Pet Peeves

Hotplant

If you're using a PC, use Firefox. If you're using a Mac, use Safari. They are almost essentially the same browser, just made by different companies.

I've got a PC, and IE was constantly crashing, so I switched to Firefox and had a lot of the same problems. Then I tried Safari, and although it has OTHER problems--like not being supported by some sites, and some commands not working as they should, among other things--the crashing/freezing problem quit. So I've stuck with it, and suffered through the other problems!

I never have a choice in updating it. It updates itself, dangit!

My pet peeves for the day:

1. I was woken by a weed whacker at 7am--it sounded like it was outside my bedroom window.

2. The neighbor's dog (a yippy one) is outside and WON'T SHUT UP! I swear, this thing drives me crazy!

2. The neighbor's dog (a yippy one) is outside and WON'T SHUT UP! I swear, this thing drives me crazy!

Ugh, I hate that. It's like an anvil chorus around here... On any given day, you can hear the musical stylings of:

- my dog, a dachshund

- the Weimaraner next door

- the two border terriers on the other side next door

- some kind of yippy, squeaky little squirt (like the one you're dealing with) at the end of the cul-de-sac that I've never actually seen

- some other dog, who's the loudest of them all...I don't even know where it lives or what it looks like, but it will not shut up!!

Usually all hell breaks loose whenever the UPS truck goes down the street...I don't know what it is, but all the dogs are convinced that the UPS man is evil. The mailman? No problem. But UPS must die, apparently.

Just took the first step to quit smoking yesterday. I bought some organic tobacco with no additives and they're roll your own. I figure this way I'll have to work for a cigarette and eventually I'll get tired of it.

:thumbsup: Good decision! Wishing you lots of luck. You will feel soooo much better when you've given them up :D

Ugh, I hate that. It's like an anvil chorus around here... On any given day, you can hear the musical stylings of:

- my dog, a dachshund

- the Weimaraner next door

- the two border terriers on the other side next door

- some kind of yippy, squeaky little squirt (like the one you're dealing with) at the end of the cul-de-sac that I've never actually seen

- some other dog, who's the loudest of them all...I don't even know where it lives or what it looks like, but it will not shut up!!

Usually all hell breaks loose whenever the UPS truck goes down the street...I don't know what it is, but all the dogs are convinced that the UPS man is evil. The mailman? No problem. But UPS must die, apparently.

:lol: I can relate to that - sounds like where I live. I guess they're all mad the UPS man doesn't bring them presents? <_<

:lol: I can relate to that - sounds like where I live. I guess they're all mad the UPS man doesn't bring them presents? <_<

That's the funny part - the guy always brings them a dog treat! This neighborhood doesn't take bribes, I guess, because I think he could show up with a steak dinner and they'd still all bark! :slapface: Nutty dogs.

That's the funny part - the guy always brings them a dog treat! This neighborhood doesn't take bribes, I guess, because I think he could show up with a steak dinner and they'd still all bark! :slapface: Nutty dogs.

He brings them treats and they STILL bark :o Those are some mighty picky dogs :lol::D

He brings them treats and they STILL bark :o Those are some mighty picky dogs :lol::D

Lol, yep, they sure are!

Maybe they're barking with excitement knowing the sound of the truck that brings them treats!

That's a possibility, for the rest of the neighborhood. My dog is definitely a snarling, slobbering, back-hair-raised attack weenie when the UPS man comes to the door, though. This dog will not be bought, lol.

Are you talking about me? :hysterical: Sorry, I couldn't resist - it's like you were setting us up for that one! ;)

Pretty sure it's me this time. A simple contradictory opinion can take you down the rabbit hole with Honey. Hell, agreeing with her is like playing dodgeball! Witness her responses in Revolution. I said some of my friends dropped high school for union jobs as forklift drivers. She replied suggesting I'm screwed if I have a heart attack. Um, okay. My ill-educated union friends have some of the best healthcare policies of anyone I know. But it goes right over her head. I'm annoying her by trying to have a logical conversation and, god forbid, sharing a few facts about people I actually know. I guess that makes me self-absorbed and clueless while she condescends from her pedestal.

Pretty sure it's me this time. A simple contradictory opinion can take you down the rabbit hole with Honey. Hell, agreeing with her is like playing dodgeball! Witness her responses in Revolution. I said some of my friends dropped high school for union jobs as forklift drivers. She replied suggesting I'm screwed if I have a heart attack. Um, okay. My ill-educated union friends have some of the best healthcare policies of anyone I know. But it goes right over her head. I'm annoying her by trying to have a logical conversation and, god forbid, sharing a few facts about people I actually know. I guess that makes me self-absorbed and clueless while she condescends from her pedestal.

I asked her,you self-absorbed bastard! :P

You mean like that Ev character?

Moi? I'd take a bullet for you! Of course that wouldn't be a selfless act as it would make me a good and giving person willing to sacrifice myself for a brother, and subsequently that would be glorifying myself. ;)

Moi? I'd take a bullet for you! Of course that wouldn't be a selfless act as it would make me a good and giving person willing to sacrifice myself for a brother, and subsequently that would be glorifying myself. ;)

Ahhhh! The pitfalls of being self-absorbed.

Oh, who am I kidding? I'd take a bullet for you too if I could get a bit of glory too!

Hey Y'all...No, how about... ALL y'all,watch this!

BANG! Ouch!That's gonna leave a cool scar,wanna see it? ;)

Man, are you in trouble again? ;) Gotta watch out for those logical conversations!

And I just couldn't resist the irony of asking if it was me, since if anyone asked that question, they'd immediately show themselves to be just as self-absorbed as EL implied, thinking it was all about them. Thought I'd do the honors. :)

Man, are you in trouble again? ;) Gotta watch out for those logical conversations!

And I just couldn't resist the irony of asking if it was me, since if anyone asked that question, they'd immediately show themselves to be just as self-absorbed as EL implied, thinking it was all about them. Thought I'd do the honors. :)

Self-absorbed minds think alike! :beer:

Archived