work this morning :blink:

I think I use up all the "good" brain cells for work and for keeping track of our elaborate activity car pool spreadsheets, I mean schedules ... :unsure:

Lady Gaga's latest video...about a disco stick... :rolleyes:

I saw that video the other day! It was the first time I'd heard Lady Gaga. My friend had actually told me she was good, and she (my friend) doesn't even listen to terrible music. Well so I thought, until I heard this song. Is all of Lady Gaga's stuff that awful? I was surprised my friend liked her, when she shares my Jimmy Page crush!

I saw that video the other day! It was the first time I'd heard Lady Gaga. My friend had actually told me she was good, and she (my friend) doesn't even listen to terrible music. Well so I thought, until I heard this song. Is all of Lady Gaga's stuff that awful? I was surprised my friend liked her, when she shares my Jimmy Page crush!

I only know whatever the song is she just released and I've heard it once so can't help you there. Anything I've read seems to compare her to Christina Aguleira but I'm not sure if that's her style or vocals.

I only know whatever the song is she just released and I've heard it once so can't help you there. Anything I've read seems to compare her to Christina Aguleira but I'm not sure if that's her style or vocals.

Wow... cause Christina has an amazing, powerful voice. Don't like how she uses it, but that's another topic... anyway based on the one Lady Gaga song I heard I wouldn't compare her to Christina, or to anyone who has a remotely good voice, for that matter. :rolleyes: I guess I could see how their style could be called similar, though.

Wow... cause Christina has an amazing, powerful voice. Don't like how she uses it, but that's another topic... anyway based on the one Lady Gaga song I heard I wouldn't compare her to Christina, or to anyone who has a remotely good voice, for that matter. :rolleyes: I guess I could see how their style could be called similar, though.

I didn't hear any vocal similarities either. I'd agree with you on Christina's voice for sure. Amazing power and range but her material is meh. I think it must be style wise they were referring to.

The only thing similar to Lady GaGa and Christina Aguilera is the long blond hair with bangs look. I like Lady G, but I wonder who she is trying to look like. One minute it is Christina, then on American Idol a few weeks back, she sorta looked like Amy Winehouse but blonde!! :o When someone asked Christina about Lady G, she said she didn't know who that was, and Lady G took that as a compliment because that put her out there more. Go figure. :D Nine, you think Christina's material isn't all that good? She has some great songs, I think. I just love her, what a voice. :)

Back on topic, a pet peeve of mine is when people get all up in your personal space and then have the nerve to act like you are in THEIR way when you were there first!! I'm like "I was here first and you have plenty of room to go the other way you know". Arrrgh. :angry:

I went to the dentist this afternoon and was told that I had 3 cavities. I had one filled just four months ago, and I had two others prior to that. I don't understand why...I brush twice a day, floss, use fluoride rinse, the whole nine yards...yet I still get them. What the hell? The strange thing is, I ate a lot of sweets as a kid, and I never had cavities. Now I've cut back on the sugar and yet I get them. I want to blame genetics but no one else in my family has had that many cavities in their lifetime.

It's not fair, dammit. :angry:

The only thing similar to Lady GaGa and Christina Aguilera is the long blond hair with bangs look. I like Lady G, but I wonder who she is trying to look like. One minute it is Christina, then on American Idol a few weeks back, she sorta looked like Amy Winehouse but blonde!! :o When someone asked Christina about Lady G, she said she didn't know who that was, and Lady G took that as a compliment because that put her out there more. Go figure. :D Nine, you think Christina's material isn't all that good? She has some great songs, I think. I just love her, what a voice. :)

Back on topic, a pet peeve of mine is when people get all up in your personal space and then have the nerve to act like you are in THEIR way when you were there first!! I'm like "I was here first and you have plenty of room to go the other way you know". Arrrgh. :angry:

Candyman is one of my very faves from last year. :)

I went to the dentist this afternoon and was told that I had 3 cavities. I had one filled just four months ago, and I had two others prior to that. I don't understand why...I brush twice a day, floss, use fluoride rinse, the whole nine yards...yet I still get them. What the hell? The strange thing is, I ate a lot of sweets as a kid, and I never had cavities. Now I've cut back on the sugar and yet I get them. I want to blame genetics but no one else in my family has had that many cavities in their lifetime.

It's not fair, dammit. :angry:

That happened to me too; none until my 20s, and then I had several :( And now I've had to have 3 fillings replaced <_<

Lady GaGa is not a tween artist. And the "disco stick" she's talking about is a guy's pecker.

Lost me on that one. I guess I'm not up with all the new tween codes :blink:

Tween codes and tween artists are two different things. How did you come up with that?

I think Christina has some good songs and some not so good songs. I have "Stripped" and I like about half of it. I would like to see her do less over produced material IMO.

Candyman is one of my very faves from last year. :)

I like a few of her songs. But I think she's waayy too theatrical with her voice. All those super contrived vocal runs drive me nuts! It makes me sad more than anything because she could have an AMAZING sound if only she could be more natural, and quit with all the vocal acrobatics.

I think Christina has some good songs and some not so good songs. I have "Stripped" and I like about half of it. I would like to see her do less over produced material IMO.

I hear ya. I don't have any of her albums, but I like some of her songs, too, and I think she has a good voice when she's not overdoing it. And yeah, the gimmicky production just kills it, ugh. On the country side of things, Miranda Lambert's another one like that. Girl, you don't need to hide behind the pink guitars and leather pants! You write awesome songs and can sing fairly well; just focus on that and leave gimmicks at the side of the stage.

People like Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson need all the help they can get, but others like Christina and Miranda Lambert don't need all the distractions.

Archived