What Do You Guys Believe Exists?

Sketchy K

1 minute ago, Plant77 said:

Yeah man, if you are in your 40’s and having success with that age group. And they are mature, and consenting, and you have a good time, and you are not hurting anyone, or being hurt. I believe 2pac said “I ain’t mad atcha! Do your thang boy”! 

See, 2pac knew what was up! 😛

12 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

We will have to agree to disagree on this one 😂😂

I've dated women in their 20s who were waaaaaay more mature/sweet/humble/fun than women in their early 40s. Age really is just a number (within reason, of course). I tend to attract women in their mid 20s and up and don't think that's a problem for anyone. As long as consenting adults are honest and kind with each other, it's kinda all good imo.  

Hey, to each their own as long as the person is over 18 and consenting. For me though at 53 there is absolutely no way I am going to find any common ground with any woman under 30 and honestly at this point I doubt I would consider dating anyone under 40 if I were single. For me if there are no shared experiences and points of reference I simply cannot be attracted. Beside the fact I would likely wind up dropping their "device" in the nearest toilet at first chance since most cannot seem to keep their hands off them for more than 10 seconds 😉 

Edited by BobDobbs

3 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Hey, to each their own as long as the person is over 18 and consenting. For me though at 53 there is absolutely no way I am going to find any common ground with any woman under 30 and honestly at this point I doubt I would consider dating anyone under 40 if I were single. For me if there are no shared experiences and points of reference I simply cannot be attracted. Beside the fact I would likely wind up dropping their "device" in the nearest toilet at first chance since most cannot seem to keep their hands off them for more than 10 seconds 😉 

All good, my friend! To each their own, as you say. My experience with younger women has been different, but it's a big world we live in with lots of different people. 🙂

For the record, I've never been "against" dating older women, I've just found the chemistry and fun factor as well as ironically maturity factor to be so much better with women in the mid 20s to late 30s group. Probably just a coincidence, I'm sure. I've always been kind of a young soul too so that has something to do with it. Who knows lol.  

9 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

All good, my friend! To each their own, as you say. My experience with younger women has been different, but it's a big world we live in with lots of different people. 🙂

For the record, I've never been "against" dating older women, I've just found the chemistry and fun factor as well as ironically maturity factor to be so much better with women in the mid 20s to late 30s group. Probably just a coincidence, I'm sure. I've always been kind of a young soul too so that has something to do with it. Who knows lol.  

About 15 years ago, before I met my wife, I was dating a woman 10 years older than me. She sure did not look it, she was in fantastic shape and just a sweet person. Turns out she was a groupie hanger-on back in the 70's if that makes any sense. The way she explained it she liked the vibe of hanging out with the rock stars but never slept with any of them as she came from a devoutly Jewish family and was literally afraid her family would exile her or something. Anyway, she said she met and hung out with Zep during the 75' tour when she was 17. Told me she mostly chatted with Bonzo & Mick Hinton, that they were both very nice and in good spirits. It was right after their show in LA on March 12th 75'.

I guess I always loved the whole experience thing, a woman who's been around the block a few times and can teach me a thing or two. Now that I'm in my 50's, should I ever find myself single, I think I will have to look a bit younger unless Sandra Bullock or Julia-Louise Dreyfus are up for a go 😉 

Now back to topic. What do you think about all the shows either already out or coming out which deal with the occult, secret societies, etc. Shows like Archive81, the first season of True Detective, Strange Angel, and Incantation? The best IMO was Strange Angel & True Detective season 1 especially. They really dig deep and get into some seriously disturbing shit. Especially as TD season ! was partially based on a true story. Strange Angel is really good, all about Jack Parsons and the OTO in California in the 40's. Even Mr. Crowley makes and appearance 🙂 

On 1/20/2022 at 7:26 PM, 1975NQ said:

This is a bit random, but have you head of Victor Davis Hanson? I have a feeling you might enjoy his work and viewpoints (Bob, if you're reading, I think you'd like him too). Here's an interview of him on YT. It's pretty long, but there are others online that are shorter. I agree with just about everything he says and think he'd be a huge bestseller if he could keep politics out of his books. Sharp, sharp guy. 

https://youtu.be/UKe_U6QSpi4

Looks like the neocon hasn't completely changed his spots, here he is banging the drums for war over the Ukraine:

Victor Davis Hanson: Why Putin Has Not Been Deterred | ZeroHedge

This piece is simply awful, frankly it undercuts the good stuff he's written about America's imperial collapse. 

