The Deep Purple Thread

eagle87

11 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

:hysterical:

And those 2 songs are?

I guess I would say the radio friendly songs are smoke on the water, and Hush. There might be a couple others, I was trying to be kind. The funny thing to me is, they claim to have sold a 100 million albums, they have sold a total of 8 million in the US, and just over a Million in the United Kingdom. So I suppose the other 90 plus million was in Asia and other parts of Europe. I find that laughable. Their highest selling album in the US sold just over 2 million units. That is far below the worst selling Zeppelin album ever. I think Coda sold at least that many. I don’t know if you were disagreeing with me, or agreeing. In any event, comparing the two bands would be like comparing the Durham Bulls in the Minor Leagues against the Yankees. Comparing Page and Blackmore is also crazy. Page is as Santana said building Mansions when others are building houses, Paul Stanley who I don’t particularly like has also said that Page is a painter, comparing him to anyone is just simply not fair. He is head and shoulders above everyone. The proof in that would be all of his compositions. Blackmore didn’t write Kashmir, Song Remains the Same, Tea For One, the Rover, Ten Years Gone, Sick Again, Trampled, In The Evening, Stairway, hell, anything near any of the songs on any of the albums that Page wrote, produced, played and directed for lack of a better word. Again, I have absolutely tried to enjoy, and to listen and to appreciate Deep Purple. It is beyond rational to say that they were and or have ever been in the same league and level as Zeppelin. I will again go back to who now knows anything about them. I’m talking right now. I know for sure that kids growing up today know about Zeppelin, House moms know about them, old people, teenagers, their music is way beyond some Heavy Metal screaming. 

I will absolutely agree that I sound like a jackass saying this on Deep Purples thread. I get it. I apologize for it. I just simply can’t let someone try and say that they are a similar band. Jimmy, Robert, Jonesy, and Bonham would 100% agree with what I have said. I’ll rest my case with that alone. But they do have some catchy songs with some cool guitar, and they are a very good Bar Band. 

Edited by Plant77

On 11/4/2022 at 9:09 PM, Plant77 said:

I guess I would say the radio friendly songs are smoke on the water, and Hush. There might be a couple others, I was trying to be kind. The funny thing to me is, they claim to have sold a 100 million albums, they have sold a total of 8 million in the US, and just over a Million in the United Kingdom. So I suppose the other 90 plus million was in Asia and other parts of Europe. I find that laughable. Their highest selling album in the US sold just over 2 million units. That is far below the worst selling Zeppelin album ever. I think Coda sold at least that many. I don’t know if you were disagreeing with me, or agreeing. In any event, comparing the two bands would be like comparing the Durham Bulls in the Minor Leagues against the Yankees. Comparing Page and Blackmore is also crazy. Page is as Santana said building Mansions when others are building houses, Paul Stanley who I don’t particularly like has also said that Page is a painter, comparing him to anyone is just simply not fair. He is head and shoulders above everyone. The proof in that would be all of his compositions. Blackmore didn’t write Kashmir, Song Remains the Same, Tea For One, the Rover, Ten Years Gone, Sick Again, Trampled, In The Evening, Stairway, hell, anything near any of the songs on any of the albums that Page wrote, produced, played and directed for lack of a better word. Again, I have absolutely tried to enjoy, and to listen and to appreciate Deep Purple. It is beyond rational to say that they were and or have ever been in the same league and level as Zeppelin. I will again go back to who now knows anything about them. I’m talking right now. I know for sure that kids growing up today know about Zeppelin, House moms know about them, old people, teenagers, their music is way beyond some Heavy Metal screaming. 

I will absolutely agree that I sound like a jackass saying this on Deep Purples thread. I get it. I apologize for it. I just simply can’t let someone try and say that they are a similar band. Jimmy, Robert, Jonesy, and Bonham would 100% agree with what I have said. I’ll rest my case with that alone. But they do have some catchy songs with some cool guitar, and they are a very good Bar Band. 

I know everyone has their own opinion, but dude, I pity you!

Here's a video of Deep purple playing with that hack singer Pavarotti:

And a clip of what many consider THE greatest live performance in the history of rock:

Don't even get me started on the guitar prowess of Ritchie Blackmore...... 

• 4 months later...
On 11/10/2022 at 1:02 PM, lynxwizard said:

Put down the Crackpipe, DP a bar band ? Thats amazing. ask someone in Europe or Japan who is more popular ? RB is a much better on stage, sorry to burst your wet dream. I know this is a LZ site but boy are we the fanboy. Odd you don't or won't talk about Lord and Jones on keys.

Imagine calling a bar band, a band that has played with orchestras, and playing at special events, I don't understand the unjustified hatred of the band.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 7:57 AM, Stryder1978 said:

I know everyone has their own opinion, but dude, I pity you!

Here's a video of Deep purple playing with that hack singer Pavarotti:

And a clip of what many consider THE greatest live performance in the history of rock:

Don't even get me started on the guitar prowess of Ritchie Blackmore...... 

No need for Pity. We all can like what can like. Ritchie is a good technical player. But his playing doesn’t excite me. That’s all. I’m not missing anything, as I’ve said I have tried to listen and like. I just don’t. 

On 11/10/2022 at 11:02 AM, lynxwizard said:

Put down the Crackpipe, DP a bar band ? Thats amazing. ask someone in Europe or Japan who is more popular ? RB is a much better on stage, sorry to burst your wet dream. I know this is a LZ site but boy are we the fanboy. Odd you don't or won't talk about Lord and Jones on keys.

Don’t talk tough with the crack pipe and fanboy comments. RB is no where near the player live or studio as Page. That’s a fact. Again we can list the song’s written and produced and played next to each other and see who wins out. Jones verses Lord isn’t a comparison as Jones is a master of several instruments including keys. And we can clearly see how many albums were sold in Europe and Asia for each band. I gave the stats in an earlier post. Trying to say that they are comparable is laughable. How many lead singers did they have? How many moving parts did they have within the band? Talk about a delusional fanboy. You are actually trying to compare the two. Grow up Peter Pan. 

I am all for people loving whatever band they want, but we have to be realistic and honest. The court of public opinion is what matters. 

On 5/14/2023 at 3:53 PM, Plant77 said:

Don’t talk tough with the crack pipe and fanboy comments. RB is no where near the player live or studio as Page. That’s a fact. Again we can list the song’s written and produced and played next to each other and see who wins out. Jones verses Lord isn’t a comparison as Jones is a master of several instruments including keys. And we can clearly see how many albums were sold in Europe and Asia for each band. I gave the stats in an earlier post. Trying to say that they are comparable is laughable. How many lead singers did they have? How many moving parts did they have within the band? Talk about a delusional fanboy. You are actually trying to compare the two. Grow up Peter Pan. 

I am all for people loving whatever band they want, but we have to be realistic and honest. The court of public opinion is what matters. 

I see you still have not put down the crackpipe, agree to disagree I guess

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...