The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

That posted time would have been 5am your time 1am my time. Just got home from work and decided to crack one ( I'm not that bad :D ). Yeah, I see your point about Campbell. Nonis will deal Naslund if he can. The Canucks can't afford such a high priced underachiever.I've got a feeling the Ducks may make a move for him. We'll get a draft pick and clear some room under the cap IMO

the Campbell watch is on in Buffalo. I am scared to death they will let him go. If they do trade him they damn sure better get some quality in return. Just picked up some Blue Moon. Crack! Number one!!! :P

quote name='icantquityoubabe' date='Feb 19 2008, 12:29 PM' post='121983']

the Campbell watch is on in Buffalo. I am scared to death they will let him go. If they do trade him they damn sure better get some quality in return. Just picked up some Blue Moon. Crack! Number one!!! :P

Well you Toronto fans sure buy your share of tickets in Buffalo for the Sabres. Especially when the leafs come here or you arent doing to well. Why is it we cant get a ticket to a game there?

That's the frustrating thing...the teacher's pension plan of Ontario has a huge share of the Leafs' ''pie.'' They have a huge block of tickets reserved. If it isn't them it is some corporate companies that have tons of dough and buy season's tickets because they can and to use as incentives for employees. I've been to games where I've sat next to these guys in suits and ties. They watch the first two periods...if that... and just get up and leave mid game while some die hard fan is paying an arm and a leg for a chance to see the Leafs.

What little remains, the normal folk scramble for tickets. Others desperate to see the game have to deal with the scaplers which rip-off fans that really have no other alternative. A buddy of mine drove to Buffalo last week for the Leafs vs Sabres game and got 2 decent tickets for about 65 bucks apiece. Here, if you are lucky to find a pair of decent tickets you're looking at over 130 bucks each...and if you deal with scalpers you can expect to pay unbelievable amounts of money for one game.

That's the frustrating thing...the teacher's pension plan of Ontario has a huge share of the Leafs' ''pie.'' They have a huge block of tickets reserved. If it isn't them it is some corporate companies that have tons of dough and buy season's tickets because they can and to use as incentives for employees. I've been to games where I've sat next to these guys in suits and ties. They watch the first two periods...if that... and just get up and leave mid game while some die hard fan is paying an arm and a leg for a chance to see the Leafs.

What little remains, the normal folk scramble for tickets. Others desperate to see the game have to deal with the scaplers which rip-off fans that really have no other alternative. A buddy of mine drove to Buffalo last week for the Leafs vs Sabres game and got 2 decent tickets for about 65 bucks apiece. Here, if you are lucky to find a pair of decent tickets you're looking at over 130 bucks each...and if you deal with scalpers you can expect to pay unbelievable amounts of money for one game.

So true, Vancouver is no different. I won't pay a scalper so I have to rely on bloody good luck to get a ticket for a game

Well believe it or not, they tried once to build a Sabres/Leafs rivalry in Buffalo. I dont buy it. have nothing against Toronto. Its Montreal and Philly and Ottawa that I hate. I will always hate the Flyers the most and then Montreal. I know you dont want to hear this but I dont think the Leafs will make the playoffs this year. I think Buffalo will, but they had better get their crap in order. I am not worried in the least about Philly, or Montreal-onlly Ottawa. We shall see how the trade deadline unfolds. That could change much.

Well believe it or not, they tried once to build a Sabres/Leafs rivalry in Buffalo. I dont buy it. have nothing against Toronto. Its Montreal and Philly and Ottawa that I hate. I will always hate the Flyers the most and then Montreal. I know you dont want to hear this but I dont think the Leafs will make the playoffs this year. I think Buffalo will, but they had better get their crap in order. I am not worried in the least about Philly, or Montreal-onlly Ottawa. We shall see how the trade deadline unfolds. That could change much.

No worries, I knew we weren't making the playoffs a while ago :D

And I agree with you on that I hate Ottawa as well. I'll make you a deal: if you guys make it, and have to face the Sens I will cheer for the Sabres. Anyone but Ottawa!!! :D

Just read that the NHL has ordered Roberto Luongo to trim the flaps at the bottom of his pads. This came up during the playoff series with the Stars.... seems the story doesn't want to go away. We'll have to see where this goes.

People here won't take offence to you saying the leaf won't make the playoffs. They will agree. The leafs don't deserve to make the playoffs. The organization is a joke. Cliff Fletcher is gonna try and make some deals but all the most talented players have no trade clauses or are being paid to much that teams won't want them. It's not a good situation.

People here won't take offence to you saying the leaf won't make the playoffs. They will agree. The leafs don't deserve to make the playoffs. The organization is a joke. Cliff Fletcher is gonna try and make some deals but all the most talented players have no trade clauses or are being paid to much that teams won't want them. It's not a good situation.

It's not a good situation. I'm not a Leafs fan but would not want the Canucks to be in their position. Fergeson really screwed up signing all those veterans to long term, no trade contracts. The only way out is for the club to take the loss and start doing what the Sabres and Canucks...(just to mention two)..have done. Cut out the fat. It's gonna hurt for awhile but it will be worth it.

GO SABRES!

down 3-1 with less then 6 minutes to go in the 3rd period! Thomas Vanek steps up with two goals at 2:21 and 1:45 left (36 seconds apart!!!) and the winner in Ooooooooovertime!!!!

that moves us to a tie for 8th place with the flyers, with 66 points and 60 games played!

sabres are gonna make it in the playoffs... and when they do... WATCH OUT!!! they could be one of those low seeds to make a deep run in the playoffs!