4 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Looks like the neocon hasn't completely changed his spots, here he is banging the drums for war over the Ukraine:

Victor Davis Hanson: Why Putin Has Not Been Deterred | ZeroHedge

This piece is simply awful, frankly it undercuts the good stuff he's written about America's imperial collapse. 

Yeah I agree. I was so impressed with him with his interviews, but the stuff he writes is just awful sometimes, both with content and that dumbed-down rhetoric. Oh well lol. 

13 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

About 15 years ago, before I met my wife, I was dating a woman 10 years older than me. She sure did not look it, she was in fantastic shape and just a sweet person. Turns out she was a groupie hanger-on back in the 70's if that makes any sense. The way she explained it she liked the vibe of hanging out with the rock stars but never slept with any of them as she came from a devoutly Jewish family and was literally afraid her family would exile her or something. Anyway, she said she met and hung out with Zep during the 75' tour when she was 17. Told me she mostly chatted with Bonzo & Mick Hinton, that they were both very nice and in good spirits. It was right after their show in LA on March 12th 75'.

I guess I always loved the whole experience thing, a woman who's been around the block a few times and can teach me a thing or two. Now that I'm in my 50's, should I ever find myself single, I think I will have to look a bit younger unless Sandra Bullock or Julia-Louise Dreyfus are up for a go 😉 

Now back to topic. What do you think about all the shows either already out or coming out which deal with the occult, secret societies, etc. Shows like Archive81, the first season of True Detective, Strange Angel, and Incantation? The best IMO was Strange Angel & True Detective season 1 especially. They really dig deep and get into some seriously disturbing shit. Especially as TD season ! was partially based on a true story. Strange Angel is really good, all about Jack Parsons and the OTO in California in the 40's. Even Mr. Crowley makes and appearance 🙂 

Wow, that's a great story! I would have been asking her endless questions about her Zep experience 😂

I've actually never been super interested in occult stuff myself. But I did love TD Season 1. I thought it was fantastic across the board with writing, acting, direction and production. I had no  idea that it was based on real life stuff, that is creepy af. 

The only thing I've heard about with evil spirit stuff is some stories the girl who cuts my hair has told me. She is a special individual and has had some truly terrifying experiences. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Before she shared that with me, I never really gave that stuff much thought. It kinda gives me the heebie jeebies lol

2 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

Yeah I agree. I was so impressed with him with his interviews, but the stuff he writes is just awful sometimes, both with content and that dumbed-down rhetoric. Oh well lol. 

Not to mention that he's delusional over whether most Americans could even find Ukraine on a map, let alone give two shits over whether it stays independent or not.  But this is how the two party duopoly works in DC:  some idiot starts a pointless war, and the rest of the clowns fall right in line.  

3 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Not to mention that he's delusional over whether most Americans could even find Ukraine on a map, let alone give two shits over whether it stays independent or not.  But this is how the two party duopoly works in DC:  some idiot starts a pointless war, and the rest of the clowns fall right in line.  

This nonsense is a result of a miserably failed US foreign policy with Russia & NATO from the 90's. Once the Soviet Union collapsed in 91' we should have dissolved NATO and encouraged a European only joint defense agreement which would have included the Russian Republic. The US & the West should have heavily invested in Russia to encourage and develop a free-market republic. Instead we essentially ignored Russia which allowed the gangsters to take over and then a former KGB director with delusions of grandeur and a vision for a new Soviet state, to seize power. Now we have this bullshit. I think one way to stop this nonsense with Putin would be to get OPEC on board, flood Europe with cheap oil and cut off that Russian pipeline. That will change Putin's mind right fast as Russia is pretty much bankrupt and that pipeline is its main source of income. Of course that will never happen 😞 

That's my 2 cents, my silly contribution to Real Politik. 

