Vinyl

Mothership and SRTS are coming out on vinyl around the middle of this month. I preorderd them from accousticsounds.com in the fall. I can't wait to see the vinyl of Mothership! It was supposed to be the most elaborate version of all three with 4 records.

• 3 months later...

What a shame... :angry: there are still a few vinyls that I haven't got...

Though I would gladly pay three digits for any one of them, I am a broke college student and can't afford that just yet. <_<

I'm still dreaming of the day I find that "hidden treasure-trove" of old mint condition vinyls at an old lady's garage sale for cheap. B)

I'm quite happy with used vinyls from ther 70's... the cracks and pops add character to the music! you cant get that out of digital

This is true. When I play music on CD everything is fine, but when I wheel out the viny, it takes me back some 35 years with every familiar click and pop.

RB

Though I would gladly pay three digits for any one of them, I am a broke college student and can't afford that just yet. <_<

I'm still dreaming of the day I find that "hidden treasure-trove" of old mint condition vinyls at an old lady's garage sale for cheap. B)

doc-go looking! there are millions of zeppelin records that were sold and if you yard sale or swapmeet once a month or more you will find a ton. you'll have to sift through the overplayed and under protected but you will be rewarded. unfortunately, our band sold so many copies of their albums that high dollar collectables are slim. the upside is, you can still find most of the albums and in great shape, too (if you look enough).

lazy? no problem-locate a used record store within 200 miles of you and make a day of it. most excellent to very good condition zep albums can be bought used retail $3-5 bucks. you'll beat even the most overloaded e-bay seller pennies on the dollar.

what? school has broke your ass, mom ain't talking to ya, gas is killing you, and all your change goes to beer?

priorities.......

:burp:

good luck!

I don't care about the pops and clicks, in fact, I enjoy them. They are specific to vinyl and for me, adds to them if they're vintage. I know that it isn't good on them, but it shows something about their history.

I agree with all of you guys about the "pops and cracks" of vinyls. It adds heart to the music - I might add that this is a rarity for some one in my age as I am 15 years old and DO NOT own and ipod. I despise IPODs - they took the heart out of music. I can't stand those kids who listen to a song for about 30 seconds and switch to another song - being a Zeppelin fan, I am quite accustomed to long songs. Dazed and Confused at Madison Square Garden in 73' was about 28 minutes long...I enjoy every second of it.

You guys should see the set of Japaneese release albums on e-Bay. Complete catalogue! If only I had $500 <_<

P.S. iPod supports .mp3, which is a "lossy" file type. The music degrades and degrades with every transfer. :angry: That is no way to treat music.

Give me vinyl anyday.

I agree with all of you guys about the "pops and cracks" of vinyls. It adds heart to the music - I might add that this is a rarity for some one in my age as I am 15 years old and DO NOT own and ipod. I despise IPODs - they took the heart out of music. I can't stand those kids who listen to a song for about 30 seconds and switch to another song - being a Zeppelin fan, I am quite accustomed to long songs. Dazed and Confused at Madison Square Garden in 73' was about 28 minutes long...I enjoy every second of it.

I'm almost 15! I love my vinyl, I put LZIII on the turntable yesterday and it's getting it's fair share of pops and I enjoyed every minute of it. I have an ipod, my mom bought it for me, says I need to accept the change in time. I know it's 2008, I accept that, but if I could change it to about 1966 I would. she won't let me have a turntable at her house, so I have one at my dad's. When I listen to my ipod, the songs are usually short. If I sit down and listen to music, I don't care how long the song is. I enjoy them no matter the time limit.

I totally agree with you, Izfan - I direly wish that it was the 60s or 70s - there was no time in music like that. I know that it must have seemed like hell for some people because of the Vietnam war and everything, but it gave people something to rebel against and I would trade technology in our age to be a part of the 60s any day. I also use my dad's record player - he never uses it anymore so I took it up into my room and hooked it up to my stereo amplifier - sounds amazing. I can really crank it, too. When I play guitar though, which happens about three times a day, I usually put on CDs for times sake because it's easy to flip through songs and rewind to play the solo 50 times, like I usually do...Led Zeppelin and AC/DC got me into guitar. AC/DC I don't like so much now, though - too simple for me.

I have trouble accepting the fact that it's 2008...I keep wondering what music will be like in the next couple decades. Judging by the way it's gone now, with rap and pop and all, I don't think it looks too happy - machines will have completely taken over the recording business. You see, the trouble now with musicians is that a lot of them skip the process in making the music. Another thing: Where did the long songs go? Nowadays you only see songs that are between 3 and 4 minutes long, with little or no guitar solo. I'm proud to say that my band has about 6 songs that top 8 minutes, out of a total of 20 songs.

Anyway, it's nice to find someone my age that actually shares my views about music from back then - it's really rare, I think. All the idiots at my school seem to shun music from back then, with the exception of a few of my friends. I always find myself befriending s that came from the 60s and 70s as well - they are so cool. I certainly hope Led Zeppelin tours again, if so, I'll pay anything to see them - I bet they are amazing.

I just saw TSRTS and Mother Ship available for reorder here are a few links for vinyl online sellars

Rhino scroll down the vinyl section and you'll see the preorder for both

or for more of the rare selections eil

I totally agree with you, Izfan - I direly wish that it was the 60s or 70s - there was no time in music like that. I know that it must have seemed like hell for some people because of the Vietnam war and everything, but it gave people something to rebel against and I would trade technology in our age to be a part of the 60s any day.

You do realize there is a war going on now don't you?

Having grown up in the 70s I can honestly say you didn't miss out on much. Yes, there was lots of good music in the 60s and 70s but there was also lots of good music in the 80s and 90s. And, believe it or not, there's tons of it today but you have to seek it out. It's just like it's always been there's lots of crap clogging the airwaves but there's also lots of good music to be found.

Archived