Yes. How sweet it was! I will be there next Wed night in section 103, aisle 5 against the Nashville Predators. I am psyched. Long time Sabres fan. GO SABRES!!!
The last Sabres game I was at was in November. Buffalo vs the Bruins. Good seats....121/Row 20..Good night it was. Couple of beers at the Cobblestone and then headed for home. :D

Looks like the leafs may be very close to trading Sundin. Fletcher talked to him and asked what teams he is interested in going to. Looks like Mats is throwing his no trade clause out the window. It's about time. Don't know why he would want to stay with such a loser organiaztion.

Excellent Rick Jeannerett impression!! :D

Thank you! I was hoping someone was gonna mention that when I posted that!

I love that guy! He does some of the greatest (on a regular basis) game calls! Some people find him annoying... but he does a great job of putting you in the game and the emotion that comes with it!

Thank you! I was hoping someone was gonna mention that when I posted that!

I love that guy! He does some of the greatest (on a regular basis) game calls! Some people find him annoying... but he does a great job of putting you in the game and the emotion that comes with it!

Rick gets you in the game!!! I listen to 550 AM while travelling through western N.Y. He makes you feel part of the action(Sounds kinda corny I know) I miss Jim Lorentz.Great colour man. Liked hearing his stories of the Fog,dead bats and Tim Horton! :D

Rick gets you in the game!!! I listen to 550 AM while travelling through western N.Y. He makes you feel part of the action(Sounds kinda corny I know) I miss Jim Lorentz.Great colour man. Liked hearing his stories of the Fog,dead bats and Tim Horton! :D

I miss Jim too... Harry Neal is ok... but Jim was MUCH better!

Wings blow right now

They better get it together before the playoffs or we'll have another "knocked-out in the first round" run again...

I know we beat you last night but, you've got injuries in key areas. Get those players back and you'll be fine.

If I were a Leafs fan Id be pretty mad at Sundin in a way for not allowing a trade. But then I gues maybe it has something to do with his kids staying in school there and things like that.

Leafs fans are divided. There are those who blame the Leafs downward spiral on Sundin and those who respect, appreciate and want him to remain a Maple Leaf. I am part of the latter.

I think he's the heart of this team who plays with such intensity and passion and who has consistently contributed 13 years of service. He has stated in the media, that he sees himself playing one maybe two years at most. Therefore, I understand and respect his decision to finish off as a Maple Leaf. Personally, I would have thought it an insult if I were him and was asked to waive my no-trade clause. But that's Mats for ya, a class act that loves this team and this city. How can any fans resent him for that?

The other thing is that some Leafs fans are angry and are directing their frustration at Sundin. It's those same fans that, had Sundin decided to waive his no-trade clause, would have wasted no time accusing him of abandoning his team, being a traitor (especially since its been said that teams like Montreal and Ottawa were interested...BLASPHEMY!!!) In a nutshell those are the fans that are ungrateful to our captain's loyalty and dedication to this team and city.

Sundin is not the problem. In fact, I wonder how much shittier this team would be without him. He really hasn't had a solid line to work with in the past few years...there has been potential but at this point that is not good enough. He can't carry the whole team beacuse his team mates suffer from inconsistency.

McCabe has said that he will consider waiving his no-trade clause and I believe the Rangers are interested in him. His deal was a big mistake...too long....too much $$$. But other teams are showing interest and I'm sure we can get a couple of young guys for him. Plus there are a few other guys the Leafs can consider for this trade, which is why I'm pissed off at all the focus being on Sundin.

And since we'll most definitely finish last, we'll have a chance at first draft pick....our silver lining to a dismal year.

Leafs fans are divided. There are those who blame the Leafs downward spiral on Sundin and those who respect, appreciate and want him to remain a Maple Leaf. I am part of the latter.

I think he's the heart of this team who plays with such intensity and passion and who has consistently contributed 13 years of service. He has stated in the media, that he sees himself playing one maybe two years at most. Therefore, I understand and respect his decision to finish off as a Maple Leaf. Personally, I would have thought it an insult if I were him and was asked to waive my no-trade clause. But that's Mats for ya, a class act that loves this team and this city. How can any fans resent him for that?

The other thing is that some Leafs fans are angry and are directing their frustration at Sundin. It's those same fans that, had Sundin decided to waive his no-trade clause, would have wasted no time accusing him of abandoning his team, being a traitor (especially since its been said that teams like Montreal and Ottawa were interested...BLASPHEMY!!!) In a nutshell those are the fans that are ungrateful to our captain's loyalty and dedication to this team and city.

Sundin is not the problem. In fact, I wonder how much shittier this team would be without him. He really hasn't had a solid line to work with in the past few years...there has been potential but at this point that is not good enough. He can't carry the whole team beacuse his team mates suffer from inconsistency.

McCabe has said that he will consider waiving his no-trade clause and I believe the Rangers are interested in him. His deal was a big mistake...too long....too much $$$. But other teams are showing interest and I'm sure we can get a couple of young guys for him. Plus there are a few other guys the Leafs can consider for this trade, which is why I'm pissed off at all the focus being on Sundin.

And since we'll most definitely finish last, we'll have a chance at first draft pick....our silver lining to a dismal year.

I am of the view that Sundin does not owe the Leafs or the fans anything. He is the best player the leafs have had for how long now. He has put up with horrible management, etc, etc, for years. It's the leafs fault that he was signed to a no trade contract.

But if I were Sundin i would be getting out and going for a team that has a really good shot at winning the cup. I guess the cup is not that important to him.

Archived