23 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

This nonsense is a result of a miserably failed US foreign policy with Russia & NATO from the 90's. Once the Soviet Union collapsed in 91' we should have dissolved NATO and encouraged a European only joint defense agreement which would have included the Russian Republic. The US & the West should have heavily invested in Russia to encourage and develop a free-market republic. Instead we essentially ignored Russia which allowed the gangsters to take over and then a former KGB director with delusions of grandeur and a vision for a new Soviet state, to seize power. Now we have this bullshit. I think one way to stop this nonsense with Putin would be to get OPEC on board, flood Europe with cheap oil and cut off that Russian pipeline. That will change Putin's mind right fast as Russia is pretty much bankrupt and that pipeline is its main source of income. Of course that will never happen 😞 

That's my 2 cents, my silly contribution to Real Politik. 

Agreed, NATO is a classic example of a bureaucracy that outlived its usefulness decades ago, it has no reason to exist.  But the problem with your suggestion is that the Americans want to cut off cheap gas to Europe from Russia and replace it with their own (expensive) LNG (liquefied natural gas).  It looks like France and Germany are pushing back on this, I guess we'll see what happens next.   

Speaking of the Ukraine, the 70's, and all that good stuff, doesn't this NSA hack look exactly like something out of Westworld?

WH national security adviser says there's a 'very distinct' possibility of Russian attack on Ukraine - ABC News (go.com)

There's of course theories that Biden has a body-double (I take no position on this), but I look at this fucking guy, and I do wonder if they're not actually using real robots.

On 2/3/2022 at 11:50 PM, cryingbluerain said:

Just like the J6 "insurrection", takes one to know one.

Just stop, go back to your silly vaccine thread with that nonsense. You're like the kid at recess who just has to ruin it for everyone by shitting in the sandbox.

On 1/27/2022 at 7:35 PM, 1975NQ said:

See, 2pac knew what was up! 😛

Pac knew what was up! Straight genius! As far as what exists, I’m a firm believer that we are not all there is. I could get way deeper into it, I’ve been an avid reader on the subject since childhood. Not that I’m any type that of authority. I just feel that it would be very presumptuous of me to think that our race/the human race is the end all and be all in this vast universe. Whether I’ve had any experiences or not is purely anecdotal. 

I believe that the world is very complex, we only see what our brains will allow or can handle. I think we will be seeing a phenomenal amount of changes in the next decade or two. I have a 13 year old daughter, and to be honest I don’t feel that we or I can even begin to imagine what life will be like for her generation. 

However, for those who do not believe in anything else other than what they have read, or experienced I can appreciate that. I would say listen to Alex Friedmans Podcast, and read anything by Avi Loeb. 

I really want to ask why NATO is not needed anymore? And I mean that, not being a sarcastic jackass. I may have different feelings on it, but there are a certain group of people who have really started to feel that way over the last 6 years or so. I had never heard that up until that time. I get that we pay an enormous amount, and I’m not ignorant on the subject. I just only hear it from a certain group. 

Cheers everyone. 

18 minutes ago, Plant77 said:

Pac knew what was up! Straight genius! As far as what exists, I’m a firm believer that we are not all there is. I could get way deeper into it, I’ve been an avid reader on the subject since childhood. Not that I’m any type that of authority. I just feel that it would be very presumptuous of me to think that our race/the human race is the end all and be all in this vast universe. Whether I’ve had any experiences or not is purely anecdotal. 

I believe that the world is very complex, we only see what our brains will allow or can handle. I think we will be seeing a phenomenal amount of changes in the next decade or two. I have a 13 year old daughter, and to be honest I don’t feel that we or I can even begin to imagine what life will be like for her generation. 

However, for those who do not believe in anything else other than what they have read, or experienced I can appreciate that. I would say listen to Alex Friedmans Podcast, and read anything by Avi Loeb. 

I really want to ask why NATO is not needed anymore? And I mean that, not being a sarcastic jackass. I may have different feelings on it, but there are a certain group of people who have really started to feel that way over the last 6 years or so. I had never heard that up until that time. I get that we pay an enormous amount, and I’m not ignorant on the subject. I just only hear it from a certain group. 

Cheers everyone. 

NATO is no longer needed because the entity it was intended to defend against - the Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact - no longer exist.  There is no legitimate American interest that depends on what happens in Eastern Europe (the main focus of action right now).  It is the classic example of a bureaucracy that's outlived its usefulness.  (Its extent of claimed influence goes well beyond the North Atlantic, e.g.)  America has more than enough problems at home it should deal with, it shouldn't be defending Europe militarily.  

Edited by JohnOsbourne

2 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

NATO is no longer needed because the entity it was intended to defend against - the Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact - no longer exist.  There is no legitimate American interest that depends on what happens in Eastern Europe (the main focus of action right now).  It is the classic example of a bureaucracy that's outlived its usefulness.  (Its extent of claimed influence goes well beyond the North Atlantic, e.g.)  America has more than enough problems at home it should deal with, it shouldn't be defending Europe militarily.  

:goodpost:

2 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

On counterculture infiltration/compromise, here's one I wasn't aware of, the claim that Jimi Hendrix' manager had ties to British intelligence:

JIMI HENDRIX: VOODOO CHILD - DAVID COMFORT

Hendrix had been in the military, FWIW.  

They were trying to weaponize Hendrix into literally blowing peoples minds. Jimi had a problem with that as Jimi was always down with the people, can ya dig it! Well, his manager had enough of Jimi's kumbya, Dr. Funkenstein nonsense and killed him.

They knew the funk had to be stopped and The Man stopped it. Jimi was simply too funky. Oh well, round #1 to The Man, but once Prince came on the scene, the funk was simply too strong in this one. His interstellar funkadelic mojo The Man simply could not fight.

One nation under a grove CC.

8 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

6 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

:goodpost:

Well slap me on the arse and call me Mary. You two agree. :friends:

My take is a bit different - although I don't disagree with the sentiment, and I'm not convinced, but I offer....

There are intelligence/military/geo-political strategist minds that are the selected advisers at the top levels of the US Government (no matter the party in power) - that you'd like to think contribe views and options that are not dogmatic, not partisan, just facts and viewpoints considered, and evaluated by leaders. They do their job in delivering their expertise for others to consider along with other views.

So one respectable/arguable position is to say NATO is valuable in that while the USSR has ceased to exist, Russia and its current President and outlook, for right or wrong, should be considered a potential threat to NATO, and non-NATO democracies. So while I am interested in the position that NATO has indeed outlived it's usefulness as it makes perfect sense, I believe there is a valid, if not strong counter to that.

So you make a good case John and I largely agree with it, but I can't help but think NATO may be a good counter balance to Russia's view of itself, history, and what Putin might consider as "righting past wrongs" from his perspective. The dog that the US has in the fight is simply a matter of promoting (preserving?) Democratic values and systems of Government over Autocratic - or less desirable (and demonstratably LESS efficient/advanced) systems of Government. I don't think that is in and of itself a bad "thing" - but how far should the US go?

If the US are not the "police of the world" - someone else will be. Better it be the superpower that has liberty and people as central to power at it's core than authoritarians.

I would go so far as to say it is more dangerous to let authoritarian systems expand unchecked in the world than to actively engage and counter them. Diplomatically first and foremost, but also as if it means something to you.

9 hours ago, Plant77 said:

2 hours ago, slave to zep said:

I believe the universe is vibrations and dimensions and what you put out returns to you.... I try to give thanks and be grateful every day.

And aliens 👽. Aliens are definitely real.

Joe Rogans DMT experiences, which he has gone into in depth with while interviewing interesting guests who took similar journeys at the least speaks to other dimensions or potential planes of existence that - at least for those who take that journey - is very, very real. Our 5 senses are great. What of the alien life form that has 8, or 12, or 50 senses? What of the lifeform that cuts through what we basically lack through our own biological limitations????

To think the human experience is the "height" of biological possibility is the absolute extreme of over confidence.

But then again, Humans produced the music of Led Zeppelin.

Cheers my friends!

Edited by rm2551

3 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Well slap me on the arse and call me Mary. You two agree. :friends:

My take is a bit different - although I don't disagree with the sentiment, and I'm not convinced, but I offer....

There are intelligence/military/geo-political strategist minds that are the selected advisers at the top levels of the US Government (no matter the party in power) - that you'd like to think contribe views and options that are not dogmatic, not partisan, just facts and viewpoints considered, and evaluated by leaders. They do their job in delivering their expertise for others to consider along with other views.

So one respectable/arguable position is to say NATO is valuable in that while the USSR has ceased to exist, Russia and its current President and outlook, for right or wrong, should be considered a potential threat to NATO, and non-NATO democracies. So while I am interested in the position that NATO has indeed outlived it's usefulness as it makes perfect sense, I believe there is a valid, if not strong counter to that.

So you make a good case John and I largely agree with it, but I can't help but think NATO may be a good counter balance to Russia's view of itself, history, and what Putin might consider as "righting past wrongs" from his perspective. The dog that the US has in the fight is simply a matter of promoting (preserving?) Democratic values and systems of Government over Autocratic - or less desirable (and demonstratably LESS efficient/advanced) systems of Government. I don't think that is in and of itself a bad "thing" - but how far should the US go?

If the US are not the "police of the world" - someone else will be. Better it be the superpower that has liberty and people as central to power at it's core than authoritarians.

I would go so far as to say it is more dangerous to let authoritarian systems expand unchecked in the world than to actively engage and counter them. Diplomatically first and foremost, but also as if it means something to you.

Joe Rogans DMT experiences, which he has gone into in depth with while interviewing interesting guests who took similar journeys at the least speaks to other dimensions or potential planes of existence that - at least for those who take that journey - is very, very real. Our 5 senses are great. What of the alien life form that has 8, or 12, or 50 senses? What of the lifeform that cuts through what we basically lack through our own biological limitations????

To think the human experience is the "height" of biological possibility is the absolute extreme of over confidence.

But then again, Humans produced the music of Led Zeppelin.

Cheers my friends!

Waaaaaas up?????

The problem in NATO is the US should no longer be attached to it. Once the Soviet state ceased to exist NATO should have re-formed as a European only joint defense partnership. With us involved it gives the impression of an American hegemony in the region. Regarding Putin's ambitions, he desperately needs money as Russian is all but bankrupt at this point. Russia is not a threat and has never really been a threat to the West as all of their assets are for regional defense only, the only global capability Russia, or China has for that matter, are with their nukes but neither nation can move any conventional forces farther than a few hundred miles of its land borders. Russia has been used as a nonsense excuse for this outrageously massive defense budget which makes no sense. The fact is, the only nation with global conventional force projection capabilities is the US (the UK does as well but to a much lesser extent).

If it came down to it Germany alone could hand Russia it's backside with very little effort. Europe can easily take care of itself against Russia.

Yep, us silly humans. On the one hand you have the Crusades, the Wars of Religion, several genocides etc.' but on the other hand there Is Zeppelin & Bach, Raphael & Klimt, Joyce & Bukowski. I guess if you want the sweet, you must suffer through a whole lotta sour.

Edited by BobDobbs

Regardless of what one thinks of Putin or Russia, the thing that has to be considered is:  how would America react if China (say) helped topple the Mexican government and installed an anti-American government that petitioned to join a Chinese military alliance?  Personally, I do not find Russian concerns unreasonable here.  And I'm pretty sure Russia doesn't want to go to war with its main trading partner (Western Europe).  This is none of America's business, it's time to come home.

19 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

They were trying to weaponize Hendrix into literally blowing peoples minds. Jimi had a problem with that as Jimi was always down with the people, can ya dig it! Well, his manager had enough of Jimi's kumbya, Dr. Funkenstein nonsense and killed him.

They knew the funk had to be stopped and The Man stopped it. Jimi was simply too funky. Oh well, round #1 to The Man, but once Prince came on the scene, the funk was simply too strong in this one. His interstellar funkadelic mojo The Man simply could not fight.

One nation under a grove CC.

Hendrix was a mind-blowing guitarist, no doubt, but I'm having trouble seeing him as an MKUltra asset (there's some chick on youtube claiming her uncle was his handler).  The manager, who knows.

4 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Hendrix was a mind-blowing guitarist, no doubt, but I'm having trouble seeing him as an MKUltra asset (there's some chick on youtube claiming her uncle was his handler).  The manager, who knows.

Jimi was no MKUltra asset, he was a Dr. Funkenstein asset and he has gone off on the Mothership to intergalactic grooviness.